12.04.12 The Garage, London

Home Forums General 12.04.12 The Garage, London

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    AJ

I still can't believe the jacket throwing muppet casually walked over to the bouncer at the end and got his jacket back. No words were spoken, no punishment for ending everyones evening early, just 'here's your coat'

Disgusting.

supernaut
      Participant

i find it weird that smokers get thrown out but not chatters.

(and i don't smoke)

Chatters, however annoying, don't break any laws so there's not much security can do.

Very sorry to hear about these problems!

You're right chatters don't break any rules but their name isn't printed on the ticket and that's who I paid to hear. :cheers:

Here's the asshole performance. I suppose he's the guy who tumbles down at 0:17…

http://youtu.be/tBUS7ibjrBg

Yep. That's him. As you can see, it was going great up to that point. The audience were just stunned at the end. I know I was.

otherdemon
        Participant

Focusing on something more positive in that vid: Looks like there was a decent crowd attending the gig? Anyone wanna guess how many?

As for the leather jacket incident: :evil:

supernaut
          Participant

Well at least he threw it during the very last song….

I find it a bit strange to applaud the fact that the smoker got thrown out. I mean, not soooo long ago that would never have been an issue. A development I find a bit worrying. And – as written before – myself I don't smoke and of course I enjoy a smokeless room, too. But laws, rules, blame and guilt and fingerpointing creeping up everywhere: not good.

"Focusing on something more positive in that vid: Looks like there was a decent crowd attending the gig? Anyone wanna guess how many?"

The Garage is only a small venue – capacity about 600 or so, and while it wasn't sold out, there was a good few hundred there, I'd guess.

ThorEgil
            Participant

There are idiots everywhere, also in Norway. David Bowie was hit by a lolipop in the eye during a concert in Oslo some years ago Dagbladet.no

Managed to catch 'Into The Gyre' on my phone (sorry it's a bit shaky). You can view it here – http://youtu.be/KxkL3WfqX7M

Tomcat
              Participant

A few hundred people in London is great I think since mp do not have a label or tour support in the UK.

Otherwise society should have talkers and brutes be thrown out or at least officially complimented to the back. I prefer people being high than drunk – alcohol makes people chatty and rude!

Yeah, I was hoping for a decent turn out, and I think it was pretty good. Would have liked even more though.

Anyone know the band's policy on Youtube footage? I filmed 11 or 12 tracks from the gig, and generally post on Youtube, but not without consent.

I get great sound from my camera.

So, anyone?

There are many, many videos on youtube including some in very high qualiity so i m sure the band is fine with it.

Would love to see your vids!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994