Grimr

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: X-3 / Boinganoid 7" #19567

Thanks for posting this, TAF. I have heard these, but not very often because they're obviously not on my i-pod (wish I knew how to get them on there!). Love that crazy, relentless riffing in Boinganoid!

in reply to: rw4 #19121

I'm quite sure Kenneth sings on Bomb-proof as well – I can hear three voices in there at times too.

Also, is it me, or is the version of Wishing Well on 'Skronk' better than the version on Starmelt?

I personally love the version of Landslide. Phanerothyme is a great album, and I love the orchestral arrangements on the songs. But the version on RW4 is a thing of beauty. And I love the funky interplay between Bent's bass and Snah's guitar in the jammy middle section. I'm glad that an album like Phanerothyme is represented on this album, an album which was always going to be a prog-psychedelic mega-jam fest.

"Kick out the marmalades, motherf

r!"

in reply to: rw4 #19088

I have been fearlessly skronking all day. Better than I expected (and I expected it to be good!) If Snah is the guitar god then Bent is the bass god. His bass playing is awesome on this record…and I don't use that word lightly.

in reply to: rw4 #19043

And one of those packages is on its way to me! Hurrah! :D

in reply to: UK finally motorconquered? #19499

Classic Rock published a very positive review of MPs November London Borderline gig in a recent issue, which I transcribed for this forum a few weeks ago. All of which is why they guys should hit the UK again this year (please?)!!

in reply to: 10.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen (NOR) #19402

Magical!

in reply to: 11.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen, Norway #19408

Wow. That IS intimate!

in reply to: rw4 #18919

6 tracks, 2LP….wow, that's some serious jammin'!!

in reply to: rw4 #18910

Hmmm. Love the jams, but would also love as many songs as possible…triple vinyl, 15 songs? Good compromise?

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18515

Still no UK date(s). :cry:

One lives in hope.

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18461
    Quote:
    Between 1996 and 2002 they played for (almost) five consecutive years in London. If they were to profit from the promo effect of the recent show at Borderline they'd better follow up with another show soon

Thanks, Fillmore. Great set lists!

Let's hope the Borderline gig was the start of another five year run. :cheers:

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18457

I suppose another UK gig is out of the question (given that it was eight years between the last two!)

in reply to: if you could make an Motorpsycho Anthology album #18160

I am probably a bit late to join in this one, but I am a fairly new member.

My anthology would look pretty similar to those above, with one notable addition – 'Painting The Night Unreal'. One of my faves and a MP masterpiece. :-)

in reply to: HMF voted second best Norwegian album of 2010 #18662

Who is Lars Vaular? Is he any good?

in reply to: London-gigs #17809

Thanks, Tomcat. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994