Osnabrueck 2014-04-22

Home Forums General Osnabrueck 2014-04-22

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Spacebandit
    Participant

Two hours fourty minutes of real pure brainstorming…

here's what me an a real expert from norway felt like the setlist is…

Jig is up

HBM Sequence # 1 (Sleep/Lacuna/Scissors/IMS/Spin/Sleep again)

STG

Serpentine

Sail on

HELLHOG (!!!)

Year Zero (!!!!!!!!)

Waiting game

Watersound

Junior

Feedtime

– Encore –

Big black dog

HBM # 2

Nice place and cool people in Osnatown, but I don't need BARRICADES to feel.

Guess Rosenhof or Forum would've been a nicer place to see them. Or Sputnik in Münster?

boomer former helm
      Participant

wow, great setlist. looking forward dresden, köln and the other shows i can attend :-)

Setlist-Osnabruumlck-22.4.2016.jpg

According to this setlist "Nothing To Say" was planned, but not played!

Year Zero and Hell->Hogwash? And Watersound? What a set.

Be
        Participant

My impressions from yesterday:

When I arrived, I thought "Oh no, what a Hillbilly out of town disco bunker!", but the venue is acually alright. Sound was good (but for my ears (with protection) way too loud especially towards the end of the show) and it was not packed, very comfy.

Nice mix of old and new songs. My personal highlights: Junior, Waiting Game, Watersound, Feedtime and HBM 2. Liked the gig way better than Hamburg last year. Sometimes this all out rock stomping gets a bit boring for me, although the Hogwash riff never fails to bring a smile to my face! When they played Jr. I thought "That's what I miss a bit in recent years: These fine somewhat poppier tunes that they have written over the years."

Year Zero is becoming my new Go to California. I have just heard it to much over the years at MPs shows. Would have really liked Superstooge instead.

Big Black Dog does not impress me much. Bent's screaming just doesn't do it for me. HBM 2 is really good, though! Great buildup and diversity!

All in all, I am still sorry that they didn't play the Schlachthof in Bremen this tour (Jazzahead festival taking up all clubs in Bremen), but I am glad I went to Osnabrück instead.

Year Zero again? = D'oh!

Spacebandit
          Participant

Guess there might be something nice up on DIME in a few minutes…

Tusen Takk Psychonautic Band for this epic and the tears in my eyes which pulled

out from my heart during YZ…unbelievable moments…

It might be a strange critique, but what i didn't like about the concert was that there was quite a lot of "ambient light" before the stage, this spoiled the light show from the stage a bit. Apart from that: great evening!

I've noticed that there where two audience-facing mics on the stage.. Is this a common thing at MP shows or are they currently recording live footage for some project (lp/dvd)?

Juergen
            Participant

Motorpsycho have regularly recorded their Shows in the past. A previous sound engineer (Pidah Kloos) told me and some other fans that they started recording every Show in 1993. I don't know if they continued those recordings after a new sound engineer started his work. I can remember seeing microphones regularly at shows.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994