Burg Herzberg 14.7.

Home Forums General Burg Herzberg 14.7.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant

dime

For all those that are not on Dime or Motortrades :

Motorpsycho 2011-07-14 Burg Herzberg Festival

13 Tracks , WAV , 16Bit 44100Hz , CD Ready

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/249847/Motorpsycho_2011-07-14_Burg_Herzberg_Festival__WAV_16Bit_44100Hz.zip

Enjoy !!!

supernaut
      Participant

thankyou supermuch starmelt, I don't know what's going wrong with my dime/utorrent thing… :)

Joecoco
        Participant

Thank you so much starmelt!!!

fillmore
          Participant
            fillmore
            Participant

Short review/interview-bit in Eclipsed Magazine 09/2011.

boomer former helm
              Participant

just discovered 100% iron maiden at the ending of Hallucifuge at 11:30-11:33. The last song in the Maiden Movie "Flight 666" has the same ending. Nice short cover… :cheers:

Is that an actual Gibson Les Paul Goldtop with P-90's Snah is playing? That must be a recent purchase, have never seen him play one before.

*hangs back and waits for the inevitable "Well, he played one in '96 in Stavanger" remark… :D

grtz, Thomas

fillmore
                Participant

What would be the title of that Iron Maiden song?

Sjur577
                  Participant

If I'm not mistaken, Snah put p90 pickups in many of his guitars before the 2008 tour. I remember him using the p90 gold top at Roskilde that year.

otherdemon
                    Participant
                      Quote:
                      Is that an actual Gibson Les Paul Goldtop with P-90's Snah is playing? That must be a recent purchase, have never seen him play one before.

Yeah, it is. And yes, I've seen him play it before (if you have the Haldern Rockpalast video from 2006, he plays it on Manmower. Although there it looked more worn, maybe he had it re-polished or something)

TAF
                      Participant

The Iron Maiden song in question would be "Hallowed be Thy Name" – and Motorpsycho have always been using that ending for "Gullible's Travails" live. Did it at the end of Hallucifuge in London as well. :)

Now, for one Iron Maiden reference that's a bit harder to spot, Bent tends to throw in the opening riff to "Where Eagles Dare" in Cornucopia every now and then. In Burg Herzberg this happens at ~4:40-4:50.

Thanks for the Goldtop references, must pay closer attention. :wink:

Knew about the P90 type pickups he put in his guitars; they are P94's (check them out here) and he started using them just before BH/BC. You can hear the difference in his tone quite clearly from that record on. I miss his humbucker sound a bit (a LOT actually), but that's me and the sound he gets out of the P's is absolutely killer. His Super Swedes have a coil-tap function for single coil tones, but of course that is nowhere near the sound of the Gibson P-style single coils.

Enough of the guitar nerd speak already. Thanks again, everyone!

grtz, T

fillmore
                        Participant

Another video surfaced, "Hogwash":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX6v-eXUD-Q

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994