BillyPilgrim

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12122

Well, I wore my ear buds as always, and the sound wasn’t the problem for me. I just couldn’t get into what they were trying to do. I spoke to a few people after the show, and the feedback varied from total disaster to complete bliss. So I guess this was something that really divides people down to the middle.

in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12120

I also attended the concert at Verkstedhallen in Trondheim, and I was extremely disappointed. Whatever little cool bits Motorpsycho tried to pull off, Supersilent thoroughly massacred with ill-fitting noises and passages that simply broke down all hope of a working tension. It’s interesting that people can experience the same gig so drastically different, ’cause I wanted to walk out several times. I’m a big fan of Motorpsycho’s seemingly neverending jams that start slow and build up towards an amazing climax, and I felt I got nothing of the sort. A waste of time and money, really.

in reply to: Cosiest song #15826

My vote goes to My Best Friend, together with The Ozzylot. Wish fulfillment…hidden in a giiiiiirl.

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO TOUR – MAY 2010 #14392

Yay, another gig at Verkstedhallen! Thouroughly enjoyed the one two weeks ago, and it’ll be nice to hear the (hopefully) amazing new tunes there in March.

in reply to: NRK P3 – Decade’s best song #15732

Why the hate for Neverland? It’s a great song. Btw, I forgot Carousel on my list, as well as Serpentine.

in reply to: NRK P3 – Decade’s best song #15729

Voted for MP, even though they have loads of other songs that are way better, for instance:

My best friend

Hyena

Before The Flood

Cornucopia

Ozzylot

Year Zero

Go To California

For Free

Dr. Hoffman’s Bicycle

I’m probably forgetting a ton.

in reply to: January new album!!! #14770

Don’t care much for the cover, which is a great sign imo. I’ve never really enjoyed a Motorpsycho artwork, maybe except Mountain/Another Ugly. The worse the cover, the better the album (Demon Box, Angels And Daemons, Blissard)

in reply to: Favourite album poll (again) #14032

Huh, talk about a near impossible task..anyway, here goes.

Trust Us

Phanerothyme

Angels And Daemons

Let Them Eat Cake

Black Hole/Blank Canvas

Timothy’s Monster

Blissard

Demon Box

Child of The Future

Little Lucid Moments

It’s A Love Cult

Barracuda

8 Soothing Songs

Lobotomizer

in reply to: Trondheim 18.11.2009 #15537

Excellent gig, as always. Verkstedhallen was a nice addition to ‘places where I’ve seen Motorpsycho live’, and the setlist was probably the best one I’ve experienced live so far. Taifun and The Golden Core rocked my soul, as did Sinful and Like Always. And a big face palm slap to myself for not recognising Wishing Well, I must be getting old.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994