ijustpop

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 23.09.23 – Verkstedhallen, Trondheim #41807
    ijustpop
    Participant

ZomZom82 “…together they just form a sort of grey mass of behemoths which in comparison to the earlier monsters sounds cramped, overwritten, an yes … a bit wanky.”

To me this is pretty accurate description of 85-90% of MPs output the last 20+ years. After the second round of Tussler-gigs in 2003(?) it went downhill and with only the occasional glimpse of brilliance. The Tower sounded fresh when it was released. I’ved liked some of the gigs and records, but it’s har to pinpoint highlights. From a broad perspective, most of the last 20 years have sounded the same. Very little variation in quality, mood and energy. Grey sameness indeed. Not all bad, but very few songs or albums or tours stand out for me.

ijustpop
      Participant

Yes, too late. I've already traded my tickets for Tuesday.

in reply to: 2018-09-26 Kolben, Kolbotn #33602
        ijustpop
        Participant

Go to California was on the list, but was crossed out in favour of The tower. Hate GOT (the start of the downfall), but at that point it would have been a nice break from all The Tower songs.

in reply to: 2018-09-26 Kolben, Kolbotn #33600
          ijustpop
          Participant

The venue ran out of beer!

Besides that a great gig. The setlist a little too heavy on the heavy Tower stuff, but with some really nice songs from the golden era.

Good sound too. Less bass, more vocals (really high in the mix)and a lot of Snah and Lars.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32360
            ijustpop
            Participant

2 spare tickets for the Kolbotn gig for sale at a discount.

300 for the pair (150 NOK each)

Tlf 99625717

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33521
              ijustpop
              Participant

Trio gigs? Anyone know?

in reply to: More TITS? #33419
                ijustpop
                Participant

That August 2003 Tussler gig at Rockefeller is one of the best MP gigs I've seen. 3 1/2 hours long if I remeber correctly. Loads of covers, good times and great gusts. The band was expanded too. Martin Hagfors, anyone else remember who else?

Perfect Roadwork release.

Was the SoWhat-gig the same year?

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32296
                  ijustpop
                  Participant

New tour date:

26.September Kolbotn, Kolben Kulturhus.

SMALL VENUE. Looked like 130 -140 seats from the seating chart. Tickets went on sale on Tuesday I think. Still tickets left this morning. 15 minute train ride from Oslo.

in reply to: Poll: How many shows have you attended? #31340
                    ijustpop
                    Participant

Answered 30-34, but I'm not quite sure. Think I counted around ten years ago and it was around 30. Thinking about it know I might have just passed 35.

First one was in April 99.

in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30782
                      ijustpop
                      Participant

Yeah, Thomas had an annoying rattling in his snare drum.

in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30781
                        ijustpop
                        Participant

Regarding the 20min intermission after Un Chien: I loved it, but I degree that Manmower suffered from it. They need tonplay anlonger song AS 1st song after the break. Starting with Inteepid Explorer and them Manmover would have breen better.

And regarding the show being an all out attack fest: I partially agree (The Tower songs are HEAVY) and after Geb every MP show I've seen have been like that – at least the Rockefeller + varous Østlandet-gigs. I didn't see any of the Blissard-gigs with Reine Fisk which probably was a big mistake.

(I keep forgetting that TM-show at Øya which made me cry and the great Demon Box thing at Høvikodden).

Don't think I'll bother with another Rockefeller show unless they do a Trust Us redux tour or something.

I sat dead center on the 4th row and didn't hear any of that Bent-at-Rockefeller-bassrumble that drownes all nuances.

in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30777
                          ijustpop
                          Participant

Loved heaRING Manmover and Upstairs/Downstaira fleshed out. Missed another guitarist, especially on Lacuna where Snah played his solo (poorly?) over the quiet parts. Best thing about this show was the seated venue. Very very quiet audience (Saturday night??) and a room + PA which lends itself to lower volumes. The low volume dynamics and details of the sound was miles and miles better than anything I've heard at an MP-show before. They need to come back and explore/take advantage of this again! And for the umptenth time I was boken away by the tightness and TRØKK from the three guys on stage (and the stummende is new!!)

in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30775
                            ijustpop
                            Participant

Context: seen 35 MP gigs. Not so many in the past 10 years. I like parts of LLM, HBM and The Tower is still good two weeks in. Except the Opera shows and Tussler gigs, it's the best I've seen in 15 years. ( regarding HBM: Just Bent on keys +Maybe Thomas?)

Liked the setlist. Would of course have liked more oldies, but I knew what to Expert. Loved the kamming middel of Un Chien – completely New to me. Great Heartattack Mac which made me want to hear Black to Comm. A shame they disn't play ASFE which is growing from a decent single to a great song.

in reply to: The Tower #30514
                              ijustpop
                              Participant

Those of you who pre-ordered from Rune Grammofon, have you recieved your records yet?

in reply to: Italy Prog Fest 01Sep17 Setlist #30671
                                ijustpop
                                Participant

Horrible horrible setlist. Less than a handful decent songs on the setlist and they drop two of them. Then they end the show with the most dreadful (MP) song ever. I'm selling my Oslo Konserthuset tickets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994