Motorpsycho live 2019

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    boomer former helm
    Participant

one of their greatest, the last in the radio gnome trilogy. all time classic. its wonderful that motorpsycho start digging "gonggold" :MPD:

Tomcat
      Participant

Maybe they got wind of the fact that the London and Berlin gigs will be parallel to Gong only a Katzensprung entfernt :idea: (now playing: YOU, full of crackle during the first tracks – thanks for the inspiration anyway guys)

shakti
        Participant

I was unfamiliar with that track, but wow….that sounds like something Motorpsycho could be absolutely killing it with!!

Punj Lizard
          Participant

@boomer – I totally agree. Gong's Radio Gnome Trilogy is brilliant. Three superb original albums. Great music, whacky lyrics, hippie madness. And a multicultural cross-pollination of sounds that just blows me away every time.

@Tomcat – I was wondering the same. It's possible the om riff will be blasting out of two venues in different parts of London at the same time on Friday evening. Enjoy You. A Sprinkling of Clouds might just be my favourite on that album, but Master Builder comes a very close second. All this great music past and present – just goes to show … You never blow yr trip forever. ;)

Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

The Glorious Om Riff a.k.a. Master Builder! Welcome to the club, MP – after Invisible Opera Company of Tibet, Ozric Tentacles, Acid Mothers Temple and probably a lot more MP are part of the Om Riff Cover Conspiracy.

As a once diehard Gong fan I can only welcome this new facette to the ever growing MP covers and citations kaleidoscope.

Gong – wow. I’m now a gonghead. Thanks!

fuzzrules
              Participant

Anyone noticed that one of MP's big heroes Sun Ra will be playing Tivoli in Utrecht at the exact same time but a different room, this coming Sunday? They are celebrating their band leader Marshall Allen's 95th (!) birthday with this tour. Imagine if they could jam somehow….In any case wouldn't be surprised if MP calls in sick to secretly attend their concert :)

Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

The Crucible tour 2019 could be dubbed the "parallel gigs" tour – Gong, Sun Ra, Magma in october…

Phoots Flower
                  Participant

13.09.2019 – ES Donostia, Dabadaba

14.09.2019 – ES Madrid, Get Mad

15.09.2019 – ES Avilés, Factoría Cultural

fillmore
                    Participant

What's the source for the Spanish tour dates? A quick online search did not yield any results / verfication. Thanks!

Punj Lizard
                      Participant

Now that the spring tour is over, I figured we could do with an update on the current listings for the rest of the year. This is just copied from the previous page, but updated for the Spanish dates.

28.06.2019 – NO Trondheim, Trondheim Rocks

31.07.2019 – NO Trondheim, Byscenen / Olavsfestdagene – Motorpsycho with friends

10.08.2019 – NO Oslo, Øyafestivalen – Motorpsycho with friends

13.09.2019 – ES Donostia, Dabadaba

14.09.2019 – ES Madrid, Get Mad Festival

15.09.2019 – ES Avilés, Factoría Cultural

20.09.2019 – GR Athens, Fuzz Club

28.09.2019 – DK Odense, Posten

29.09.2019 – DE Bremen, Schlachthof

30.09.2019 – NL Amsterdam, Paradiso Noord

01.10.2019 РDE K̦ln, Gloria

03.10.2019 – LU Luxembourg, den Atelier

08.10.2019 – CH Zürich, Rote Fabrik

15.10.2019 – DE Frankfurt am Main, Mousonturm

16.10.2019 – DE Leipzig, Conne Island

17.10.2019 – DE Berlin, Festsaal Kreuzberg

18.10.2019 – NL Hengelo, Metropool

19.10.2019 – NL The Hague, Paard

05.12.2019 – NO Tromsø, Driv

Juergen
                        Participant

Good idea, Punji!

I am still wondering about the "hole" between October 3rd and October 15th because there is only one date inbetweeen (Zürich October 8th). Will they play France, Belgium, Austria or Southern Germany? Or Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenjia?

pfnuesel
                          Participant

Italy?

paolinogrande001
                            Participant

No traditional, last two weeks in December, pre-Christmas-concert in Trondheim announced yet?

cloudhawker
                              Participant

In other, non-confirmed news for any UK friends out there, how soon is soon? Just a few months as it turns out. When the bloke from the record shop ends the post-gig interview at Flashback Records with the usual "hope to see you back in England again soon" greetings, Bent replies "Hopefully in September…, October…, something like that?" while looking at Snah for confirmation. UK twice in one year, that's breaking new ground as well, isn't it?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 311 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994