30/04/2016 Utrecht, Tivoli

Home Forums General 30/04/2016 Utrecht, Tivoli

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

HBM1

STG

>Serpentine

Augusto

The Promise

On a Plate

Stooge

Up/Down

>Cloudwalker

Arne H

BBD

Jr

Feedtime

HBM2

Rune
    Participant

Very, very heavy gig. Insane.

Mountain on setlist as penultimate encore. Not played.

Highlight for me was BBD.

And the massive HBMII, which for me was a first.

Brilliant.

Maybe we get the laid back chilled out version on Monday? :D

boomer former helm
      Participant

strange venue. too much for the brain of a tired psychonaut ;-) very nice middle section of running with scissors, the drumming was just amazing there. they suffered a lot from the air-condition on stage, bent returned with a jacket at the encore.

pim

They also played spin spin spin as 3rd I think and didn't they start with sleepwalking and put sleepwalking again somewhere inbetween.

ThorEgil
          Participant

@pim – HBM1 is short for the complete album. Except BBD – which is usually played towards the end of the shows on this tour.

pim

Ah cheers

Spacebandit
              Participant

No "Jig is up" start? I'm a bit curious about that.

HBM # 1 is "Sleepwalking->Lacuna/Sunrise->RunningWithScissors->IMS->Spin->Sleep again"

I wonder what they put up at Dornroosje tomorrow…still no Starhamster…with all those

Mellotrons on stage…I wonder…maybe they'll save it…for Oldenburg???

Blashyrkh
                Participant

Aha no "Jig is up", I thought I missed it, because I was a bit late… :)

I think this gig was better than at Het Depot in Leuven… They looked more energetic than the day before.

Loved it!

supernaut
                  Participant

Feedtime is back. That's good.

boomer former helm
                    Participant

i liked leuven a bit more. the sound there was just magnificient.

fuzzrules
                      Participant

Great show! With a tender, beautiful beginning, some raging jams and a grand finale. Nice review in Dutch here.

The venue is indeed strange. A huge building where you feel kinda lost on your way from the fourth to the fifth floor, and where the aircon on/off is probably not a switch but a program. It reminds me of this blog

harry
                        Participant

I really liked the way they kept on grooving in Arne Hassle after the first chorus-thing. In stead of bringing it down like on the roadworks version. Arne H. was a highlight for me.

I vaguely remember some additional singing by Snah in BBD. Like an extra verse somewhere. Is that correct? Anyone?

nicoot
                          Participant

@harry yes he did, but that also takes place in the regular version. "Sunlight please find me" etc, but sung in a bit of a different tone…

harry
                            Participant

@nicoot

I get it. Singing the main theme so to say, starting at 8.26.

That was what I meant. Thanks.

Arne H was another highlight indeed, I also liked the spacey intro. Way better than the first time I heard the song live in Amsterdam/2013!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994