Grieghallen, Bergen, June 12th 2021

Home Forums General Grieghallen, Bergen, June 12th 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    kjesso
    Participant

Some brief notes from the show in Grieghallen, Bergen, yesterday. For me, the sound quality ruined much of the show. Grieghallen is noted for its fine accustics, but whenever the band went full force, all the nuances and details drowned in the massive sound.

Setlist? They opened with The Lurker, and with the exception of the LLM Suite everything was from the Tomas era. I don't have a full setlist, but recall that they played N.O.X. (which probably was the highlight of the show, even if the sound was far from good), The Waning, Kingdom of Oblivion, United Debased. Like Chrome came as an encore. I'm sure others can add the missing songs.

Even if I was slightly disappointed after the show, it was great to be at a show again. As far as I could tell the band themselves also enjoyed it all. As usual, I've blogged a little bit about the show (in Norwegian only): https://kulturguffen.blogspot.com/2021/06/motorpsycho-grieghallen-bergen-1262021.html

fearsatan
      Participant

My recording of the concert is now up at dime. The setlist:

01. intro (1:01)

02. The Transmutation of the Cosmoctopus Lurker (11:05)

03. The Waning Pt.1 & 2 (8:50)

04. Kingdom of Oblivion (10:19)

05. Bent banter #1: Bergensang (1:01)

06. Little Lucid Moments (22:21)

07. Bent banter #2: En lang pest (0:47)

08. Ny lang (19:48)

09. Ny halvlang (10:03)

10. N.O.X. (42:16)

11. encore break and Bent banter #3: nån som sovna? (1:53)

12. The United Debased (8:27)

13. Bent banter #4: beklager trønderen på stadion (0:43)

14. Like Chrome (5:30)

ThorEgil
        Participant

@fearsatan That was fast – thank you!

And excellent sound too it seems!

Aki
          Participant

I finally got to hear the live version of KoO's song on this recording, and it was fantastic. I'm wondering what the people who were negative about the album and attended the live show thought of it.

Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

Listening to fearsatan's recording – thank you very very very much! – for the first time I had the impression that the KoO songs don't work live – no comparison to the other older and newer material. Rather boring. Almost another band. Probably a wrong impression because lack of live atmosphere / not being there in person. And probably inferior on a very high level – due to comparison with the stellar material alongside – LLM, Nylang & Halflang, N.O.X. suite. The Lurker might stand out – but sadly the sound is rather distorted in the first place.

Still I feel rather strengthened in my sceptical impression of KoO. I'm very grateful MP are back on a Motorpsychedelic course with both ny songs – really live jewels!

ffbernie
              Participant

hey everyone, the very nice Terje Johanson shot the whole show and also sent me audio so Ill be working on getting them as enjoyable as possible…

heres the first batch :

NOX http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/330

THE NEW SONG SUITE http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/329

LURKER http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/331

ThorEgil
                Participant

@terje and @ffbernie – Brilliant. Thank you both!

the visitant
                  Participant

I am so looking forward to hearing this! Thanks so much for recording and sharing this with us!

supernaut
                    Participant

Bernie :MPD:

Terje :MPD:

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

Thank you so much Terje and Bernie.

supernaut
                        Participant

and Tomas :MPD: btw. Just watched it. I mean I've always loved Geb & Kenneth and still do. No comparison competition or whatsoever. But I'm just really happy he's here.

Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

Thanks a lot, Terje and Bernie! In a time without regular MP concerts this means even more to us Psychonauts!

otherdemon
                            Participant

Thanks a lot for both the Dime recording + the MP clips videos!

I sorta agree with Johnny on the KoO songs not being optimal live. However, I think

that can be attributed to the lack of Reine. I can imagine the live Lurker being improved greatly

with Reine in the mix.

N.O.X is still surprisingly good in a trio version. And the new songs as always show promise, even if they're clearly in a unfinished/work-in-progress state.

JERO
                              Participant

Deepest gratitude toward the guys who made it possible to enjoy these clips and I'm amazed all over again about MP, that as a trio they are able to pull this off. Nylang/Nyhalvlang and NOX show how they use their skills to really become an orchestra of just 3 members.Very impressive ! :STG:

ffbernie
                                Participant

hey everyone…the rest of the gig is up…thanks again TERJE !!!!

http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994