30.9.2023 – Kultursalen, Sandane

Home Forums General 30.9.2023 – Kultursalen, Sandane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kjesso
    Participant

From Instagram:

Feel
      Mad Sun
      Maypole
      Pacific Sonata

Chariot of the Sun
      Sentinels
      Hotel Daedalus
      Uberpilgrim
      Cold & Bored
      Whip That Ghost
      Patterns
      Go to California
      Kill Some Day
      Gullible’s Travails

Be Good & Be Kind

kjesso
      Participant

A friend from the area says that it was not a full house, probably three quarters full. It was a hall with seats, so, with the exception of a woman in front of him who danced while seated in her seat :wacko: , nobody danced. He saw many strangers, and guesses that many in the audience had come from afar, including other countries.

The band was in good mood, even if they only played one encore. My friend is not a diehard Psychonaut, and does not know all the song titles, but says that one of the Yay!-songs had a longish jam/improvisational part.

About Oluf, he says that he noticed his stiff upper arms. He felt that Oluf did what he should, but adds (with a smiley) that his favourite drummer is Ralph Molina.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by kjesso.
        Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Another Chariot! That makes me hope for the October gigs.
          Btw: It’s Charlie Bob Bent, not Billy Bent Talbot on bass – so there might be some problems there ;-)

suntripper
          Participant

Maybe this was the Yay! song with improv? Sentinels. Olaf is doing okay here, I think, and his drum sound works for the song.

Thank you The animationchannel.

kjesso
            Participant

I told my friend that I had published his thoughts here, and he is now unstoppable:

He has changed his mind – he thinks the song with the jam was Whip That Ghost (which makes sense), Both Ryan and Fiske had great (and very different) solos.

His hearing isn’t too good, he’s deaf in one ear. Still, the sound seemed to loud, a view that was shared with others he talked to post-show. He couldn’t make out the lyrics at all.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by kjesso.
              schwedenkrone
              Participant
                Reinseth
                Participant

About Oluf, he says that he noticed his stiff upper arms.

He does play with the left arm raised pretty high, but it’s not stiff, quite the contrary at least that is my impression. I might be wrong here, but I think that he plays with the snare tilted like you would do with a traditional grip (meaning that the snare is higher on the left side).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994