August 15, 2012 at 06:53 #1771ThorEgilParticipant
I read in the paper Addressa today – there will be a third TDDU concert, on November 18 – in Olavshallen, the Trondheim concert hall. Tickets will be on sale this Friday (they are usually available on http://www.billettservice.no).
Here's an indirect link to the news nrk.no
– The Adressa article also mentioned some news about releases, the most concrete was an expanded version of Blissard on "up to 4 discs" in the works.
– The Cathedral concerts was recorded and sounds good, so may be released.
– The TDDU concerts in the Opera will be filmed, for possible release.
– They have more stuff created with StÃƒÂ¥le StorlÃƒÂ¸kken, will record in October to see what comes out of it.
I'll post the link if the article is published in the web edition.August 15, 2012 at 09:37 #22697TomcatParticipant
wohoooow, very exciting news (releases)!August 15, 2012 at 10:11 #22698August 15, 2012 at 10:26 #22699TraktorBassParticipant
Oo, supersize Blissard? Sounds interesting.
Also: any of you moustacheclad Adressa-readers up for a scan?August 15, 2012 at 12:45 #22700
The cathedral concerts are great and I just looove Blissard. Wouldn't mind extra material from that period if any was available….August 15, 2012 at 14:28 #22701ThorEgilParticipant
IndulgeAugust 15, 2012 at 21:35 #22702GBDParticipant
If half of their plans sees the light of day, i'll be a very happy man :MPD:August 16, 2012 at 05:21 #22703RolfParticipant
More details on the future plans, according to the article:
* Expanded Blissard sometime this fall (possibly 4CDs)
* The gigs in Nidarosdomen and Oslo domkirke were recorded, sound great and might be released.
* This last week they've gone through notebooks and harddrives and found about 20 songs they wrote inbetween the Unicorn work; Bent thinks there's a really good album "somewhere inside that material". (As mentioned by ThorEgil, this is what they'll record and work on in October.)
Regarding the expanded Blissard: If I remember correctly, they recorded almost an entire (and mostly unreleased) album together with Deathprod at Kunstakademiet in Trondheim in the Blissard period, I believe "Mad Sun" and "Wishing Well" stem from those sessions? I for one hope all that stuff will be released on the expanded Blissard!August 16, 2012 at 05:54 #22704TomcatParticipant
Sounds like Christmas (as a childAugust 16, 2012 at 07:53 #22705
4 disc Blissard – GREAT!August 16, 2012 at 08:21 #22706pfnueselParticipant
Wow, 'Wishing Well'… one of my favourite Songs. I might again become a fan after all.August 16, 2012 at 08:28 #22707otherdemonParticipantQuote:Regarding the expanded Blissard: If I remember correctly, they recorded almost an entire (and mostly unreleased) album together with Deathprod at Kunstakademiet in Trondheim in the Blissard period, I believe "Mad Sun" and "Wishing Well" stem from those sessions? I for one hope all that stuff will be released on the expanded Blissard!
Yeah, they recorded a bunch of stuff at Kunstakademiet fall 1994. Only two of those (Mad Sun and The Ballad Of Pat & Put) have been released. Quote Bent from the Hey Jane EP lyrics page:
"recorded fall '94 at KiT (the art acadamy i Trondheim) along with other songs,of which only 'Mad Sun' have been released from this session. The closest we've come to a 'lost album', the other songs tried were : Stalemate,7th dream,Flick of the wrist,When the world sleeps (later cannibalized and used as the intro to 'in the family') & Black w'abbit (by the Alabama Kids).August 16, 2012 at 10:27 #22708boomer former helmParticipant
great news!!! looking forward fall…August 16, 2012 at 15:01 #22709supernautParticipant
awesome infos overload.August 16, 2012 at 16:20 #22710
Is there a chance to get the expanded "Blissard" also on vinyl (and maybe the expanded "Timothys Monster" too)? This would be great
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.