London 24.11.10

Home Forums General London 24.11.10

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Thanks a lot mr. Armitage :cheers:

Thanks a lot, Armitage! Great!

fillmore
    Participant

That fourth song in the set — probably a new original — is just great! The part that begins five minutes into the song ("I could never go back, I could never go back") is intense, dark and quite moody featuring beatiful vocals and from there Snah takes off! Wow, love it!

fillmore
      Participant

The segue from "Starhammer" right into "The wheel" and right back to "Starhammer" is just thrilling. The screaming and feedback driven segues in general in this show are great! Just 90 minutes but what a storming set, the band truely delivers!

CaptainAubrey
        Participant

Sorry about the incorrect info, guys! Got kinda animated after the show. Anyway, great jammy gig, nice to see them in a small venue and the ending with starhammer/wheel and x3 was amazing. cant wait for the recording. Got some pics but I have a lousy camera so not any good ones, I guess.

And elephant9 was awesome too!

fillmore
          Participant

Another correction to the setlist, they actually played the full "Hallucifuge" part of "LLM":

Year Zero

New Song 1

Whole Lotta Diana ->

New song 2 ->

All is Loneliness ->

Starhammer ->

The Wheel ->

Starhammer ->

Hogwash ->

Halleluwah ->

Hogwash ->

X3 ->

Hallucifuge ->

X3

A picture that was posted to FB by Stuart R.:

mp2010-11-24_stuart_rimmer.jpg

You could call the second part of the set the "sandwich"-show! ;-) I don't think they've done it to this extent before!

Great King Rat
            Participant

Thanks, Armitage, for this great recording! A nice hompage you have there, too! It's worth some browsing I guess…

As for the gig itself, I have to say what a shame I couldn't make it! Completely agree with Alex, the new songs (the second one even more than the first one) sound really great. And check out jam in the middle of "Loneliness"! Then, from Starhammer on it's just amazing! I'm gonna have to listen to this a couple of times before fully grasping it! Can't wait to see them again…

Great King Rat
              Participant

Just listening to the Starhammer>Wheel>Starhammer-part again, and indeed, the segue is brilliant! While Snah's still (quietly) improvising Bent's already sneaking into that great wheel-bassline, almost inaudible at first… Wow!

Oaao, the recording is stunning! Motorpsycho at their peak! The jamming is intense, perfectly shifting from one song to another. And the new songs are great! I'm really looking forward to the Folken-gig in Stavanger!

boomer former helm
                Participant

wow man, great recording, sounds really good. band is in a great mood. stunning…

"Don't shoot me if I'm wrong!"

– Paranoid Squirrel host, contemplating whether "stoner rock" is an apt description of Motormusic :D

Thanks, Armitage. I enjoyed hearing the "third time's the charm" intro about how this show came to be featured in its entirety, as well as the "meant to be" magic appearance of two tickets after originally being told it was sold out.

Hope Snah doesn't regret losing the beard, right as temps are dropping to sub-zero!

otherdemon
                  Participant

According to the setlist scan on Facebook, the first new song is tentatively called "Du-du-du-du" while the second is called "Leslie's Vest" :lol:

supernaut
                    Participant

listening now.

du-du-du-du indeed!

thanks a lot!

what a top notch mp gig! thanks for the link

btw, love the vocals!

Thanks for taping and sharing Armitage! What a great gig! Like a bulldozer from start to finish. Heavy shit :MPD: I really like "Leslie's Vest" and agree with Alex that the "never go back" part is very dark/mysterious/wierd. Kind of sums up the dark mood of the whole song. The general dynamics of the gig is awesome and it really fits the 90 minutes format (not for a Psychonaut of course….we always want more!). But I mean, 90 minutes of MP in this mood is mindblowing and exhausting. The segues are done very nicely indeed. Snah provides some really great guitarwork……… :MPD:

Give us more live Motorpsycho!!! We want a new tour!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994