dsoe

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12096

I think it was a great concert. I have seen supersilent around 5 or 6 times, and i have seen motorpsycho at least 10 times. I haven´t seen motorspycho this free and at the same time this good. I actually did not miss “progression, dynamics and ideas”, I think it was way more diverse an dynamic than any of the motorpsycho jams i have witnessed along the years. Just because it didnt have a steady beat or a time signature it doesn´t mean it lacks structure.

As for Supersilent, I have not heard anything as groovey and straightforward as this on any record or concert, but it was still very good. I have always had a problem vith Arve Henriksen when i have seen Supersilent, and espesially his drumming, witch i didn´t find suiting with Jarle Vespestas drumming. But last night, together with Kapstad, i think it matched perfectly. His voice was also an awesome element in yesterdays consert. I think Henriksen was the one onstage who pulled the band in new and interesting directions.

All in all it was as expected. :)

in reply to: January new album!!! #15002

The album was boring at first listen on the internet-stream, but with the vinyl at a high volume i was totaly blown away. Then again on my ipod on my way to work, i kinda´ lost interest, and only noticed the kind of boring and “generic” riffing.. and Bent´s not so nice vocals(the ones where he tends to squeel like a pig or pronounce words like “Eyes” like it´s written in norwegian). But back at the stereo i´m blown away again.

I figure this album needs attention and good sound…

Love the Hukkelberg-vocals!

in reply to: January new album!!! #14977

Peronaly i think Bomb-Proof is awesome. The

Quote:
    “no good noodling”in the middle.]

is perfct if you ask me…

in reply to: January new album!!! #14854

The leak is awful! Ruined my first impression of the record. I strongly regret not waiting for the real deal, but i was way to exited, so i had to take a sneakpeak. Fuck!

in reply to: Your band #15354

My band Kambodsja, is kind of hardcore/rock/noise/prog or something. I play bass and do most of the vocals. Not a very obvious motorpsycho influence maby, but i promise you, it´s there…

in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15704

me to wants one… pliiis!

in reply to: Last.fm – Music taste #14631
    in reply to: The Motorpsycho Picture Thread #13080

very nice art mats72

in reply to: Child of the Future Lyrics #13527

Nice to get some words. I always heard “Stoneage lesbo” at the start of ozzy. I obviously knew it was wrong, but i couldn´t help hearing it nontheless. pretty irritating.

in reply to: Child of the future – Mp3 #13422

If you have the record/record player/computer, why don´t you just record it on to your computer?

All you need is a “minijack to phono cable” Tape out on your amp, line in on your computer. use garageband(mac)/soundrecorder(windows) etc. Divide songs and convert to mp3. A child (of the future) could do it!

Took aprox. 40 min. And i got to listen a great album while i did the job. sounds ok too! Not as good as from the recordplayer of course…

in reply to: Slottsfjell, anyone? #12954

The Little Hands of Asphalt

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12273

And: didnt they also play No Evil? :-)

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12270

Also i think Bent was a big ass.

He soulden´t have adressed/blamed the entire crowd for one idiot`s idiotic actions. I understand him beeing pissed at this, but he shouldent open a show with naging at the entire crowd. The entire mood was killed.

I think he should have started off with a nicer greeting and then adressed the person who threw the beer. Then I think it would be more legit to be threatening to cancel the show if this happens again.

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12269

I´m pretty shure Year Zero was in there somewhere, and i think the first “new song” was a new version of Sideway Spiral.

Maby Sideway Spiral III.

Personaly I thought it lacked a litle energy, but it could be just me expecting it to be “Sideway spiral II”, witch kicks muthafrickin` ass, and not beeing able to appreciate the new version.

I thought the show was good, but it had some small disapontments. “You Loose” was kind of buoouoring. (uuuouo uoouo), and the new songs was a bit hard to get the hold on (even though they seemed pretty cool).

But “LLM”, “Year Zero”, “Nerve Tattoo” and “Walking on the water” was top notch.

Kapstad wasn´t as energetic as the previous shows i have attended, but seeing him play a mindblowing set with monolithic only 2 hours earlier may explane the minor lack of energy.

All in all a super-motorpsyadelic experience.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994