The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #37981
    The Other Anders
    Participant

The new albums are piling up! The Tower took me a couple of years to fully digest. The Crucible is probably peaking in these ears right about now, though the title track is still growing, and I just recently was able to pop the lid on TAIO. Haha, what a luxury "problem". I start to wonder what I can do to pay them back just a fraction of what they give me. One is for sure: This life would not have been the same without Motorpsycho. I feel so blessed.

in reply to: Another MP Database! #36908
      The Other Anders
      Participant

I love both of them. Please keep up the good work, both of you! Thanks :MPD:

in reply to: RIP Torsten Walker #37599
        The Other Anders
        Participant

I also met Torsten for the first time in 2001, I think, unless I met him already in Köln or Darmstadt in 2000.

I still remember that stay at his place in 2002. We warmed up to the gig listening to among other things the Kassel 1997 recording, which was news to these ears. I was amazed it existed, and in pretty decent quality too, which is rare for the 90's audience recordings. It's still to this day the best recording from the 1997 fall tour. I don't know/remember who he got it from, but Torsten was a well-connected collecter who unearthed many recordings back in the day and put them into circulation. I think it also was Torsten who told us about this guy he knew about in nearby city Darmstad who has recorded every MP concert there to DAT for his own private use only. Darmstadt is one of the magic MP cities, for those who are not aware, and it's a must to attend alongside the likes of Bremen, Bielefeld and Leipzig. I am still hoping for those recordings to be shared with The Family one beautiful day.

Later we went to the venue and got inside for the soundcheck. The band had had two off-days, of which the first had been spent traveling from the cancelled Bilbao gig to Mannheim, while the second had been spent partying. A night of heavy drinking on top of two weeks on the road had taken its toll. Bent was so hung over that he laid down on his back playing his bass during the whole soundcheck, complaining he was so sick that he might have to puke.

In the hours between soundcheck and doors Torsten took us for dinner at a local place. When we returned, Bent was back on his feet, and the band delivered one of their more jammed out mellow evenings, starting out with Torsten's favorite, On My Pillow. I still remember the broad, characteristic smile on his face when he turned to me in recognition.

That is how I will remember Torsten Walker. A good man.

Rest in peace.

in reply to: Death Defying Unicorn #37255
          The Other Anders
          Participant

@Mefisto: Here is something to ruin your week, too…

Out of the Woods / The Hollow Lands from Lausanne 2012.

You're welcome :lol:

in reply to: Death Defying Unicorn #37252
            The Other Anders
            Participant

Orgelfest Stavanger 2013. Although not the complete album, it has some of the central pieces.

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37155
              The Other Anders
              Participant

What about making it available as a torrent through Motortrades? Then at least many of us hardcore fans who cannot get our hands on it can get to hear it.

I would not suggest this for an official release, but would it really be over the line in this particular case?

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37148
                The Other Anders
                Participant

I think this way of doing things is utter bullshit. It kills the joy of collecting. And no, I don't see why you stateside fans shall have this ONE. It's not like the European releases are Europe only, is it? Why only stateside fans? Especially today when it's all over the internet in a split second. "Let's see your pics once this hits your turn table!". Hrmf.

in reply to: Ole Paus & Motorpsycho Gud bevare landsbyen min #36881
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

"Tack" is Swedish. "Takk" is Norwegian. :wink:

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36441
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

A neat two camera job with good sound. I wish they would go back to stage lights like this. Love that embryonic Superstooge, only third time played. Also early versions of Vortex Surfer and Dr. Hofmann's Bicycle, a radical middle section in Un Chien and a very rare Sterling Says only played this one time in 1997 and again once in 2013. Great find!

in reply to: Leipzig Conne Island 16.10.2019 #36262
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

What a setlist. Great clips, intense Tower.

in reply to: 2019-10-13 Viper Theatre Firenze #36217
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

Thanks Wulf, glad to see you were there :D

Quite different setlists now compared to the beginning of this tour…

in reply to: 2019-10-03 Luxembourg, Den Atelier #36146
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Please, tell me that someone recorded this and will record the Benelux dates!

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34083
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

@Deadnautpsychohead: I feel and do exactly the same. It gets increasingly difficult to stay focused on work, and even though I already saw my one concert this fall, I have a craving for more.

in reply to: 28.09.2019 – DK Odense, Posten #36098
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

I brought three people with me for whom Copenhagen 2019 was their first MP concert. All three liked Odense even better.

I myself can't really say which one was the best. Only five songs from Copenhagen were repeated in Odense, which is cool of corpse, and in energy and setlist alike last night reminded me more of the onslaught of Lausanne.

And still, it is amazing to witness this version of the band re-invent themselves and songs old and new again and again. Seven songs were the same in Lausanne and Odense, but guitar duties were shared differently, there were different approaches, new sounds, new jams and solos.

All of this is of course old news to people reading this forum, but who else would listen and understand?

I hope all of you get to see at least one of the upcoming concerts. The band is on tremendous form.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35968
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

Yes, I picked up a copy. It's heavy, beautiful and sealed. Only had cash for one, so haven't opened it, since I promised to pick it up for a friend.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994