25-04-2012 – Bloom – Mezzago (IT)

Home Forums General 25-04-2012 – Bloom – Mezzago (IT)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Paolize
    Participant

Setlist:

– TDDU

– Cornucopia / Go To California

– Greener

– Feel

– Taifun

– Mountain

– The Wheel

– Starhammer

– Nothing To Say

Probably best MP concert I've ever seen…

I'm just back home from the gig…

It was fucking awesome.

Did't expect so many songs after TDDU!!

Around 180min of pleasure, and I was in the first line! I'm almost deaf!

TAF
      Participant

Seriously? 8 encores?!

Guess they've heeded the people complaining that the TDDU shows are shorter than "regular" MP gigs. :P

Wow, there are faster people than me.

The usual velvet-glove treatment for us italians:

TDDU – 87 minutes

10 minutes break

ENCORES – 50 minutes.

The Wheel was only the first part, so it's a sort of coitus interruptus.

Go to California was just a singing insert on the Cornucopia groove, a sort of joke.

Taifun was HUGE!

I wouldn't say the best concert I've attended (I've attended 28 anyway!), but surely a surprising night, reading the previous setlists!

A side note: around me (I was in 2nd row) I saw more people singing Starhammer than Taifun… am I getting THAT old???

I suppose the guys love the Bloom, where they played a lot of times (at least 5) in the beginning of their career. They haven't played since 1998, when there was some big issues about tickets booking (lots of people couldn't get in, even with the ticket in hand).

Gotta go to sleep now.

Great King Rat
        Participant

– Greener

– Feel

– Taifun

– Mountain

– The Wheel

8O

Tomcat
          Participant

Wow, now that is a special treat! Looks like a memorable night 8O

Amazing to see so many encores, but I'd be dead angry if I had a ticket and were not let in (what the heck?)

Quote:
            I saw more people singing Starhammer than Taifun… am I getting THAT old???

:lol:

best line in any of the unicorn-related reviews!

fillmore
            Participant

Wow. Even with an intermission, cool! They played Bloom each year between 1993 and 1999 — seven times! What a return!

Wow! That's amazing. You lucky italians :)

Elvin
              Participant

Damn, I feel sort of ripped off after "only" getting mountain and burn as encores.

Lucky Italians indeed

The gig was really awesome!I was in the second row on the right..The band was very inspired and TDDU live is definitely a psychedelic marvellous trip. My favourite were the versions of Proteus-A prayer and Proteus- A Lament…very dark and deep versions. After the break started a new concert then…If possible, more energetic than the 1st part…2,45 hours of beauty!Perhaps the best MP's concert I've ever seen (and I started to see them live in Italy more twelve years ago).

otherdemon
                Participant

Wow, by far the best setlist of this TDDU tour! I'm guessing the guys were in nostalgia mood because of revisting good old Bloom…

Hope you Italians had a great time :lol:

The Other Anders
                  Participant

How cliché.

v1

Great time yesterday, great album, great band, Stale is another semi-god so they look on the stage like four happy great friends having fun and willing to do their job better than yesterday and worse than tomorrow )

Thanks to Casale and friends for picking me up monday morning and drive through half-Italy to see the three gigs, now I'm quite Unicorn-addicted.

They're trying new things everyday, and also their goal is to concentrate the new album doing it a little quicker than on the disc, without long quiet moments, and a wonderful thing is how the audience appreciates the new disc, they're quite able to shut up during the whole concert! :mrgreen:

Yesterday was a fantastic night, I cannot tell if it was the best gig ever, just because I always left with my biggest smile every of the 117 times I saw then so far…

But I also realized few minutes ago that after the concert Kenneth went to the van with his bags, my car was parked there so I asked him to sign my car.

That's how an anonymous white Fiat Punto became the first Fiat Punto Kenneth :cheers:But now I need an alarm…

cheers everybody, go to the concerts, they deserve it and you deserve to gaze Into the Mystic with them :mrgreen:

v1

Sorry, I saw them only 17 times! :mrgreen: :smoke: :MPD:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994