pfnuesel

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 224 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34446
    pfnuesel
    Participant
      Quote:
      (I just wonder if I wouldn't know and someone would tell me that's Kenneth on The Crucible… would I really doubt it? Do we really hear what we think we hear?)

Ah, would love to have some kind of double deaf study. I doubt you hear the difference as clear as you think.

in reply to: The Crucible reviews #34953
      pfnuesel
      Participant

Deepl doesn't understand "auf etwas pfeiffen" either. But I had much better results with this one than Google. Of course this will change when Google buys Deepl.

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34443
        pfnuesel
        Participant

Sorry, didn't got my copy yet. Must kill time.

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34441
          pfnuesel
          Participant

Bent looks a bit like the old lady on the cover of Demon Box. :mrgreen:

in reply to: The Crucible reviews #34948
            pfnuesel
            Participant

Please, if you translate from a common language to another one, use deepl.com, not Google Translate.

in reply to: The Crucible reviews #34926
              pfnuesel
              Participant

Well, they call it "das Land der Dichter und Denker", so I guess everyone wants to have a go at it. :P

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34393
                pfnuesel
                Participant

Very confused by the guitar solo.

in reply to: New Music #34742
                  pfnuesel
                  Participant

Rules are meant to be broken!

in reply to: New Music #34728
                    pfnuesel
                    Participant

Some crazy stuff you all are listening to… :P

in reply to: New Music #34727
                      pfnuesel
                      Participant

Nice! I'll listen to every recommendation here. Of course I already started with Amgala Temple, which has been mentioned before, and which I really, really like so far.

My favorite record from 2018 is Lush from Snail Mail. Female Singer/Songwriter, very catchy and dreamy stuff.

I gotta say I haven't heard many new records in the past years, and then mostly from bands I already knew before. I hope to change this with listening to the records mentioned here.

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34372
                        pfnuesel
                        Participant

Why nowadays has there to be a limited edition for every record that's hitting the market? :sigh:

in reply to: What song is better on record than live? #34687
                          pfnuesel
                          Participant
                            Quote:
                            Interestingly, while STG is one of their best live songs overall (the über-skronky '98 versions are off the chart great!), the impact of the main riff when it appears after the intro is never as great as on record. Probably to do with dynamics and how the PA and amps just can't deliver the punch in the same way in a live setting.

Very good observation. I always felt the same way about STG, but until now I couldn't put my finger on it. Now I can. :-) Maybe something similar could be said about Sinful, Wind-borne, but I haven't heard this one live for a while now.

in reply to: trondheim – 2018-12-14 #34697
                            pfnuesel
                            Participant

What's "X Time"? Or rather, what would it have been, if it would have been played?

in reply to: What song is better on record than live? #34684
                              pfnuesel
                              Participant

The song I had in mind when starting this thread was: Plan #1. I absolutely love this song, but whenever I heard it live recently, it didn't reach that perfection. And the live versions didn't make up for it with jammy midsections or other outstanding incidents. Though I'm sure, over the years, there have been some marvelous and far out versions of this song.

in reply to: What song is better on record than live? #34667
                                pfnuesel
                                Participant

I think Little Ricky Massenburg is a masterpiece, both live and on record. As far as I remember they didn't differ that much, or did they? What if? on the other hand… never understood why this one made the cut for the record.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 224 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994