Burg Herzberg 14.7.

Home Forums General Burg Herzberg 14.7.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Great King Rat
    Participant

Reports anyone?

fillmore
      Participant
        fillmore
        Participant
          fillmore
          Participant

An article from a local newspaper including a VERY short bit about MP ("during a full moon they opened the festival with a very atmospheric performance"). However, the article postulates that the young generation outdid the old guard — and the old guard also includes MP in the eyes of the reviewer. Btw, Gregg Allman apparently canceled due to sickness — bummer.

Last but not least there is an audio recording of the MP performance which will eventually find its way into circulation. :-)

SPH

I don't have a setlist, but they began with "Hogwash" and ended with "All is loneliness". In between "Greener", "Diana", "Nothing to say" and some other songs got played. The moment in "Starhammer" when "The Wheel" found it's way into the set was special.

As far as I know :

01 Intro 00:34

02 Hogwash -> 14:41

03 04:45

04 Cornucopia -> 10:42

05 Nothing To Say 11:48

06 GREENER -> 06:08

07 You Lied -> 04:20

08 Whole Lotta Diana -> 08:51

09 Starhammer (incl. The Wheel) -> 12:05

10 Hallucifuge 11:41

11 Encore Break 01:29

12 All Is Loneliness 10:13

13 Outro 00:30

TT: 97:54

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=365703

Will be available at motortrades soon !

boomer former helm
              Participant

finally back from herzberg and yeahh: the motorpsycho show was fantastic. the jamming around hallucifuge was pure bliss. wow. great show.

all in all the whole festival was great. best moment in my opinion when pete york entered the stage with helge schneider!!!, miller anderson and frank fischer for a jamsession. couldn't believe what i saw and heared. fantastic surprise.

and finally: herzberg is great!!

otherdemon
                Participant

The Herzberg boot is good stuff, great sound!

Track 3 is Leslie's Vest/On A Plate.

fillmore
                  Participant

Another pretty cool review from Junge Welt:

"Nach Stoppok stampften die Norweger von Motorpsycho den weich gewordenen Untergrund wieder fest. Der baßlastige, schwere Gitarrensound ließ Bastschuhe und Jesuslatschen vibrieren. Den Rest besorgten die geknüppelten Läufe des neuen Schlagzeugers Kenneth Kapstad. Der stellenweise jazzige Progrock ging vom Hirn direkt in die meist dreckigen Füße. Köpfe wurden nach Headbanger-Art etwas linkisch gegen Wände aus Luft geschlagen. Besondere Freude kam bei den Höchstleistungen erfordernden Songs des 2010er Albums »Heavy Metal Fruit« auf."

supernaut
                    Participant

it's coming from a warm hearted place but not very competent:

"Besondere Freude kam bei den Höchstleistungen erfordernden Songs des 2010er Albums »Heavy Metal Fruit« auf." hmmmmm……. :)

my personal heartleaping highlight was when they quoted the chorus "coming coming coming around" from the grateful dead tune "that's it for the other one" (no coment needed, i guess)

first time i actually did hear them quote the mighty dead as mp (and not as the international tussler society)…nice one, guys!

another solid gig at herzberg was walter trout, btw. he jumped in for gregg allman. the rest of the lineup was…well, if the sound was bearable, then the band wasnt or the other way round.

supernaut
                      Participant

seed the dime files please. absolutely no traffic. :(

fillmore
                        Participant
                          boomer former helm
                          Participant

alright, seeded… and yeah, the grateful dead chorus was thrilling, everybody smiling there. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994