2019-05-25 — Lausanne (CH), Les Docks

Home Forums General 2019-05-25 — Lausanne (CH), Les Docks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fillmore
    Participant

According to Setlist.fm

Dreamhome

August

Ãœberpilgrim

The Other Fool

Crucible

Coventry Boy

Heartattack Mac

Lux

Mountain

Psychotzar

You Lied

Fool's Gold

Can anyone confirm or elaborate?

supernaut
      Participant

Yup, that's how it went down. Let's get some weed and chill out to Hellhammer!!!

Devotional
        Participant

"Coventry Boy"! Nice choice. First time in six years, and always a rarity, really. To quote Yngwie, more Trust Us is more!

Only one song from The Tower must be a first in a while, and "Mountain" > "Psychotzar" is some hevveh dooteh. :smoke:

Oh, and chill out to Hellhammer? Brilliant!

Day off today, and I still think Hamburg and Oslo have the two best setlists so far (not often I can say that about Oslo these days), but "Master Builder" has been a very promising addition for us who like the heavy psych stuff. Could it be a new "Tristano" of sorts?

Just a few bits of subjective and irrelevant information:

The show must have been somewhat under 2:30 hours, at least it felt very short.

The crowd was very attentive and during Fool's Gold, everyone was seemed to be moved. For me, to date the most intimate performance of Fool's Gold I've witnessed.

Reine was unfortunately not very present in the mix, both with Mellotron and Guitar.

Tomas wore a T-Shirt saying "Listen to Switchmaster"

Talking about T-Shirts: Not available from the Webshop, but the Merchandise sold Kids' T-Shirts. At first I was delighted until I noticed that they come in either blue or pink. Seriously? In the 21st century? From a Scandinavian band?

supernaut
          Participant

We're free to buy the pink one for a boy and blue for a girl ;)

I stood first row in front of Reine and heard mostly the on stage racket and therefore his guitar very well, not so much the keys, though, which went straight to the PA I guess, and his guitar sometimes was more audible than Snah's at my position. Which was interesting, this "shift" provided a different colour to the whole tumultum. Needless to say: a fine player!

Short chat with Bent: among lots of other, beyond-MP projects, they're to record the next one in september. :)

supernaut
            Participant

Ah yes, Hellhammer. I wondered which one will come up, I'd had bet on Celtic Frost. Though The Young Gods would have been the most appropiate one, them being the best swiss band ever (science fact!) and coming from the french part of Switzerland (though not from Lausanne I think…). But of course chill out to Hellhammer is way funnier.

supernaut
              Participant

oh and if my memory serves me well, Snah did the lead singing on Mountain.

fillmore
                Participant
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

My recording is up on Motortrades.

Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

Could somebody please upload the recording on DIME?

supernaut
                      Participant

thanks a lot! that Fool's Gold version, all shiver & shake.

Juergen
                        Participant

@ Johnny_Heartfield: You can find the recording on dime now.

Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

@ Juergen: Thank you very much for sharing the show on DIME. Didn't expect too much from the setlist – but what an onslaught! Recorded directly in front of Bent's amp obviously – bass very prominent in the mix to say the least. I love that!

Btw. my favourite "Lux" of this tour – a little roughness really improves the odd prog anthem!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994