Rockefeller 14/10/09

Home Forums General Rockefeller 14/10/09

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Quote: PS(When will next time be? Thought I heard Bent say that it will be a long time before they play here again as he exited the stage!!??)

Yeah, whats with the Rockefeller-hating lately?

So you heard it as well? (Read the other post where The Hadeland Man thought I heard wrong)

Anyway: This was the best MP show I have seen in many years. And I will see the next show as well.

Why not play at Sentrum Scene?? I have seen a couple of good shows there(Seigmen destroyed MP there sometime in 95-96?)i think Sentrum is a beautiful venue, and I have witnessed some of my favourite concerts there( Rage against the machine and Primus). Would love to see MP play there again. (I know Sentrum and Rockefeller is run by the same people……….) but anyway……….

supernaut
    Participant

nice set, nice clips. of course with the odd idiot shouting in Year Zero. i wonder if i ever get to hear Glow live.

i just realized that they probably won’t ever play the LLM suite again… i mean it’d take about 30min off a setlist. buried now. like the k9 suite. sad. i don’t mind the k9 but LLM…

jtr
      Participant

Sounds like a great setlist…hm….need MP this year, dammit. :/

I forgot to say that I think Kenneth has taken Motorpsycho to another level. They way things have turned out makes me think it was a good thing for Motorpsycho that Geb quit.

Regarding the “long time till we visit Rockefeller again” comment, I thought it was something like that as well. They will be playing with Rikskonsertene next year that will consume some time of course. Maybe that’s why? Anyway, Sentrum is SO much better. I’d love to see MP there next time.

Reinseth
        Participant

I agree about Kenneth. He was a god behind that drumset. It’s a long time since I’ve been in awe of any drumming, but that was just amazing! And it’s good to see him and Bent playing so tight.

Which is exactly why he shouldn’t be trained (coaxed? coerced? bribed?) to do parlor tricks on the synth. That Jethro Tull-esque toodling during Bedroom Eyes was just wrong.

Correction, Bedroom Eyes in its entirety was just wrong!

[/quote]Which is exactly why he shouldn’t be trained (coaxed? coerced? bribed?) to do parlor tricks on the synth. That Jethro Tull-esque toodling during Bedroom Eyes was just wrong.

Correction, Bedroom Eyes in its entirety was just wrong!

Well, Little lucid you, I’m so glad it’s MP who makes decitions concerning their live shows, and not you.

I personally found “bedroom eyes” and “feel” as nice additions in this absolutely great concert. Best i’ve seen them since 98/99, I think. Even thou I haven’t heard COTF yet, I got goosebumps during the “new songs”.

@alex: I haven’t been to exited about liv versions of Kill Devil Hills earlier either, ( really like it on the album) but this one was absolutely fabulous. Much higher tempo, harder rocking all the way. LOVED IT!!

The concert at Rockefeller was great.. i travelled to Bergen and noticed they will be playing here tonight so bought tickets and really looking forward to it. Will be the first time i see them two times in one tour :D ! HOpe for some other songs than at Oslo. Starts in one hour. wooooo

Devotional
          Participant
            Quote:
            gusse: I forgot to say that I think Kenneth has taken Motorpsycho to another level. They way things have turned out makes me think it was a good thing for Motorpsycho that Geb quit.

Ain’t that the truth? And can you believe that Kenneth was in a car crash four weeks ago (he couldn’t even hold a drumstick for days), and played these 3 gigs with whiplash?

I must admit I didn’t care for his playing at all on the first gig I saw him do with MP (it was too loose and sloppy), and I still can’t get into most of his drumming on LLM, but he has just flourished lately. His playing on COTF is great, and the two times I’ve seen him live this year has been mindblowing. He was amazing at the Pstereo festival, and he was magic at Rockefeller – even with a whiplash.

fillmore
            Participant

Where did you learn that thing about the car crash?

Devotional
              Participant
                Quote:
                fillmore: Where did you learn that thing about the car crash?

Through the engineer of their new album. I record some stuff for one of his labels. Didn’t know that was somewhat inside info, though I noticed nobody had pointed it out. Somebody drove into his car from behind. I’m sure you can talk to Kenneth about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994