SteveK

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Orgelfest II in Oslo Domkirke #20675

Absolutely amazing!!!

in reply to: Kongsberg Jazzfestival July 09 2011 #19880

Sad to say I don't agree with the review. First of the setlist: They opened with Bombproof roll… (Arne???) Indeed 30 minutes but unfortunately for me the jam was going nowhere. (I don't enjoy a jam just because it is a jam). And this, I felt was the case with much of the concert. A lot of jamming (cool!!!) but it got me bored very quickly as it all sounded the same. Also the setlist someone posted said "Nothing to mount". Can't remember hearing anything of Mountain (I had been looking forward to hearing it). And while I'm complaining: I don't really see what Stian brought to the table. Yes he looked very enthusiatic and into the music, but I really couldn't tell if/or what he was playing. He certainly didn't convince me that MP need a 2nd guitarist. On a positive note: things were very enjoyable from "all is loneliness" and onwards. Was really fun to hear "Nothing to say" live again. All in all: For me this was a 3 out of 6. But then again it's hard to follow the 6 out of 6 concert they did at Øya last year). BTW: Primus were excellent!!!!

in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12092

Just got back from the Motorpsycho/Supersilent-gig in Drammen.

So what can you expect? Well, you should NOT expect Motorpsycho playing Motorpsycho songs with Supersilent as a backing-band. To me it seemed like most of the concert was built around improvised themes. Someone would start with a sound/guitar doodle/drum beat and the rest would follow slowly building the “song” towards a climax. I only recognized one part as something from a Motorpsycho song, but unfortunately I’m really bad with songtitles. It was the only 5 minutes of the concert where Bent & Snah were singing. The drummer from Supersilent did some vocals on some of the themes and, for me, these were the highlights of the show. He did some weird scary talking/shouting/screaming and a part where he was chanting. Sounded like something you would hear in a arabic minaret. Really really cool!!! Other highlights for me were the noisy parts (the metal-head that I am),some of them not a thousand miles away from a Sunn o))) drone.

They played for an hour and a half and came back for a 20 min+ encore. Approx 2 hours total. A few parts that didn’t “do it for me”, but all in all a good solid package. I’ll give it a 7 out of 10…..

Hope this was useful to you people.

And I’ll see you at Øya. That will be AMAZING!!!!

in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13838

Quote: PS(When will next time be? Thought I heard Bent say that it will be a long time before they play here again as he exited the stage!!??)

Yeah, whats with the Rockefeller-hating lately?

So you heard it as well? (Read the other post where The Hadeland Man thought I heard wrong)

Anyway: This was the best MP show I have seen in many years. And I will see the next show as well.

Why not play at Sentrum Scene?? I have seen a couple of good shows there(Seigmen destroyed MP there sometime in 95-96?)i think Sentrum is a beautiful venue, and I have witnessed some of my favourite concerts there( Rage against the machine and Primus). Would love to see MP play there again. (I know Sentrum and Rockefeller is run by the same people……….) but anyway……….

in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13827

I thought that me and Motorpsycho were about to part ways……………..

Of course I would always have tons of great releases from the past and a lot of happy memories, as I’ve seen every Rockefeller gig since the mid-nineties.

But ever since the LTEC-era I’ve struggeled to get into the new material, (although LLM was a pleasant surprise)and before this show, I did, for the first time, consider not going to a nearby Motorpsycho show. It was the 20-year-anniversary-thing that convinced me to buy a ticket. Maybe there would be some surprises from the old days?

There weren’t……except that it was the best show I have seen them play in A LONG TIME. From the amazing opener Year Zero, to the final chords of Greener they had me hanging on to every note played. I think the jam parts are better than ever. Snah is turning into a guitar legend!! Never seen him play better!!! And Kenneth is amazing as well. I love his drumming and didn’t miss Geb for a second.

Of course if I could pick and choose they would have played a lot more of the old stuff, but even the new songs that I’ve struggeled to get into on record, got a new life in the live environment. So to everyone going to see them later on… Enjoy!!!

…………….and me and Motorpsycho are still a couple. See you next time!!!

PS(When will next time be? Thought I heard Bent say that it will be a long time before they play here again as he exited the stage!!??)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994