25.10.2023 Zürich CH – Rote Fabrik

Home Forums General 25.10.2023 Zürich CH – Rote Fabrik

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ringo
    Participant

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by ringo.
      • This topic was modified 6 months ago by ringo.
      mirai no maboroshi
      Participant

Setlist:

Dank State
        SSIII
        Cold & Bored
        PPP
        Patterns
        ————–
        Chariot Of The Sun
        Sentinels
        Bombproof Roll
        Cosmoctopus
        The Tower
        Mona Lisa/Azrael
        Lacuna/Sunrise
        Year Zero
        —————-
        Hogwash *
        Plan #1

* Not on the setlist, where in its place there was 577.

Approx 2h40m

Francesco

Tomcat
        Participant

Thank you Francesco – this setlist is very good looking 👌

jessi
          Participant

this setlist makes me even more looking forward to joining the final shows tomorrow. WOW!

supernaut
            Participant

Very intense this one. No shorts, just epics, sprawling jams. Very soft, very loud, very slow, very fast. Many WTF and those good ol’ goosebumps moments. One for the books. The Tower middle section was especially fantastic. Also I really liked the choice of songs for the opening section. And Ingvald… damn he’s good!!! It felt to me he’s already been in the band for years.

Chariot was mindblowing. Jesus… And those dynamics overall, the looseness and tightness. When they flew, they flew, when they hit hard, they hit hard. While the Biel show a week ago felt more “round” and flowing, this one was more “extreme”, going all places with surprising moments scattered throughout the songs.

Ah yes and Snah went all Keith Emerson on amphetamines on the mellotron in Hogwash. No need for guitars to burn down the stage.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by supernaut.
              Punj Lizard
              Participant

Wow! Serious setlist. Love it!

suntripper
                Participant

A lot of real monsters in there! That’s even with Gullible rested. Lucky audience! I suppose that setlist would be less to the liking of those who preferred the selections when Olaf was behind the kit. Personally, I just like them to keep mixing it up. I can’t wait for what they create in terms of new material with Ingvald – at least, I hope that is going to happen; it looks as though it absolutely must!

otherdemon
                  Participant

Damn that looks like the most jam-heavy set of the tour so far. Except the acoustic set, nearly all 10min+ freakouts :yahoo:

Punj Lizard
                    Participant

@suntripper – the news (via an interview in Italy) is that they’ll be heading into the studio in November with Olaf and January with Ingvald. Add to that another trip to India in January, and I think it’s fair to say they’re not slowing down at all! Apparently, the drummer situation, as I understand it based on what Bent said in the interview, is that there is no permanent drummer – only hired guns. Sadly, I can’t find the interview now. Maybe someone else can post it.

ThorEgil
                      Participant

The interview was posted on facebook by Radio Città Aperta.

https://www.facebook.com/RadioCittaAperta/videos/311312291648176/

Punj Lizard
                        Participant

@ThorEgil – thanks!

suntripper
                          Participant

@ThorEgil: Thank you for providing the link.

@Punj: They have to be pragmatic I suppose, and just use drummers this way. Tomas was impoverished, and it seems that played a big part in his departure. Unless a drummer is an equal creative partner, he (or she!) might be better advised to be a gun for hire. It’s just a bit of a shame to think that there is no longer a permanent ‘band’, as such, and one wonders whether something will be lost if the third leg is not present at the daily shifts these hard-working boys (or should that be dads?) put in.

Also, with different drummers being used, might there be some loss of identity? Still, these guys have always known what they are doing, so I trust them, and I’m sure there is some great stuff to come. Maybe they have concluded that this is the only way.

I just can’t help wishing it could be Ingvald and only Ingvald, for all sorts of reasons. But if he wants to continue with Kanaan, maybe it all gets a bit tricky.

Mind you, Gabriel and Crimson managed to figure out a way of sharing Tony Levin, but then we’re talking about economics on a different level there – a massive tour each every few years, and even rarer albums!

I am probably being stupid, cloth-eared or both, but is that Olaf they are talking about at 7:51, “going into the studio in November with Reine and [?].” Does Olaf have another name? If it’s not Olaf, who is it?

Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

“We’re going in the studio in November with Reine and Olaf”. Clearly Olaf. Then Bent adds that a later recording date with Ingvald is planned.

suntripper
                              Participant

Ah, I can hear it now. Earlier, my ears were deceiving me.

The main thing is: new music is on its way! And I’ve got a good feeling about it!

JERO
                                Participant

another possibility: their REAL new drummer was introduced this tour within Chariot Of The Sun, he/she’s all digital, and can be activated via mellotron and probably EVEN MORE pedals. In the future Bent will play it’s bassdrum and snare, while Snah, amidst playing guitar and keyboard at the same time will provide cymbals and toms, lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994