2019-05-22 Leuven,Het Depot

Home Forums General 2019-05-22 Leuven,Het Depot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Blashyrkh
    Participant

Great show, but no big surprises. I was hoping for 577.

Lacuna/sunrise (took about 30 minutes)

Ship of fools

Uberpelgrim

The Other fool (chillout to beautiful dont know what)

Blueberry daydream

The crucible

Pacific sonata

Psychozar

> spin x3

Lux

——-

Fools gold

2h45

Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

wot – no surprises? C'mon – 30min Lacuna/Sunrise, Blueberry Daydream – rarely played this tour so far! That having said, I do firmly hope for 577 in Wiesbaden! They could rather skip the triple Spin or change it back into an acoustic song imho…

Probably the glorious (Gn)Om(e) Riff a.k.a. "Master Builder" by Gong after The Other Fool?

If so – would have been a good set list for me.

Blashyrkh
        Participant

No master builder :)

Tomcat
          Participant

Lacuna was more of a LAIKunA, the space they explored felt like Chien/Köln last tour. 577 was on the list after Spin, Spin, Spin but Bent gave signs onstage to skip it – that would have made this a 3h show :P Reine very present, he was leading the extended ending of Spin f.e. – just WOW. All of them :MPD: Sound was massive and went into hearts and bones tonight … Goodnight everybody

Punj Lizard
            Participant

I was bitterly disappointed to discover they dropped 577. But you can't have everything. Lacuna was a revelation – remarkable psychedelic jam section. And from that point onwards I was floating right through to the massive Fools Gold. A great experience in the company of supersonic psychonauts. And a chance to meet the man behind the camera – Bernie!!! Now to figure out plans for the autumn tour :D

Blashyrkh
              Participant

Oh bummer, that 577 was on the list. I wouldn't mind if the show was 3 hours :MPD:

The sound was indeed very very good. I was standing in front of the P.A.

Did anyone heard on what they were going to "chill out" in The Other Fool ? I've heard something like "Chillout to (a) beautifull …. ".

I'm very happy that I got the 10" with magazine. But my magazine has some water damage … :-(

Punj Lizard
                Participant

Agreed. Sound was excellent.

I didn't hear what he said on The Other Fool, not clearly because it almost sounded like Judas Priest 🤣

JERO
                  Participant

heard on what they were going to "chill out" in The Other Fool ? I've heard something like "Chillout to (a) beautifull …. ".

@Blasshyrkh;

Could it have been Belgium band from the 90's the Beautiful Babies ?

Meanwhile, reading all the exploits with the 'tour box'thingy; with or without poster, coffee stains, coloured vinyl, etc. I can't help but laugh, what a way to go on your 30 birthday as a band. This affair also reminds of the Child of the Future and Fragments controversy : for some but not for all (alas!) This very professional band, still going about their special wannahave stuff like a punkband :lol:

Blashyrkh
                    Participant

@JERO, and why is it even called the "tour box thingy"… It doesn't really have anything do the with the actual tour… ?

I've got a poster and the green vinyl.

kjellepelle
                      Participant

I belive its called the tourbox thingy due to the fact that the magazine is translated to english, slightly altered as it also have articles from previously issues. It was made for the band to sell outside Norway.

Great King Rat
                        Participant

Blueberry Daydream!

"the other fool" phrase referred to JUNIPHER GREENE

one of the first progressive groups from Norway

Punj Lizard
                          Participant
                            Quote:
                            "the other fool" phrase referred to JUNIPHER GREENE

Now I know why I thought I heard 'Judas Priest' :lol:

Phoots Flower
                            Participant
                              JERO
                              Participant

Junipher Greene ? I'll check that out. These references of Bent's provide us with nice links to undiscovered gems! As for the name dropping game during The Other Fool, I had come to believe each time a local legend was mentioned, like he did during the Netherland gigs. Anyway, I love this little twist.

And…great to have an upload, enjoying it right now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994