04.05.2013: Dachstock, Bern

Home Forums General 04.05.2013: Dachstock, Bern

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    pfnuesel
    Participant

Anyone up for a beer at the venue before the concert? I will pay a round to anyone who brings an eggplant.

pfnuesel
      Participant

photoqjr.jpg

Go to California in Satan and Hogwash as a second encore. 2h45. Oh, and some arrows misssing, there were hardly any breaks.

GREAT SHOW great venue. thanks

as stated hardly any breaks at all. long jam at the end of hell and great space outs in fools gold, arne hassle and hogwash. great venue, great sound.

2h45m

p.s: reine fiske did an outstanding job. by far my favorite addition besides the usual suspects.

supernaut
        Participant

Overall a very energetic, rocking set. Watersound, Bedroom Eyes and Upstairs/Downstairs were the soft moments. It wasn't all too spacey this time with the exception of Arne. Ãœberwagner/Pilgrim was amazing. I don't know neither Wishbone Ash nor that song. I would have guessed it's a lost King Crimson thingy. The interplay of bass, drums and guitars is just jawdropping. When they rocked out, say in August, Ratcatcher or Cornucopia (that riff! that riff!), it was sheer bliss. Tight but wild, out there but in total control. I love how they are not afraid of letting it rip. No rules of "cool" here. No dos no don'ts. No fear no mercy no compromise. Fool's Gold was HUGE, from a little ditty on Blissard into this big emotional number with boomy Moog notes and nice lighting choreograpy with those living room lamps. Not quite The Golden Vortex but as close as it got this evening and quite a highlight. Sinful & Drug Thing were a blast. Took me right back in time. And how energetic those were. These guys rock better than ever. Halleluwah was played in Hogwash, but only snippety. Bassline and the guitar melody, no singing. Venue music already started when the boys decided to do that one as another encore. Nice. The new songs are so much more intense than on record. Barleycorn, which I liked a lot already, got much bigger.

No chien, no STG, though. I thought these were guaranteed this time.

I really liked the double lead guitar parts,Reine and Snah improvising together. They perfectly contrasted in sound (Reine with that typical cold and itchy strat sound, Snah just warm and buttery) and what and how they played, without getting in each others ways. It was not this Deep Purple-like firing lines back and forth but more this communal westcoast noodling, made me think at some points even of Jerry/Bob, but with a mean and tight heavy riffing rhythm section backing them up. A truly enjoyable performance. Overall a lot of classic rock moments.

My Highlight was Satan>Fools Gold though. A real trip back into earlier albums, but with a kinda new feel to it.

motorpsycho, what else.

great show, great flow of the show.

my 3 motorpsycho concert, the other 2 are way back in time 1993 + 1997 at roskilde-festival in denmark, when i was young (okay, still i am young, 53 this year).

great to hear there music live, it's much more space-rocking then on the cd's.

i think the guys had a lot off fun on the stage, as we have in the audience.

by the way, the recording sounds great

This evening was unbelieveble…

WHAT A CRYSTAL CLEAR PERFECT SOUND!!! Never heared befor over all these years!

In Dharmstadt Bent asked: That was fun, whasnt it!? And yea that was fun, but yesterday evening was a miracle!!! It was a Milestone!!! After all thes time, they are rocking to a new age of musichistery!

But of course, there was playing GOD and his Band!!! :)

After all these years now of traveling to a lot of concerts of theses guys, i woud say that this was a new peak!!! For me 10meters over the top of Mount Everest! These Guys are still in a steeply rising course, and this after 24Years!!! What a progression!!!

Congratulation to the Best ROCK ACT on our Planet!!!

Maximum RESPECT!!!

In biggest honor our Tom

pfnuesel
          Participant

I've read it many times lately but when reading it, I always said to myself: "Guys, surely you just forgot how great the good ol' times were." But now I'm saying it myself: This was one of the best shows I've ever seen!

supernaut
            Participant

I've seen them close to 20 times since 1996 and I feel very sorry for those (and i know a few) who stopped going to see them more than ten years ago because of "ah nowadays is just bla bla and demon box and timmy were blabla…". I did watch the 2002 show from the Haircuts DVD today though and yes, that one surely isn't less impressive than todays shows. But the experience today is just as great as it ever was. And there's all the new music that is really just as grand as anything they've ever done, which is the most impressive fact of all.

GBD
              Participant

I spun the Eggplant again today. It really is a great album!

Seeing these setlists and knowing i won't be a part of this greatness, is really sad.

But atleast i get to see them perform Blissard in august. Can easily be one hell of a concert!

amazing show… thanks ! :=)

Nothing to say.. more!

setlistq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

still recovering from yesterdays show. i'm truly impressed. this was one of the best motorpsycho shows i've ever seen (yesterday was my 53rd show since 1993). don't get fooled by the setlist as un chien, taifun or s.t.g. were missing which were previously played on this tour. this show just had a perfect flow and a good balance between straight ahead rock and spacy jams.

@dave: sounds like you made a recording, that's great to know! please share at motortrades, thx in advance :-)

Yep, with all their long year experience and work ethic they only can get better musicians… respect the old days and be open to what happens now…

boomer former helm
                Participant

word!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994