Verkstedhallen, 24 May 2017

Home Forums General Verkstedhallen, 24 May 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    TAF
    Participant

Anyone attending the gig tonight? Probably a lot of new stuff in the track list.

boomer former helm
      Participant

I am also really looking forward some feedback ;)

kjellepelle
        Participant

Some new stuff, some old stuff, plan #1, Year Zero and Vortex Surfer amongst the older more familiar stuff.

Rolf
          Participant

Full setlist:

In every dream there is a dream of something else *

Kill Devil Hills >

She Left On The Sun Ship

new song

Hell, part 1-3

Year Zero

new song

Lacuna/Sunrise >

Spin, Spin, Spin

On a plate

Mantrick Muffin Stomp

Plan #1

Ship of Fools **

Vortex Surfer

Here Be Monsters

* I think that's what they sing in the chorus, and I believe that's what it was introduced as at the rehearsal gig.

** Bent introduced it as "Ship of Fools". Not the Grateful Dead song.

Rolf
            Participant

Personal notes and thoughts:

Great gig, inspired and with lots of energy! The boys seemed to be really excited, and overall it was a great gig! Tomas has found his place in the band, and can play both old and new songs. Bent & Snah seems to be very energized and happy with the new drummer. Bent mentioned that the mixing of the new album was finished very recently (I think he said last night?). Also, the sound at the venue was (most of the time) really really good!

As I have only heard the new songs once or twice (this gig + the rehearsal gig), they haven't really clicked with me yet, but "Ship of Fools" was really great. I'm sad they didn't play "Intrepid Explorer" which was the last song they played at the rehearsal gig. I really liked that one.

Also, it was Tomas' birthday! After the encore break they served him chocolate cake and got the audience to sing a birthday song. The cake was then distributed amongst the audience. And he played the encore wearing a birthday crown :)

Highlights according to me:

Kill Devil Hills – great version!

Year Zero – grew to great heights!

Lacuna/Sunrise – enough said! Fantastic version.

Plan #1 – so beautiful, amazing.

Ship of Fools – great new song!

Vortex Surfer – beautiful, amazing, ABOUTHEPAAAAAAAAAIIINNN!

Here Be Monsters – about 23 minutes, grew to monstrous proportions!

Tomcat
              Participant

Thank you Rolf for the review and details. Exciting! Didn't expect to see so many (old) songs, looks like minimum 2h+ which is great for a first "real" show. "Anything goes, everything's possible" it seems. Oh Yeah they can! :MPD:

Krist Rampage
                Participant

Yes thank you Rolf! Exciting indeed. How where the new songs? Surprised to see HBM in the setlist. And Vortex Surfer!

boomer former helm
                  Participant

Thx Rolf. Great that they play HBM and Lacuna/Sunrise and even She left on a sun ship 8O So excited seeing them live again. Have to wait patiently….

ThorEgil
                    Participant

Here's the setlist as spotted on the stagefloor. So the other two new songs would be The Cuckoo and Mantric. Loud, proggy and in your face.

An absolute killer of a concert. Can't remember last time I saw this kind of energy streaming from the band. And Tomas – he has a completely different approach to the music than Kenneth, leaving more room for the others.

34881916815_ddc668e39d_b.jpg

kjesso
                      Participant

@thoregil: Just to point out the obvious – the two other new songs must be The Cuckoo and The Tower. Which, of course, is what you intended to write.

tkm
                        Participant

Agree with Thor Egil's comments. I wasn't a big fan of the "play the whole album"-thing on Here be monsters tour. Totally different band yesterday. I think they played for about 2 hours an 35 minutes.

ThorEgil
                          Participant

@kjesso – Ah, yes, obviously. Woke up to a leaking aquarium today so I'm a little off.

Blashyrkh
                            Participant

What is BTFBL on the setlist?

ThorEgil
                              Participant

That is a new song "In every dream there is a dream of something else" as mentioned by Rolf above.

I don't remember them actually presenting any title during the show.

Ship of Fools was introduced by name.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994