2022-05-19 Winterthur, Salzhaus

Home Forums General 2022-05-19 Winterthur, Salzhaus

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    supernaut
    Participant

The Waning I & II

The Magpie

LLM

Manmower

Überpilgrim

The United Debased

The Other Fool

Whip that Ghost

Lacuna

IMS

Whole Lotta Diana

Plan #1

——

Dank State

Stardust

Babylon

Big Surprise

Feel

2h40ish

I think it‘s complete, unsure about the sequence in the middle. My highpoints: Überpilgrim was a blast, started light poppy fluffy and then it got Crimson wild. And there was a WHOLE lotta Diana, jesus that was forceful. And Plan #1 was the only one of these they played in Fribourg. So I got almost 2 completely different shows. Yay!

supernaut
      Participant

Though according to my companion it wasn‘t quite as good as Franz Ferdinand who we went to see a few weeks ago. :D But she‘s allowed to say that, she saw MP in 93.

Anonymous

Accordingly to the setlist the united debased was played before the other fool, otherwise spot on.

Tomcat
          Participant

And still new additions – good to see Manmower back, Pilgrim with 2022-Reine must be pure pleasure!

And DIANA is indeed THE surprise of the tour I guess… that drummer … that BAND!!

Juergen
            Participant

Still some tour debuts (Manmower, Überpilgrim and Stardust) – the band is still able to surprise though there are only a few shows left.

supernaut
              Participant

thanks pj, I edited it. Could have sworn it came later, but must've been the famous MP aftershow dizziness.

Yes, Diana was a steamtrain in ültraoverdrive. And the Pilgrim section built and built supported by stop'n'go killswitch lighting, switching between white light and total blackout n'sync to the breaks in the riffing. Very intense.

Also I've never heard Reine so distinctively before, me standing on his stage side both shows this time. Thanks Reine! Thanks Tomas!

No NOX, though :( Chances are they never play it in its entirety on future tours with new material looming on the horizon…

supernaut
                Participant

oh the transition Lacuna -> IMS was great, too.

the conscience
                  Participant

@supernaut: „No NOX, though :( Chances are they never play it in its entirety on future tours with new material looming on the horizon…“

That‘s karma, baby ;). I witnessed N O X in Cologne. But I am sure, you will get the complete N O X in the future. It‘s too amazing to never play it live again. I cross my fingers for you

Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

@ supernaut: Berlin was great without N.O.X., Cologne extraordinary though N.O.X. better played (or recorded) in Hamburg, especially in Amsterdam (hindsight). Best version the 2021 Gent desertfest trio version imho. Still an overwhelming experience at the right place in a MP set. I'm sure they will come back to the suite now and again, but probably not regularly.

Surprise adds a special quality to life (as a psychonaut) ;-)

supernaut
                      Participant

@johnny

I do hope so. Of course the two shows I've seen on this tour were as satisfyingly great as usual without NOX. Luck of the draw. :mrgreen: I'm just a bit sceptical about future performances. Like TDDU that's been done and done. At least I got that one at the Oslo opera. :MPD:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994