24.10.2023 IT Milano – Santeria Toscana 31

Home Forums General 24.10.2023 IT Milano – Santeria Toscana 31

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Un.Chien.d.Espace
    Participant

can’t go myself, so I have a ticket to sell If interested, drop me a line at un.chien.d.espace AT gmx DOT net

Un.Chien.d.Espace
      Participant

anyone?

Un.Chien.d.Espace
        Participant

last chance… :-O

elNibi
          Participant

I’ve read that the concert is sold out since yeasterday

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by elNibi.
            Un.Chien.d.Espace
            Participant

it’s an e-ticket which I would sell for 27€

:mp:

Tomcat
              Participant

Try it on Ticketswap :)

Un.Chien.d.Espace
                Participant

sold!

enjoy the show tonight, guys! :stg:

mirai no maboroshi
                  Participant

Setlist:

Dank State
                    Sunchild
                    Patterns
                    Mad Sun
                    Feel
                    ————-
                    Sentinels
                    Manmower
                    Serpentine
                    Gullible’s Travails
                    Like Chrome
                    Superstooge
                    August
                    Nothing To Say
                    The Alchemyst
                    Mona Lisa/Azrael
                    —————-
                    Hogwash *
                    Plan #1

* Not on the setlist, where in its place was Psychotzar (not played); this version of Hogwash included verses from “Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow”

Approx 2h30m

Francesco

fillmore
                    Participant

Wow! Another great setlist. Also “Mona Lisa/Azrael”debut! That old Funkadelic tease in “Hogwash”, while standard around 2000, hasn’t been all too common in the last two decades, I think.

boomer former helm
                      Participant

Mona Lisa/Azrael !!! I am deeply touched. I was hoping to see it live since i saw the first recording of it in corona times. So with a bit of luck it could be played in Dresden and/or Berlin. Fingers crossed :mp:

Darmok
                        Participant

Unfortunately Bent was not feeling too well, he kept coughing and had little voice, which I suppose explains the string of Snah songs and the absence of songs where he would have to strain his voice too much or for too long (except perhaps for Nothing to Say and Plan). Still, it was not a *bad* night by any means, and I’m very grateful to him for giving his best nonetheless. My highlights were the most “spacey” moments: Manmower, Mona Lisa, Hogwash and most of all a magnificent, mighty Alchemyst. Given the feel of the night, Chariot would’ve been perfect, a pity they didn’t bring it to Italy (same goes for Spiral in the acoustic set).
                          In my opinion Santeria is way better than the Live Club in Trezzo for them, it has a much more intimate feel and the sound is definitely better in the front rows. I hope it becomes their venue of choice in Milan.

elNibi
                          Participant

Thanks Francesco for the setlist, it was very nice to have met you yesterday after the gig with Federica and Marco, we’re getting old and it’s nice to see guys like you travelling around like we did 20 years ago.

Some random points:
                            Bent and Snah seemed to have a bit of trouble with their voices, a bit ill perhaps. They looked very tired at the end of the gig but they managed to do a great ending.
                            It was a different show compared to the last tours. Less hard-prog, even less up-tempo and more a jamming 70s-90s mood. Probably Ingvald style is involved in this, I was particulary impressed by his performance, he has a loose an more jamming style compared to Thomas and it fits very well. He made a couple of minor errors but nothing dramatic of course.
                            Lowpoints:
                            Like Chrome (IMO sloppy song even if in a good live rendition)
                            August (incredible interplay between Ingvald and Snah but all in all very confused)
                            Highlights:
                            Sentinels (much better live than on the album),
                            Superstooge (both guys on guitars, never seen Bent on guitar in this song)
                            Gullible’s Travails (with a shor portion with Ingvald lead singer)
                            Mona Lisa/Azrael (the surprise of the setlist. Bent asking quiteness before the song, great rendition that didn’t suffered beeing the first appearance in the tour).

The Santeria was a very nice venue for the band, slithly bigger than Bloom but way smaller that Live Club in Trezzo where they played the last years. Having a smaller room and a smaller stage with a dedicated sold out audience helped a lot finding the right atmosphere. I was in the center front (3-4th line) and the sound was very good even with the drum a little to much loud in the mix.

rock on psychonauts and good luck for the end of the tour, I hope you’ll enjoy the band as much as I did yesterday.
                            R

otherdemon
                            Participant

Holy shit, this is easily the best setlist of the tour so far :-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994