2017-09-20 Terminalen, Ã…lesund

Home Forums General 2017-09-20 Terminalen, Ã…lesund

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ijustpop
    Participant

So, there was a gig in Ã…lesund last night. Anyone know the setlist?

Ratmaus
      Participant

Ship of Fools

The Tower

The Cuckoo

Hell pt. 1-3

Theme de Yo-Yo

Bartok of the Universe

Riding the Tiger

Heartattack Mac

Lacuna/Sunrise

I.M.S.

In Every Dream Home

Cloudwalker

Intrepid Explorer

Un Chien d'Espace

Feel

Blashyrkh
        Participant

I'm glad to see Theme de Yo-Yo and Riding the Tiger on the setlist :-)

It seems at shorter set than the previous gig? Was there a curfew?

otherdemon
          Participant

I don't think that looks like a shorter set at all.

That looks like a 2h 30 min set to me.

Also, first ever Un Chien with Tomas. Looks like every MP line-up

plays that song (maybe except the Storløkken line-ups)

Ratmaus
            Participant

@otherdemon, you're absolutely right. I think they played for almost two and a half hours. No complaints from me there, although I was ready for plenty more after Feel. The gig was loud, heavy and so uncompromising for the whole first hour it made me laugh. Quite unexpected (to me, at least) for a midweek gig in Norway (well, maybe Halden back in the days). I haven't done a full concert report in probably 15 years and this won't be one either. Let's just say it was as great as almost any MP gig I've witnessed. Really wish I was able to see more shows on this tour, they've got some great new beasts on board (Intrepid Explorer – wow!). Oh, and the sound was really good, so I can confirm that the singing has indeed improved! Great visuals, too.

Reinseth
              Participant

The set was 2,5 hrs, non stop. They seemed to change their mind about an encore, and came back on stage right after they went off and went on to play Feel.

The sound wasn't the best I've heard. Didn't see them the last time at Terminalen, so can't compare, but saw them at Rockefeller last year, and then the sound was much better, more defined. Here the guitars sometimes were drowned by the bass drones. It reminds me of the Rockefeller concerts around 2006-2008 where the sound was similar.

Bent asked if there were any people over 20 years in the audience, and went on to say that this next one is indeed 20 years old and started Heartattack Mac, which was very well received.

Intrepid Explorer was fantastic, and the the mid section of Un Chien was very psychedelic with a repetitive bass riff (all 16ths on the same note) the kept increasing in intensity and eventually speed. It was awesome to follow the dynamic between Bent and Tomas (with Bent being the obvious boss, which reminds me of the early concerts with Kenneth).

Talking about Kenneth. I really missed him last night, at least in the beginning of the show. I felt MP is lacking a dimension now that he is gone. But later in the show, Tomas really proved himself, and I think he too will put his mark on the music given enough time.

The new material is still pretty raw and I guess it will be a few more shows before they are really tight.

Overall great concert, a bit loud but shouldn't complain about that.

Looking forward to the gig on Saturday!

Kid A
                Participant

Sounds promising. Feel as the only encore seems a little bit cut off. VS would be a good follow up ;) and still no Pacific Sonata, I cannot believe it’s not on their schedule for this tour, let’s wait and see

Reinseth
                  Participant

Yeah, I really missed the sonata. Maybe it's a bit too difficult? (the timings in the recording is even off sometimes)

EDIT: guess they need that fourth member for the sonata to work.

marc
                    Participant

Wonder when the fourth member's gonna jump on the train

Kid A
                      Participant

Would be a perfect jumping off point for fading into some different song, like Whip That Ghost or …. Hogwash 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994