Motorpsycho in the Opera 11.Nov.2012

Home Forums General Motorpsycho in the Opera 11.Nov.2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Coventry Boy
    Participant

I think we need a new thread, for what has to report the happy audience of opera concerts.

The early show must be still running. I'm curious

:STG:

Devotional
      Participant

First show was the Unicorn (approx. 80 mins). No encore. Standing ovation. Lights were incredible. Sound was so-so (second row), but the performance was flawless. "Into the Gyre" (beautiful strings) and "La Lethe" + the ending of "Into the Mystic" (Snah in God-mode) were clear highlights for me. Also: I have never heard Bent sing better. He was fantastic. It was an Opera worthy indeed. Loads of cameras filming the set. More later (sending from the phone).

MP%20Opera%204.jpg

ThorEgil
        Participant

First review already Adressa

TraktorBass
          Participant

Great show, great show. Really good vocals, I have never heard them sing so well. Also, the Unicorn has never sounded better.

Both shows are filmed with RED cameras, Epic and Scarlet. Crew and cameras hired by the band. So if something is made out of this, it will look incredible and sound great.

TAF
            Participant

Second show: no encores. Sound also so-so on the 2nd row. But the show was awesome! :D

ThorEgil
              Participant

Absolutely agree. Absolutely great. The only regret is not having bought tickets to both shows. Now looking forward to the final show in Olavshallen.

Devotional
                Participant

A couple of more pictures from the first show:

MP%20Opera%202.jpg

MP%20Opera%201.jpg

MP%20Opera%203.jpg

Emily Grimes
                  Participant

Saw both shows.I think the sound improved the second time,maybe it was that i sat in a different place.Outstanding singing.

Bent was fantastic.Highlight:LA LETHE!!!

Both times.

LA LETHE.IS.THE.SHIT.

One word; WOW!!!

Elvin
                    Participant

I must admit i'm a bit disapointed that there was no encore, but still; This was an incredible evening. The music, setting, visuals. Sound could have been better, but they played, and sang(!) wonderful. Last half, which I don't like that much on the LP was truly epic tonight.

otherdemon
                      Participant

Great shows both of 'em, even though they were more or less identical.

The sound made the difference for me: At the early show I had a seat up on the balcony. And there the sound was GREAT from start to finish! The strings did get drowned out occasionally, but for me the first show was very well-balanced soundwise. Loud, but in a positive way.

The second show however I was seated way up front. And there was the more familiar MP loud wall-of-sound. But the performance of the late show was better; they seemed more at ease with their playing then. And a couple of the versions were longer too (The Hollow Lands and La Lethe)

I was also impressed with the singing tonight. The only exception being Mutiny! which they still can't sing for shit.

Nice visuals, too! Not an overkill of effects and lights, but a nice steady & stable package of visuals.

Evol
                        Participant

One word: Mindfuck!

Tomcat
                          Participant

There was one T-Shirt (for the price of two, very organic though):

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn."

For the show(s): Lack of encores, but a unicorn is a unicorn is a unicorn. This unicorn was the BOMB!

This was absolutely brilliant, and exceeded my already high expectations! I caught the late show from the balcony, where the sound was great. The vocals were almost spotless as well.

I was a bit disappointed the moment the lights came on after mystic, but I still left euphoric, having watching a perfect rendition of the unicorn.

Vegard B. Havdal
                            Keymaster

A pic that shows the wave-decorations in all their glory

http://instagram.com/p/R6BBPeG7TA/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994