Bremen, Schlachthof 2014-05-21

Home Forums Setlists Bremen, Schlachthof 2014-05-21

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Holle
    Participant

Acoustic Set

Blueberry Daydream

SS 1

Come On In

Feel

Waiting For The 1

Main Set

Cloudwalker

Sail On

Serpentine (new & great one)

The Magic And The Wonder

Hell 1-7

P.P.P

On A Plate

The Promise

Cornucopia – Loaded – Goin To Carlifornia – Cornucopia

Plan 1

Encore 1

Kvaestor

Hey Jane

Hyena

Alchemyst

Encore 2

Entropy

2h40

Very good but not extraordinary good like normal at schlachthof.

But for the beginning of the new tour very promising.

Sent from my Mobil out of the train.

Great King Rat
      Participant

I agree, that was a very good show. I even count it among the best ones I've seen – 'cause there were quite a few new things to witness, at least for me. They had two keyboards on stage, Kenneth playing one during the acoustic set and Bent playing the other one during two very quiet parts in the second half of Hell while in those parts Kenneth and Reine took turns in playing the first one. Then, as superstooka said, the Serpentine version was new and very different, I only recognized it when Snah began to sing.

The most astonishing thing, however, was their approach to the songs tonight. I think I've never seen a show (out of nearly 30 now) at which so many songs were so close to the album versions – with Serpentine being the biggest exception. And I have to admit that I'm not too familiar with the complete Hell yet, so I can't really tell if they played it more or less straight or not, but a lot of the other songs were short, very tight and, well, very much like I know them from the albums or previous shows. That said, I really liked that! Although I've always enjoyed their shows, it was nice to once have not too much endless jamming and noodling, just for a change, you know? Don't know if others had that impression, too…

I've come to appreciate Reine being a momentarily regular member of the band. The second guitar really adds up, tonight especially in Plan#1, which, btw., was my personal highlight. I've heard it live a couple of times before but never as energetic, tight and massive as tonight. The last verse ("See that creep…") was sung/screamed by the three of them together which alone was mighty impressive.

Overall, a great evening! Very rocky set, band in a great mood (Bent's developing some entertainer qualities, really!), Snah on fire, and the audience was thankful (although sometimes a bit too chatty) and sang along to Feel and Waiting for the one.

So, if you go and see them live in the next days, enjoy!

Un.Chien.d.Espace
        Participant

sounds promising!

boomer former helm
          Participant

indeed :D

"Serpentine (new and great one)"? Do you mean that there is a new song called Serpentine, or is it the one from the "It's a Love Cult" album?

otherdemon
            Participant

He means Serpentine from the IALC album, but in a new re-arranged version, I guess.

Did it have really fast drumming by Kenneth?

Also, Loaded inside Cornucopia = :MPD:

Holle
              Participant

Yes new arranged serpentine, also different to the 2011 version

so maybe better : serpentine 3 :-)

loaded was short.

Great King Rat
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  Did it have really fast drumming by Kenneth?

Not really, until the first chorus it had some sort of beginning-of-whishing-well-kinda-stickwork rather than actual drumming. Still good though.

Kid A
                  Participant

I must admit, I didn´t really like the Serpentine version. Too messy and not very catchy. Haven´t seen them so energetic in a long time. I was surprised how good On A Plate works live, compared to the studio version.

supernaut
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      2h40

that's all I want.

boomer former helm
                      Participant

excuse me, i am not sure what "loaded" actually is. can you help me?

surftex
                        Participant

@ boomer former helm: 2nd track from "8 soothing songs for Rut"

otherdemon
                          Participant
                            Quote:
                            excuse me, i am not sure what "loaded" actually is. can you help me?

Track #2 from 8 Soothing Songs For Rut. Hasn't been played a lot live though, last night was the first time with Kenneth. They last played it in 2006 with Jacco.

Originally I planned to drive to Bremen, because I like the location.

Bielefeld is closer, so I decided to drive there.

Damn!!! This setlist sounds awesome! Wish I'd been there, but really looking forward for the gig tomorrow, psychonauts! :-)

Sounds pretty good start^^

I wanted to join European tour…

Just checking here anyway.

Thx for reports, everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994