Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release)

Home Forums General Timothy’s Moster 4CD-Box (2010 Re-Release)

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author

> mountain and another ugly 10″ vinyl,

> or the “Another Ugly Mountain Ep” 2×10″ gatefold recordset for that matter

Problem is: WOV has the rights.

That will be a problem with Demon Box reissue too.

We should start collecting money to buy the MP related copyrights from WOV and give them back to MP. How much money will that be, 50 000- 100 000 NOK?

Quote:
    We should start collecting money to buy the MP related copyrights from WOV and give them back to MP. How much money will that be, 50 000- 100 000 NOK?

That is an excellent idea! We should set something up, if it’s even remotely possible.

Greets,

Thomas

TM review in Dagens Næringsliv (norwegian financial newspaper) today. The reviewer thinks TM sounds a bit dated, unfinished and youthfully unsophisticated. He adds “But maybe this is some of the point?” The reviewer says he’d rather listen to Heavy Metal Fruit. He adds that he finds joy in songs like Watersound and Golden Core, but doubts that TM will win a lot of new, young listeners. TM is according to the reviewer more of a generation thing.

kjellepelle
    Participant
      kjellepelle
      Participant

More prais from Arild Rønsen:

http://arildronsen.no/7289.html

kjesso
        Participant

The Monster re-entered the Norwegian charts at number 7, which must be a lot higher than in 1994.

http://lista.vg.no/show_list.php?ListsOp=showWeek&listID=2

E

supernaut
          Participant

don’t think they’ll ever overtake roger whittaker. he’s the man.

kjesso
            Participant

This is not confirmed, but I recently heard a rumour that Roger Whittaker would close next year’s Øya festival, performing his 1978 classic “The Roger Whittaker Christmas Album”.

good news: the article kjellepelle posted confirms there will be more mp-reissues. even though none are planned as of yet, and kristoffersen stresses the band does not own the rights to the pre-timothy albums.

Just got the box today! What a treasure trove this is. see, stuck here on the other coast, I know absolutlely nothing about MP’s history. I have everything they’ve relesed and the bits I picked up from Wiki and “Motorfix” But finally; “…copious liner notes”. My realationship with TM has been my discovery of the band. The more Timothy’s Monster I got, the bigger MP became a part of my listening. I first heard the US version and listened to it for a long gtime. Imagine my joy when I first heard Giftland from the Norwegian version. Still one of my favorites. Then I picked up a vinyl box set when I went to Europe in 2008 to see them live. Now the box. Gotta tell you, I love the original. Wierd without the Wheel, but TM 0 is amazing. Innersfree was a revalation with it’s awesome Crimson middle section. Mostly I guess it was the removal of the Hardcore that changed the direction. MP’s diversity it what makes them so amazing to me and they have no more diverse release than Timothy’s Monster. And now, it’s even more so!

My deepest gratitude to MP. This is what makes music all worth-while. Thank you.

Jeff C. (Seattle Psychonaut)

Quote:
              TM is according to the reviewer more of a generation thing.

I think some reviewers need to consider that other generations suck. I mean today’s top 40 rock is so hellish. I have no idea how rock will get back on track. I’m doubting that there will ever be a 90’s type revive except possibly a few underground bands that remain local

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994