2017-11-11 Hannover, Faust

Home Forums General 2017-11-11 Hannover, Faust

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tomcat
    Participant

ASFE

Mountain

PPP->

Intrepid Explorer

Dreamhome

Bartok

Kill Some Day

Pacific Sonata ->

Cuckoo ->

Ship of Fools ->

Greener

Go To California

You Lied ->

Spin Spin Spin

The Tower

Vortex Surfer

2h35m

Deadnautpsychohead
      Participant

Hey there,

I'm new here though I'm reading in the forum for a while. I'm 42 and first came in contact with MP in 2008 at Burg Herzberg Festival. Great show and I instantly fell in love with LLM, which still is one of my absolute favourite albums.

Since nobody wrote about the Hanover gig, some words from me here. It was my 8th MP show so far and my third on this beautiful tour. I think Hamburg was better due to setlist and Bremen was outstanding, best gig I attended. This one was whole Tower and a good selection of oldies. All in all aquite hard and loud show. Check setlist on setlist.fm, we tried and I think it's quite accurate. Didn't have a chance to get a glance on an original.

Greets to all you Psychonauts out there!

jessi
        Participant

*oh, but love

will keep the wolves at bay

will make the fog less grey

will endure

so resist

never succumb to fear

love is found everywhere

love is pure* ❤️

motorpsycho never played a better tour.

as I am from hannover, I enjoyed it even more last night.

jessi
          Participant

11.11.2017, hannover, faust

[img]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23472179_10155963493232958_4292803583579225675_n.jpg?oh=22e5fd14bd3ca79fca9ca31cee42fff4&oe=5AA2F1EF[/img]

Added the gig on setlist.fm, remembered most songs, but didn´t get to take a picture of the setlist, so maybe not entirely correct yet…help appreciated ;)

No Wheel or Chien this time, was a very hard set compared to Hamburg or Bremen, not so many spaced-out parts, but a very driven Spin-Spin-Spin, long jamming Go to California, and Greener (first time I heard/saw this one live). Fantastic V.S. as the last encore, didn´t need any more music on the long drive back…

fillmore
            Participant

Motorpsycho wrap up the "Tower Tour" on a Saturday night at Hannover's Faust. This well played concert rather focuses on showcasing a wealth of material instead of indulging in lengthy improvisations. It might be unfair to call this tour finale anticlimatic but the band didn't exactly honour the occasion with a special setlist, a very long show or other tricks. Still, there are many genuine highlights scattered liberally across sthe show: A juicy take on "Mountain" works very well as second song while a beautiful version of "PPPP" features an elegantly flowing jazzy psychedelic middle jam and brief but spot-on space passages spice up both "Ship Of Fools" and "Spin Spin Spin". In fact, the band's playing is so good, tight and fluent that we get truely "Roadworks"-ready versions of "Intrepid Explorer" and "DreamHome". "Kill Some Day" on the other hand is being smothered by volume and the vocals do not sit right. The versatility of the material and various styles covered during the course of this set is breathttaking, but ultimately it prevents this concert from delevoping a natural flow. The magic of the sequence evaporates a bit after a strong and cohesive run through the first five numbers up to "DreamHome", at which point they seem to only string together good individual songs. Bent does a long thank you speech during which Tomas and Kristoffer receive well deserved thundering applause before "Vortex Surfer" appropriately closes the tour and sends the fans home, out in the cold November night, but already longing for more…

Deadnautpsychohead
              Participant

That's the setlist! Thank you, Tomcat!

Spacebandit
                Participant

The band seemed exhausted after that marathon of shows. I was more hoping for the spacier

songs, but I won't be complaining on highest level. My special best moment: The Spinwashjam.

Downer: Why do people always whistle LOUD at start of VS? What the fuck.

Hope you like something on Dime…

Darmok
                  Participant

@Spacebandit

In Milan they (or probably just one guy, I don't know) whistled VERY loud in the most dramatic moment, right before the "about the pain" verse, to the point that I'm almost sure Bent stopped there for a second… Count yourself lucky if they whistled only in the beginning. :/

fillmore
                    Participant

Last saturday in Hannover was a blast! I didn't had the chance to visit another concert on this tour but heard them before with Kenneth on the Herzberg gigs and in Heidelberg.

I also heard Kenneth with Spidergawd earlier this year, he's a very good drummer but with Thomas the songs have another kind of groove which I like very much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994