Cologne, 28.05.2010

Home Forums Setlists Cologne, 28.05.2010

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Holle
    Participant

on my pillow

mountain

stg

sail on

arne h

alchemyst

plan#1

ride the tiger

timothy’s monster

un chien

satan

starhammer

feel

trapdoor

coalmine pony

x-3

—-

gullible

2’48

really great show again.

a lot of energy.

during the jam in coalmine pony snah suddenly stoped playing.

kenneth goes on, while bent is totaly confused and that’s why stopped playing, too.

big smiling on shah’s face.

then bent talked shortly with snah and both are laughing.

then they started to play again.

this one was vey close to the bremen show.

but I liked bremen a bit more.

tonight it was extremly loud specialy at the end of the show.

the vocals weren’t so clear like in bremen.

the audiance was very good, but not sooo respectful like the bremen people.

sometimes some people made a big party.

so bent had to say: please be carefully.

anyway, another fantastic gig, off course.

to the guy with the white shirt and glasses that was dancing in front of the scene: screw you. (after a night of sleep i apologise for being so rude, but i really mean it…)

apart from that: great show, and my first show with s.t.g., which is probably one of my favourite songs ever… orgasmic. oh, and feel! so sweet.

@superstooka thanks for the setlist, i agree, in the end it was really really loud, i couldn’t hear kenneth anymore :-(.

Most of the Show was really full of energy but some pieces totally failed, especially the alchemyst wasnt that good imho, after hearing gullible on the last album,i thoght it must be impossible to do this live, but they really did a great job. Later i’ll post some photos.

fillmore
      Participant

Wow, yet another great setlist! Lovely to see some “Black hole/Blank canvas” songs in there!

boomer former helm
        Participant

great show, maybe the best i´ve seen from them. i especially loved the jamming in mountain, starhammer and un chien. and the sound was great, very dark and old doom style (esp. mountain and starhammer worked well with this sound) the basssound is not from this world, very very good. and riding the riger was very weak in my opinion last tour, but this time it was very very good. snah changed 1 chord in the verse, so he was able to sing along better, so the song worked very well. btw. very good positioning of the drum, kenneth was deeply involved in the whole sound. and the best short song was timothys monster. wow, what a monster of a song live. my deepest love to motorpsycho!!!

added some snapshots:

Motorpsycho set on flickr

cool pics. thamks.

the show was awsome! so many great moments!

mountain was veeery cool!! trapdoor! on my pillow! and i love the alchemyst!

maybe a little bit too loud imo.

thanks again to Thomas for the ticket!

hmmmmmmmmmmm uuuuh ja it was so good. To be honest, I just recognized what songs they played when I saw the Setlist;) Was right in front of the BIG Snah…just could hear his Monitor…..he was going wild….and Bents….I heard no Lyrics just the walls of sound. But i don´t complain-no not at all. I enjoyed that much-it was special;) The crowd was cool. Always really nice to hear them screaming, when they don´t know what to do anymore. Re the guy with the glasses and the white shirt-you really beat me hard with your elbow, your leg, your head and shoulders….grrrrrrrrmpf but can I complain…? I would but at the end it was just A GREAT ROCKSHOW! OH MAAAAAAAAAAN! A big HELLO to Akane-I really enjoyed seeing you again!

One Lovexxx

The Alchemyst AND Plan#1!! That´s exactly what i missed at the Berlin show and i wish i could have been in Cologne that night, *sniff*… well, budget doesn’t allow me multiple shows at the moment, argh! :-(

“You can’t always get what you want…”

Still nice to see they are playing several of the older songs :-)

Hi everybody,

it was a nice show indeed, they just kept on rocking nearly three hours in a row!

The start was great, I can’t remember hearing Mountain live before, and they did a great job on this song.

There was some stagnation in the middle part of the gig, with too many drawn out solos. Also the sound was pretty bad then, which is my biggest gripe about the concert. I simply can’t understand why they turn up the volume to a level where the PA sounds really shitty and it is even difficult to find out what the drummer is actually playing.

Unfortunately out of the last four MP gigs I visited, only the concert in Gebaeude 9 in Koeln last year had a good sound (at that concert I saw Lolly behind the mixer, perhaps that had something to do with it).

So, if anybody has contacts with the band, please tell them to consider hiring a sound guy that is not deaf already.

The encores were great again. They played a lot tighter then, and Gullible from the new album worked really well.

So all in all it was a good concert, but if they don’t manage to do something about the volume, I have to wear ear-plugs for the next concerts. And I really hate using ear-plugs during a concert.

It is like trying to touch and feel something when you have gloves on your hands.

Greetings

Mark
          Participant

Well, there’s earplugs and there’s earplugs. Invest a little money and your live experience won’t have to suffer. But then again: it’s insane that audience, band AND soundcrew wear earplugs nowadays!

I tried several types of plugs, some cheap ones from the pharmacy shop and some more expensive ones ( Alpine Music safe pro http://www.alpinehearingprotection.co.uk/consumer_musicsafe_pro.htm ).

I can’t say that there is a big difference soundwise between these … It’s still like bathing with your clothes on … (let me see with how many more allegories I can come up ;) )

supernaut
            Participant

I don’t know these. When playing with the band I have some expensive custom (at least something’s custom made in my equipment!) ones, but going to shows I sometimes use the very common foam plugs and funnily enough, at the Astra in Berlin, I got a perfect sound with them. Plug em in, then pull em slighty out again until they only cut the biting ssssscccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh frequencies from guitar and cymbals.

Un.Chien.d.Espace
              Participant

sorry guys, no videos from this night….had to enjoy the set without distraction…:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994