15-05-2019 Hotel Cecil, Copenhagen, DK

Home Forums Setlists 15-05-2019 Hotel Cecil, Copenhagen, DK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    The Other Anders
    Participant

– Ãœber/Pilgrim

– Other Fool

> Master Builder*

> Alchemyst

– Ship

> Feel

– Pacific

> Cuckoo

– Cruicible

– P-Tzar

> 577

– Tower > Victim > spaceout > Tower

РLux ̠

2,5 hours

*Gong

An endless tsunami of highlights…

boomer former helm
      Participant

wow :MPD: really looking forward tonight.

Punj Lizard
        Participant

@Anders – Thanks for the setlist. Glad you had a great show.

@boomer – Have a good night tonight.

fillmore
          Participant

What Anders said! Motorpsycho indeed unleashed a tsunami of highlights. An intimate show with an estimated crowd of 200 in an excellent venue. Dedicated audience. Early on, when they modulated that insane Gong piece for 10 minutes and no-one knew what was going on, that's the type of magic we're chasing. "The Other Fool" was sweet and touching, lyrics were altered to "let's get some weed and chill out to…Moby Grape". A night with a lot of input in beautiful Copenhagen. Bring on Hamburg!

Punj Lizard
            Participant
              Quote:
              Early on, when they modulated that insane Gong piece for 10 minutes and no-one knew what was going on, that's the type of magic we're chasing.

@fillmore – I sent this quote to my friends who are going to see Gong tomorrow instead of going to see Motorpsycho. :D

fillmore
              Participant

Recording was uploaded to Dime two hours ago :-)

Now let's drool over "Glorious Om Riff" !!!

grindove
                Participant

Absolutely worth the trip from Stockholm! Impressed, as always. Every song may not be among my favorites. For instance, I've never loved "Ãœberwagner" or "The alchemyst", but damn, they play so well and keep these interesting. Great! Lowpoint for me was "Feel" and first half of "Pacific". Highlights: "The other fool", "Ship of fools", second half of "Pacific", "577", "The tower" and all three songs from "The crucible". Woohoo! Highlights within the highlights: "Hell, part 7" inside "The tower" was brilliant, and Reine joining Snah for dual guitar leads in "Psychotzar" was just marvellous!

My friend, witnessing Mp for the first time, also liked the show very much, pointing out how much the musicians seemed to actually enjoy doing what they did.

There are a few songs I envy some of you for having ("PPPP", "Year 0", "The promise"), but there's no other complete setlist from this tour so far that I wish I had experienced instead of what I got (well, MAYBE Lausanne, with both "H-Mac" and "Mountain").

At the very moment I thought about getting something to drink, but didn't want to miss another minute of the show, a friendly man with hat handed me a beer. If you're here: thanks a lot! It was perfect! Hope I can do the same for you in the future.

A few unspectacular pix:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grindove/albums/72157708746102291

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994