05.03.11 Rockefeller, Oslo, space cadet glow!

Home Forums General 05.03.11 Rockefeller, Oslo, space cadet glow!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    otherdemon
    Participant
      Quote:
      I must admit "Close your eyes" didn't really blow me away. Pretty doomy, yes, but not a towering psychedelic highlight — at least not on YouTube (cannot be compared to live anway).

For me, this was the song where Bent's heavy-as-fuck bass-sound really worked to its advantage imho. Together with Snah's autumn 2002 midjam riff, it became a really trance-inducing number. But I can understand that feeling didn't come quite across on the Youtube-clip…

And besides, these are the kind of re-interpretations MP have become famous for, no? Taking an innocent piano-ballad and stretching it out to a 15 minute drone-monster, that's like classic MP there.

Anyway, good luck to you guys/girls seeing them in Bergen/Stord later this week :D

Devotional
      Participant
        Quote:
        I for one wouldn't mind a torrent with all the videos from this show – perhaps joined together into a home-made, multi-camera production.

That would be nice. We'll see what other footage pops up, but I'm at least hoping for a better sound source.

Quote:
        It must have been one long moment of baffled-excitement for the beginning of "Close your Eyes", when you were not aware what they're doing there – don't we love it so much when they're doing this?!

Exactly! At first I thought that maybe it was a rework of "Upstairs-Downstairs". :)

Quote:
        I must admit "Close your eyes" didn't really blow me away. Pretty doomy, yes, but not a towering psychedelic highlight — at least not on YouTube (cannot be compared to live anway).

It certainly doesn't pack the same punch on video. The sound just doesn't do it justice. Thought of bringing a Zoom as well, but figured it would be too much hassle. And why, oh why doesn't NRK record concerts at Rockefeller anymore?

Devotional
        Participant
          Quote:
          Well if you're taking requests, Neanderthal and Leslies Vest would be sweet.

Sure! Here's "Leslie's Vest". :)

Interesting that Bent says "Here comes an old, old new song…", and then he introduces it as "On a Plate" (?).

otherdemon
          Participant

Yeah, I also thought that he said it was called "On A Plate". And according to your video, that's the title…

According to Dampsaba, the boys played a song called On A Plate 4 times in 1991. So it would be hilarious if they resurrected that old song (even though nobody has heard/or remembers the original)

Right, when playing in Tønsberg Bent said before they played Leslie's Vest that , this is a song we started on in 91 and rediscovered and finished in 2001.

He also mentioned that it had another title and that could very well be "On A Plate".

TAF
            Participant

Excellent video again! But… I'm a bit confused. Surely this song (On a Plate) is the same as the "Du du du du" thing from the London gig and NOT Leslie's Vest?

And the other title for Leslie's Vest, could it possibly be Neanderthal?

Devotional
              Participant
                Quote:
                Right, when playing in Tønsberg Bent said before they played Leslie's Vest that , this is a song we started on in 91 and rediscovered and finished in 2001.

He also mentioned that it had another title and that could very well be "On A Plate".

Really interesting info there, but that's also just about the only thing that makes sense in this puzzle. Because…

Quote:
                Surely this song (On a Plate) is the same as the "Du du du du" thing from the London gig and NOT Leslie's Vest?

Well… Yes, but we're going from Bent's setlist here, which clearly states "Leslie's Vest" as the second song. Maybe they're trying to confuse us on purpose?

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                Participant

just compare the london bootleg with this one…i would but i can't right now :-)

Hyena
                  Participant

They clearly changed Du du du du to Leslie's Vest, and Leslie's Vest to Neanderthal for some reason. Maybe just for the hell of it…

Rune
                    Participant

Fantastic version of Close Your Eyes!! Thank you very much for filming and sharing.

Love it!

boomer former helm
                      Participant

wow, what a fucking great song is leslies vest… :twisted:

Elvin
                        Participant

Any chance you can post your version of "Neanderthal" too, Devotional? Liked that song a lot!

TAF
                          Participant

Yeah, Neanderthal would be a treat! :D

Tomcat
                            Participant

Devotional, did you already try to grab audios of your camera? Just had one of your clips through my TV and pretty much liked the good sound: astounding quality!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994