06/05/2016 Fribourg, Fri-Son

Home Forums General 06/05/2016 Fribourg, Fri-Son

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

Big Black Dog

Un Chien d'Espace

Blueberry Daydream

Lacuna Sunrise

The Alchemyst

Running with Scissors

IMS

Spin

Upstairs & Downstairs

Cloudwalker

Superstooge

Junior

Through The Veil

Feedtime

Here Be Monsters

Not completely sure about running order around Cloudwalker but it was spectacular. After Junior I expected Feedtime but Snah played something strange, then familiar, then realisation "ah! The veil! Just as fine for me". Halfway through the veil I thought I still wouldn't mind Feedtime and they DID play it and HOW! What a monster! Un Chien was completely insane. When the seemingly endless build up (where did all these sounds come from?) finally broke back down I seriously had to find myself and my whereabouts. There was a wtf moment in HBM2 when Snah turned back from the Hohner thingy to guitar, something with the tonal shift and the lighting was such a supercool brilliant moment out there. Like a pole shift. The room seemed to turn to the left. And nope, I was all sober. Must check this on the record.

Great King Rat
      Participant

Blueberry Daydream! 8O Great! How was it? Surely not purely acoustical…

BBD and Un Chien as the first two songs again, that's one hell of a way to open a concert! Would love to see that in Oldenburg.

pfnuesel
        Participant

20160507_004035.jpg

20160507_004012.jpg

Feedtime not on setlist but played at the end of the main set. Running time: 2h54m

The first three songs were absolutely fantastic.

Spacebandit
          Participant

Yes, this setlist looks really impressive. Really "Through the veil" in between the routine

of Jr->Feedtime? Ok, the madness of BBD->Unchain the space started already in Wiesbaden the

day before, but also my beloved Cloudwalker into Superstooge. Blueberry seems unreal though

you'll never know what to expect or what you get from the Trondheim Boys.

Hope they have as good weather in Bella Italia as we have over here now. 25+ sunshine…

pfnuesel
            Participant

Is it the first time they played a unicorn song without Ståle Storløkken?

boomer former helm
              Participant

no, they played through the veil several times as trio.

Spacebandit
                Participant

…and ENTROPY was a regular on the setlist last year…as before with Reine in 2013…

somehow I think a few of the "new" tracks developed from that kind of feeling…

supernaut
                  Participant

Blueberry started quite like the original, clean electric guitars instead of acoustics though. At some point Kenneth joined in and it became a light rocker with a 2002/RWIII feel maybe?

BBD/Chien…. What band writes songs like these? And turbocharges them live? And if so, doesn't shy away from starting a set with them, i.e. "giving away the madness" right at the start? Fucking incredible and untoppable. Must have been a 45mins combo to start with. I've seen them 20+ times in 20 years, but they still top any previous experience. Trancecendant (?) it was last night. Right through till HBM2. Speechless still.

Unbelieveble insane Show!!! What a Hellride

supernaut
                    Participant

I'm going to burn me a CD with studio versions of this set.

supernaut
                      Participant

…because …there were no tapers?

Hi !!!

any pics of the show ? It was so great, as usual !

Got 3. How to post???

Ich bin kein Kompiuter… ;-)

Intresting update on homepage…

supernaut
                        Participant

Du musst die Bilder sonstwo raufladen (Photobucket odersowas) und dann deren URL hier mit dem IMG Button verlinken.

Direkt ins Forum raufladen geht glaubs nicht…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994