Berlin 01.11.09: Sound

Home Forums General Berlin 01.11.09: Sound

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

hi all,

motorpsycho is a fantastic band. but, there has been a big BUT for the concert in lido.

unfortunately the sound was totaly shitty. the bassguitarr had such an accoustic feedback that there was a big droning/buzzing on the line. this droning had been so dominant, that it was not possible to hear the guitar. also the drums were too loud.. the first songs i stood nearby the stage.. horrorsound. then i turnd to the bar. but nothing changed. soooo sad! only by knewing the songs i could imagine what the guitar played. fuck. and it occurs to me, that the musicians could not hear themselves within some takes, cause they didn´t strike the right chord while singing.. That’s a pity. i left the concert ahead of time. too much droning, too loud..

maybe one of the band will recognize that and can make it better for the following concerts.

i know, how excellent the three guys can play. and with this sureness i´m longing for the next gig in berlin.

susii.

Great King Rat
    Participant

I wasn’t there last night but I can imagine what you’re talking about. A friend of mine said the same about yesterday, and I’ve attended MP shows that were way too loud. Nowadays I try to stand in the back or upstairs if possible. Ear plugs do a good job, too…

v1

“made loud to be played loud” :MPD:

Holle
        Participant

it was very loud, but that’s normal, or not?

and the sound was very good at least where I stood.

(5/6 row in front of bent)

boomer former helm
          Participant

to me the sound was quite bad and i stood in front of bent too. hmm, hope for better sound in hamburg tomorrow…

you’ll never get good sound right in front of the stage. There you’ll only get the sound from the backline. If you want good sound (or at lesat the best possibele), you have to stand near ths mixer so you hear what the soundman hears. I can also imagine that they paly som loud onstage that every thing will bleed into every mic onstage, so getting good sound will be wery hard

i was center rear in the venue and sound was so-so, as Susii said shitty in the beginning…

i was in berlin for a short holiday (with tickets bought 2 months ago) and the day after show i met the “boys” at the ramones museum in very downtown berlin – (it’s kinda close alexanderplatz) taking photoshooting.

Had the same problems last year during the Leuven Gig, sound was terible too.

The Antwerp Gig a few months earlier was allright, so I guess it must be the places they play that cause the problems?

TraktorBass
            Participant

Hm, good earplugs (not those foam-things. Spend some money on real ones) always helped the bad sound issue in concerts for my part :) If you haven’t tried, give it a shot. Of course, some times its just too bad to help, but meh..

supernaut
              Participant

It was LOUD and i stood about where Superstooka was. But I could hear everything, good bass, good guitar. My ear sometimes hurt nevertheless, but I thought that’s my old tinnitus problems. I didn’t see any earplugs display. So I thought those Berlin people must be tough breed.

supernaut
                Participant

juniper:

Quote:
                  and the day after show i met the “boys” at the ramones museum in very downtown berlin

Ha lucky you, I went for a few days too and wondered if and where one would stumble across them. It didn’t happen in the DDR museum. :-)

they we’re taking pohotoshoots for next album.

spoke a little with bent and he told me so, he told me also when it will be released – maybe’s not a sceret – but i won’t tell for respecting the band…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994