JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38121
    JERO
    Participant

Downstairs playing the lp's, and the order of the songs is fixed although you can pick a side 1-4 to put on, but upstairs, playing the cd IN RANDOM ORDER , some fascinating events happened. One morning all the atmospheric and folky stuff followed upon one-another, and it was the new MP album. Then yester-eve all the hardrock stuff was picked out of it and it was another the new MP album. But I know it's good when the earworms start kicking in and I find myself singing Lady May or the reffrain of the title-song. The Cosmoctopus is indeed sensational and could very well be named Larks Tongues in Aspic part 7 (or is it 8), although I cannot experience it as a unity or 'song'. But hey, that crazy spiralling guitar part from a stage will sure be something! :MPD:

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38081
      JERO
      Participant

Enjoying this new compilation album (as in compilation of leftovers from previous recording sessions worked over) on repeat for 2 days now and I'd say it's well crafted music as expected, but nothing too shockingly new in the MP universe. But it's o.k. , something more like N.O.X. or their first work for modern-classical orchestra arriving already would surely be too much too soon. Just sitting back, enjoying the grooves and shouting out DEATH TO FALSE METAL ! now and again :D

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38035
        JERO
        Participant

ja! Practising headbanging now. Nice glimpse, but I agree with others here, it should be appreciated within the context of the whole album :P raaahhhhh! Vikingbloodboiling

in reply to: New Music #34838
          JERO
          Participant

wow! on BLACK vinyl !!! :lol:

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38591
            JERO
            Participant

and what I also think is a particularly good aspect of what MP does, is processing their study of western music history through their own unique filter transforming into new music, building on what has already been created by other greats

For example; I knew about Stravinsky, but they got me into Bartok. As well as into Magma,Groundhogs,Husker Du, you name it, loads of others.So with every new album, I trust them to offer me new links to music to be discovered

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #37974
              JERO
              Participant

"MORE is more!" :lol:

in reply to: New Music #34828
                JERO
                Participant

Something (not entirely) else (to a Motorpsychodelic sonic build-up) here :

https://youtu.be/2PncS8LcoaI = O_O :!:

in reply to: Romaniac´s Monster #37697
                  JERO
                  Participant

But we don't know anything, do we now. For the worst, the vaccine could be useless in a couple of months, what with the virus mutating all over. I feel pretty sad and hopeless about experiencing MP live again. Now there's only hope for new recorded material which would really let the sun come out, but hey, this used to be the greatest live band in the world…

Meanwhile my brethren, stay safe and support others where you can. We have chances to make our lives meaningful for sure amid all the restrictions. Please stay away from the stupid conspiracy shit. I'm working hard as a nurse in a hospital and I experience the truth about Covid 19-20-21 every day. The shit's for real. Greetings and let's not lose hope :?

in reply to: Møster! Dust Breathing (new album) #37918
                    JERO
                    Participant

Good heavens, Punj, for a moment there you made me believe you finally acquired a RECORD PLAYER ! :lol: but since you link to bandcamp, I understand "giving the album a spin" is really spinning data through your DATAMASKIN ! (Norwegian language is such fun!). Anyway, anyhow, anywhere, I'll be sure to give it a listen, love, Jeroen

in reply to: X-mastime Is Here! #37786
                      JERO
                      Participant

@Ratmaus; that's right. I suspect some other cheeky effects here, though :-)

in reply to: X-mastime Is Here! #37784
                        JERO
                        Participant

Hi Bernie, it's very much like 'Summertime is here' from the Another Ugly EP, with altered lyrics and I'd say a lot more spiked up sound, better produced and with a great "showbiz" vocal singing. I.m.o. MP now shares the Nr. 1 spot with Slade for alltime best Xmas rocksocksong! It's uplifting, makes you want to sing along and play it over again.

So now, who dares to guess the identity of the special guest star (I guess the singer?), I'll go for the 10 kilo Norske Xmasbread and venture it's Lars Lien. What do you guys think? :idea:

in reply to: X-mastime Is Here! #37782
                          JERO
                          Participant

Hurrah! IT arrived this morning, giving color to a grey and cold day! Now where did I put that plastic thingy for the record player to play singles? o, no need for that, gonna listen to it right now, and the neighbours will as well! :MPD:

in reply to: Motorpsycho autotuning their vocals?? #20350
                            JERO
                            Participant

I agree with Krist, and not only is the singing better (Snah's as well) but more versatile , for example, these days even the hardcore voices from their loud beginnings might turn up at the appropriate time, I noticed during Mountain (Amsterdam 2019)or at the climax of The Wheel (Den Haag 2019) while maybe after that they'll sing in harmony for another song! Bent's 'broken' vocals/smokers voice i.m.o. did not necessaraly provide the best way to render feeling in a 'soft' song, listen to that latest gem The Dowser, which is sung in a tender but clear vocal, surely bringing a tear to my eye when I listen to it. But all the while, throughout the years, it is always Bent and/or Snah we hear singing, warts and all, and that is like the watermark of authenticity of who they are and what they do, so I have to love it!

in reply to: Verkstedhallen 23.10.2020 #37850
                              JERO
                              Participant

Mr.Victim, fantastic, for me one of the best tracks on COTF, in fact, skip Barley's Cornbread and play Mr. Victim twice is what I'd shout into the wishing well (or Ride The Tiger!)Gee Wizz, I sorta kinda quite a lot envy the lucky ones that got to these gigs, and I know I'm not the only one, and seeing Thor Egil's snapshots of the apparently extatic bandmembers is nice and it hurts at the same time. Only consolation is the wealth of past gigs on the motorpsychodelic clip pages. What a great opportunity to practice patience…(sigh)

in reply to: X-mastime Is Here! #37768
                                JERO
                                Participant

Yay! Ordered a red vinyl copy too, along with a couple of albums I only owned on cd up until now (yes,what luxury!).As @Spokje said: nothing wrong with helping the band earning a couple o'bucks in these hard times and in the meanwhile filling up your own Xmas sock.

In the meantime, I'm curious about the "special guest" mentioned…could it be Larry Lux's nephew himself returning after all these years for this special one-off ????? :P

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994