2016 audience recordings – suggestions?

Home Forums General 2016 audience recordings – suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

While I have a good upload/download ratio on Dimeadozen I'd like to download a few audience recordings from 2016. There are a number available on Dime. Any suggestions on which ones I should grab?

otherdemon
      Participant

Personally I would recommend Wiesbaden or Oldenburg.

They're probably most representative of the tour as a whole,

if you're just going to download one or two recordings.

Especially the Big Black Dog/Un Chien 45 minute opening of the

Wiesbaden gig is sublime…

Tomcat
        Participant

Both shows are extra special, Oldenburg (Spacebandit source) and Wiesbaden (Biddie source) РWiesbaden was when the setlists finally got "crazy". Until then they were more or less the same and you may download K̦ln/Stollwerck as well to get a glimpse of how they sounded on a hot night before that "change" (great sound and you know the place ;-) )

Juergen
          Participant

There are We're havin' freeloader days from Dec 24, 2017, 00:00 UTC, until Jan 1, 2018, 00:00 UTC on dimeadozen. You can download everything which you want and it will not spoil your ratio.

There are sometimes no seeders on 2016 Motorpsycho recordings. I will look if there is a demand for a reseed and I can help seeding.

The Other Anders
            Participant

Punj Lizard: I love that you started out a few months ago, you've already bought most of the vast back catalogue, you've seen a couple of gigs – even traveled for one – and now you're digging into the audience recordings. What a ride you must have!

I myself am on a huge MP re-(dis)covery trip for the time being, filling holes in both the back catalogue and the audience recording collection as well as seeing more concerts again.

I have only heard Wiesbaden from the 2016 tour, and it is mind-blowing. Your timing for this thread is perfect. Having completed the 2017 tour recordings, I was just about to dig into 2016.

Thanks for all the tips so far РI will continue with Oldenburg, and great to know, Tomcat, that K̦ln was a highlight during the first part of the tour.

I attended Hanover, Osnabrück and Berlin in 2016. Were any of them recorded?

Punj Lizard
              Participant

@otherdemon – Thanks. Just trying to download these now.

@tomcat РThanks. Also trying to download the K̦ln show. It'll be good to have another from that venue and I hope to be back for another MP show in the future.

@Juergen РThanks. I'm downloading Wiesbaden (Biddie), Oldenburg (Spacebandit), and K̦ln. They're coming thorugh at the moment Рslowly but surely, which is fine. Good to know even these won't affect my ratio today!

Punj Lizard
                Participant

@ The Other Anders – It's a wild ride. Non-stop MP since September! Yesterday I listened to Demon Box, Child of the Future and MP Presents the ITS, all for the first time! I was not completely taken with Demon Box, but on first impression really liked some of the tracks. Same with MP presents – I'm not a country fan, but I do like CSN/CSNY, and a few of the tracks definitely have that kind of Marrakesh Express vibe. Child of the Future was a hit straight away :D

I started audience recodings with a few from this year РK̦ln (which I had to have as I was there and it completely blew my lights out!), Bremen (because of all the talk about it) Liepzig (because I really like the setlist and I had to have that 26 minute Lacuna/Sunrise) and the most recent РByscenem Trondheim (because the setlist was so different). I'm now starting to look backwards to earlier shows. I still have the list you posted for me of radio/soundboard recordings but have been unable to source any of them (I'm not sure where to look other than Dime). I'd love to get some hot recordings from the Trust Us period, but I'm in no hurry Рjust takiing my time. :D

The Other Anders
                  Participant

@Punj Lizard – the Motortrades tracker is the place to look. Juergen should be able to hook you up. Write him. I will also help seed more and more in there as I work my way through it. :D

Punj Lizard
                    Participant

@ The Other Anders – Thanks.

@ Juergen – As suggested by The Other Anders, could you hook me up with Motortrades, please?

Spacebandit
                      Participant

Hannover 2016 is straight in the face (almost "monitor-mix" while Osnabrück

(a nice one from Lars M) had a real fine sound due to a barrier in front of the stage.

But you're right. Biddie's recording from Wiesbaden ist outstanding due to the mics.

Wasn't there also a Koeln version from Dimenew with DPAs?

Punj Lizard
                        Participant

@Spacebandit – Which Hannover recording should I go for? I read your comments about a noisy, drunken asshole. So should I go for your recording or that of Lars M?

As for K̦ln Рit's the Dinenew one that I grabbed. :D

Thanks.

Tomcat
                          Participant

I think you better go for Berlin or Osnabrück in case ratio plays a role: both have longer setlists including "The Waiting Game" (you mentioned you just digged COTF – be surprised ;-) )

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@Tomcat – Listening to The Waiting Game from Osnabruck 2016 now – Far out! Thanks. :D

Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

Wiesbaden 2016 is my personal favourite. Get it while you can.

Punj Lizard
                                Participant

@Johnny – Wiesbaden grabbed. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994