Motorpsycho live 2022

Home Forums General Motorpsycho live 2022

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    ThorEgil
    Participant

@bernie – I have been to Lanzarote. Only sand and rocks. Sand and rocks – and no Motorpsycho.

Until now. They will have to play a concert there once a year to get some proper concert film footage.

ThorEgil
      Participant

Oh, and I saw Stickman published a teaser video on instagram and fb for the -COSMOCTOPI OVER EUROPE 2022- tour.

Italy is among the countries listed in there.

suntripper
        Participant

Loved your work, bernie, and it just seemed to keep getting better and better. So grateful to you!

There's only one thing for it. Motorpsycho will have to go and play Lanzarote!

Here's something to provoke your imagination regarding how you could combine live footage with scenes of the island (God bless Harold Budd):

Good luck with everything!

boomer former helm
          Participant

@ThorEgil, yes that little snippet is really cool and very different…

Punj Lizard
            Participant

@ThorEgil and Boomer

The teaser also contains a cheekily pixelated Roger Dean Gentle Giant octopus.

harry
              Participant

Thanks Bernie!

boomer former helm
                Participant

@Punj Lizard, oh thats quite interesting. Never heard of him, neither of this band.

Punj Lizard
                  Participant

@boomer – Roger Dean is an artist with a very distinctive style who has created album covers for numerous artists, but is most associated with Yes. He created the cover for Gentle Giant's album Octopus. GG were a popular and critically acclaimed 70s progressive rock band. The cover is viewable here: Gentle Giant – Octopus

boomer former helm
                    Participant

@Punj: Oh ok, thats interesting. The Yes covers are familiar with me, as I listen to their earlier stuff a lot, just was not into the name of the artist behind the covers. Thank you :)

Wulf
                      Participant

Tour dates updated with Italian dates:

07.04.2022 – NO Tromso, Driv

08.04.2022 – NO Trondheim, Verkstedhallen

09.04.2022 – NO Alesund, Terminalen

19.04.2022 – NO Bergen, Kulturhuset

20.04.2022 – NO Stavanger, Folken

21.04.2022 – NO Oslo, Sentrum Scene

29.04.2022 – SE Malmö, Plan B

30.04.2022 – DK Copenhagen, Stairway

02.05.2022 – DE Hamburg, Markthalle

03.05.2022 – DE Hannover, Faust

04.05.2022 – DE Berlin, Festsaal Kreuzberg

05.05.2022 – DE Bremen, Schlachthof

06.05.2022 – DE Köln, Stollwerck Gloria

07.05.2022 – NL Nijmegen, D'roosje Sonic Whip

08.05.2022 – NL Groningen, Vera

09.05.2022 – NL Amsterdam, Paradiso Noord

11.05.2022 – CH Fribourg, Fri-Son

12.05.2022 – IT Padova, Hall

13.05.2022 – IT Nonantola, Vox Club

15.05.2022 – IT Trezza sull'Adda, Live Club

17.05.2022 – IT Torino, Hiroshima Mon Amour

18.05.2022 – AT Wien, Flex

19.05.2022 – CH Winterthur, Salzhaus

21.05.2022 – DE Reutlingen, Franz K

22.05.2022 – DE München, Backstage

23.05.2022 – DE Dresden, Beatpol

24.05.2022 – DE Bielefeld, Forum

25.05.2022 – BE Arlon, Entrepot

07.08.2022 – CH Val de Bagnes, Palp Festival

23.09.2022 – BE Leuven, Het Depot

fillmore
                        Participant

Fantastic :-) First leg starts in a week!

boomer former helm
                          Participant

Oh yes, I cant wait :MPD:

Punj Lizard
                            Participant

So excited! By the time I get to the first of my two shows for this tour (Bremen and Köln) it will have been 2 years and 7 months since the last one. Moreover, the band have released two double albums in the meantime and reportedly have at least two more album's worth of material in production. I would love to speculate on what they might play, but there are three tracks in particular that I'm hoping they play: NOX, and the two new spacey songs whose names I can't remember but which were premiered as Ny Lang and Ny Halvlang. Of course the bottom line is that I'll just be happy to be there, whatever they play. Does anyone else have hopes and dreams for the setlists?

Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

@ Punj Lizard: Yes, it's been a long time. Therefore lots of material to perform – and some never performed before south of Norway or east of Belgium. Yet I would appreciate MP concentrate on latest developments and do not play the N.O.X. monster at every – or any second – show. Though it is a great piece it has been performed rather often in the past 30 months and therefore can get a little tiring sometimes.

What I do expect (and will therefore most certainly be disappointed by the never to be defined living experience that is MP) is the two long spacey pieces "Ancient Astronauts" and "Azrael".

What I would really love is an extended acoustic set – probably not necessarily at the beginning of the gigs – featuring Songs from "Oblivion" and acoustic reworkings of some classics – probably even an abbreviated acoustic "Chien d'Espace" and/or some unexpected cover versions of 60/70s classics in the acoustic vein. (Just the opposite of what they did to "Spin Spin Spin" live, making it another reincarnation of Purple's "Hush").

At present I'm very much in the "John Barleycorn" mood – probably the alltime best acoustic (folk) song ever done by any rock band. Therefore: Let there be "songs from the wood"! (Or am I just blueberry daydreaming?)

Wulf
                                Participant

Motorpsycho might currently have one of the biggest live-repertoires in their history. So I hope that there will be very different setlists again. Of course, there will always be something from the last two albums, which only a few of us have been able to experience live so far. Mixed with oldies, which the planned releases of Maiden Voyage and I think Lobotomizer could bring with them. And of course one or the other new piece that will let us dive deeper into the future Motorpsycho cosmos. I am very excited and look forward to many great live hours and to meeting up with many of you again. Only one more month!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 216 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994