Hamburg Nov. 3, 2009

Home Forums General Hamburg Nov. 3, 2009

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Year O.

Ozzy Ã…ssBÃ…RN

No Evil

Mr Victim

Tiger’n

sungravy

Watersound

Diana

Satan

Kill Devil

Alcoholist (!)

———

Kill Some day

Super stooge

Hogwash

U Lied

—

Golden Core

(2h 30m)
    Hot Show!

[code]30m)

Hot Show!

Great King Rat
    Participant

Yeah, sungravy! But what’s “alcoholist”?

sounds very good to me! 577, superstooge, hogwash, watersound.. thanks!

otherdemon
      Participant
        Quote:
        Yeah, sungravy! But what’s “alcoholist”?

My guess is that it’s The Alchemyst :lol:

And wow, if they actually played Sungravy, then that’s the first time ever. They

never played it live before according to Dampsaba.

Thanks, mosquito!

Very nice, until the Hogwash/U Lied combo…leave that at the Dutch border please…

(perfect jaded green, that’s me)

Have fun tonight & see you tomorrow!

boomer former helm
        Participant

thanks.

wow it was such a great show, and much much more intense than berlin. the “spaceship-factor” was very high. it seems to me that they try a lot of spaced out sound walls and quiet but very trippy parts. maybe it has something to do with their space-opera which they recorded earlier that year? really looking forward that, i love it, it takes me far out, even i did not smoke yesterday…

to me the hogwash and u lied part was great. perfect songs to rave the audience and let everybody sream for another encore. great.

sound: in the beginning it was hard to hear what snah does and i feared it will be again such a dull sound as berlin, but from sungravy (very very nice btw.!! thanks mp for that surprise) onwards it got better and better (and louder and louder, but i like it that way).

overall feeling was great and they are in such a spaced-out mood i can not find words to describe it.

see you in haarlem.

fillmore
          Participant

Spacy show with much deeper jams than Berlin! Particularly the last 4 songs of the main set were a seguefest with a very inspired Snah. The jams inside “Diana” and “Cornucopia” went to unexplored places and the band totally deconstructed the songs. Lots of heavy wah-wah jamming before taking it down to the most quietest and having Kenneth play a solo. Between “KDH” and “Alchemyst” Snah played the same burning free form space he had used in Berlin to intro “Cornucopia”! Great bluesy “Superstooge” too. The setlist said “You lied” after “Superstooge” and then “Hogwash” but instead they directly went into the “Hog” which was a 13 min version complete with “Halleluwah” jam! “Sungravy” was beautiful. The people sang “Happy Birthday” again. This show had much more of an x-factor than Berlin…

Alex

Wow Great set list ! , it would have been cool to see Motorpsycho in Hamburg , and of course catch a show with the local heros Captain Obvious in Hamburg !! :D

Be
            Participant

Good show indeed! Nice audience, apart from the prick behind be who talked on his mobile phone during Sungravy! What a f***er!

Some things bugged me though. Alex describes very well how they deconstruct the songs nowadays and I don’t know if I really like that. Yesterday Snah’s noodeling sometimes was a bit too much for me – and usually I like guitar noodeling. Taking all the drive out of Songs like Hogwash and Diana (which started really groovey and hot. Really god!) doesn’t please me. If they do it on 1 or 2 Songs ok, but yesterday it was just a bit too much for me.

Second thing: Kenneth is really an animal and I like his playing a lot on most of the songs, but for example during Kill Some Day, he plays loads and loads of fills and stuff that just doesn’t belong there. I think sometimes less is more.

(Anybody remember the old Amadeus movie by Milos Forman, where Mozart asks the Kaizer if he liked his opera and the Kaizer answers something like “Well yes, but I think there are too many notes!”)

Oh and I think Kill Devil Hills should get a rest – it’s becoming the new Go To California for me!

That’s all whining on a very high level, I know

supernaut
              Participant

Well they must play KDH in Winterthur. Missed it in Berlin. Can’t get enough of that one. As opposed to Go To California. :mrgreen:

I had an issue with “less is more” during the Cake and Phanerothyme shows. Too much hippiejam noodling back then. Now it’s just right for me.

and yeah, some prick that guy must have been.

Holle
                Participant
                  Quote:
                  Yesterday Snah’s noodeling sometimes was a bit too much for me

2nd that.

and I think not always very inspired.

the second part of the allchemyst for example, here he played very fast

and all of this spacey atmosphere went lost.

and i love guitar noodeling and jam’s a lot,

that’s one reason why I am a motorpsycho fan!

Quote:
                  Second thing: Kenneth is really an animal and I like his playing a lot on most of the songs, but for example during Kill Some Day, he plays loads and loads of fills and stuff that just doesn’t belong there. I think sometimes less is more.

2nd that, too.

yesterday and in berlin too, I started to miss geb again.

Quote:
                  That’s all whining on a very high level, I know

2nd That, off course!

I still love this guys, their music and their concerts and I’m happy to see them tonight again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994