13.10.2023 NL Utrecht – Tivoli Vredenburg

Home Forums General 13.10.2023 NL Utrecht – Tivoli Vredenburg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

Edith Patterns
      Time 2 Skate
      Stardust
      Sunchild
      Feel
      —–
      Chariot
      Year 0
      Hotel Delirium
      The ladder
      Magic & Wonder
      The Tower
      Empires End
      Up Downstairs
      Superstooge
      Starhamster
      Inside Looking Out
      —-
      August
      Rock Bottom

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Tommy.
      • This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Tommy.
      Krist Rampage
      Participant

Awesome setlist! How was The Ladder?

hogw
        Participant

Yes! zero 0, the ladder & empires end!
          Incredible indeed! :yahoo:

Blashyrkh
          Participant

There’s an error in the setlist above. The first acoustic song was Patterns.

JERO
            Participant

yes, patterns, beautifully sung by Snah. Hans Magnus was in great form anyway, tonight. After all the years, still the creativity in this band (all 3 of them), amazing joy to witness. My wife (not a rockchick, mind you) withstood the decibels and said with a big smile on her face: Ï wasn’t bored for one second!” The heavy skrunkpunkfunk of Superstooge, wow!Chariot of the sun mesmerizing, Year Zero again starring Snah singing it in a much more loose and jazzy way, many many highlights. I saw somebody filming the concert (our man from Belgium???) Life is good, with Hedon tomorrow, and I’m pretty sure the Bro & me will be standing on the left side, in front :stg: . Oh, and don’t worry about the new drummmer (“son of Gebhart”!), lol

Rats Nest
              Participant

Year 0 <3

:mp:

boomer former helm
                Participant

Incredible setlist. And wow, “The Ladder”, i love that song. I might have legitimate hopes for “Mona Lisa/Azrael” later on the tour then!

Tomcat
                  Participant

Great sound and views @Pandora in an otherwise weird and confusing building.

Highlights: Soopastooge (Jam), Empires End and The Tower which were all on the personal “wishist” plus Stardust and Sunchild. First Year Zero with Ingvald ❤️ Next stop lovely Zwolle.

The Other Anders
                    Participant

After the great concert in Tilburg the night before I have now arrived in Utrecht at Tivoli Vredenburg. This is where I saw my last concert with Geb back in 2004. I remember a special room with steep levels/stairs all around so that you can see really well from everywhere. It is intimate in the same way as Schlachthof in Bremen.

My fortune of once having been there combined with Bernie’s videos put me right back in the room, and this time we get an even closer look at the drummer through a neatly placed camera on the cymbal stand right in front of him.

In 2004 they ended with Loaded, as rare a tune back then as it would be today. Now, what’s in the bag for us tonight?
                      Yet again I use Francesco’s recording for the songs that are not on video:

Patterns (sound)
                      Now It’s Time To Skate (sound)
                      Stardust (video)
                      Sunchild (video)
                      Feel (video)

Chariot of the Sun (video)
                      Year Zero (sound)
                      Hotel Daedalus (video)
                      The Ladder (video)
                      The Magic & The Wonder (video)
                      The Tower (video)
                      At Empire’s End (video)
                      Upstairs/Downstairs (sound)
                      Superstooge (video)
                      Starhammer (video)
                      Inside Looking Out (video)

August (video)
                      Rock Bottom (sound)

The acoustic set contains a rare Stardust, only performed twice on this tour. The first being with Olaf in Halden, making this not only the only with Ingvald, but also the only recording we have of it from 2023. It was high up on my wishlist, and it’s a bonus that we now even have it on video.

Chariots contains a section with prerecorded(?) rythm patterns started and and stopped by Ingvald on one of his devices, it seems. Is this what the concerts in India might have sounded like?

Singing has been fine so far this night, but in an otherwise good Daedalus they go seriously out of tune, the song ends a bit messy. Anyway, it’s live and part of the charm!

The Ladder gets its tour debut, the first of only three performances.

No lacuna tonight, but no worries, the skronk is still with us, this time inside The Tower.

At Empire’s End has Ingvald adding a beautiful little solo on keys.

A short and effective Superstooge reaches a quick climax ended by Bent on maracas(!). Big smiles all around.

Starhammer has the quiet part with the singing brought back, like on the record. The jam is massive, and has a great buildup and bridge before the last verse.

The last three songs are all covers, great fun and a fitting end to yet another tasty set, a bit more hardrocking than the more mellow night before.

And compared to 2004? Well, as JERO said: “the son of Gebhardt”!. I think it sums it up perfectly.

fillmore
                      Participant

Bent on maracas!? Thanks for the review. Really curious how you will like the magnificent Zwolle gig…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994