JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Participant

That was wonderful, so lucky I checked the forum (only at 20.30) and read Thor's post about the streaming. Wonderful sounds came from God's womb tonight.

Hope this will be available to rewatch in some form

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37170
      JERO
      Participant

"bent like crazy" not to mention snah-ed madly and tomassed about ?!

in reply to: The All Is One #37397
        JERO
        Participant

Aha! Eureka! :idea:… These speculations about the meaning of the songtitles really NOX me out! Have been pondering 'Ascension' ; I was thinking of John Coltrane ( a distant forefather of Glenn Branca), his 1965 'Ascension' was a big band freejazz exploration, set up in a way MP might have done for a big piece with some guest musicians. But surely ascension means also simply going upstairs to your man's cave, or in the case of Jesus going 'up' to 'his Father's' realm. Personally I guess MP are refering to the mancave, they must have foreseen the months of isolation to come… :idea: :D

in reply to: The All Is One #37372
          JERO
          Participant

Friends, I am glad we have something substantial to discuss again on this forum! Now if we could only have live concerts like we used to……………(craving, craving)

Good to read everybody back in town!

in reply to: Motorpsycho Artwork #37350
            JERO
            Participant

I think the artwork overall reflect both their being from that certain timeperiod (of course unavoidable) and a kind of growing up of MP to maybe being a bit more mature force of art/music.

Like Johnny I like most of it through the years, but regarding HBM I see the part two sleeve more fitting to the actual here be monsters song, and the cover for the first part cd/lp is the only MP cover art I dislike, to bleak for such a collection of moods the music brings i.m.o. It always seemed to me K.H. got a big 'carte blanche' from the band for the cover art, and you could follow him on a designers' journey through ideas, colors,it had a kind of punky attitude (my favorite: the sleeve/inner sleeve/fold out poster for Child of the Future). The recent cover art with the Gulvag paintings, i.m.o. brings more reflection, even philosophy into the whole presentation,for me they work like an extra track to absorb, but through the eyes instead of the ears. Still, I would like the art, after this 'trilogy' of albums to be different and surprising once more (twice, thrice more etc!)for this is MP, the ever refreshing well of ideas (and styles)! And b.t.w. I think it was hilarious last tour they came up with those cartoon-styled t-shirts, never take yourself too seriously, excellent!

in reply to: Open rehearsal with Ole Paus and Motorpsycho #37118
              JERO
              Participant

Indeed! I prefer a stage setting with props like these to the nowadays in-your-face lightshows with sometimes barely noticable background projection of recent MP gigs I attended. There was a Dutch band in the eighties called Sammy America's MAM that used to perform in pyjamas with table lamps as stage-lighting, it used to give a truly homey and absurdistic effect (this band live kicked ass by the way).

ThorEgil; I don't know a lot about photography but I'm curious, gigs where the audience is bombed with light instead of the band performing on stage, is that problematic when you're working to get good images? (or maybe digital technique solves that?)

in reply to: Open rehearsal with Ole Paus and Motorpsycho #37116
                JERO
                Participant

Thank you guys for the report and pictures on this. So good to see a potted (pot?) plant up there on stage with them. I always put mine on top of the speakers, as it is a known fact plants enjoy sound vibrations, especially from music with powerful bass, so it's clear they must be psychonauts by nature. Yep, plants & psychonauts, and music to make the juices flow.

Guess MP won't be taking O.P. along touring Europe, but I hope there will be some registration of the gig coming up, I haven't yet gotten into the music yet a lot (knee deep in VanDerGraaf territory these weeks) but these guys will always come up with something sincere & worthwhile.

in reply to: VIDEO: Un Chien d’Espace @ Konserthuset 2017 #36998
                  JERO
                  Participant

Thank you. Scary!

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36445
                    JERO
                    Participant

@supernaut I imagine all of us psychonauts counting down the last 10 seconds aloud and then…..nothing/all ! Made me laugh out loud, this is Motorpsycho, the greatest band in the world and yet sometimes so modest. Guess it was up to us to perform some private ritual, so I opened a big bottle of beer, shook out some extra long hairs and did not clip my beard. Obladi, oblada! :lol:

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36443
                      JERO
                      Participant

Amazing material, and fun to watch with Snah looking like Don Van Vliet (but thinner) and Bent like Cousin It and Geb like well ehm, Geb that athlete of the Vikingboat drums. Uh oh, last minutes ticking away right now on the countdown clock, everybody get the fireworks ready! :MPD:

in reply to: INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019) #36839
                        JERO
                        Participant

…hophipping and rapping? Good grieve. The beastie boys they are not. I'm eagerly awaiting results of that Stravinsky and other modern-classical composers influence, though! With their talent for awe-inspiring melodies and power build-ups without bombast that could bring them even beyond the courts of the progrock kings!

in reply to: INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019) #36811
                          JERO
                          Participant

@Johnny Heartfield "the long runway and the lift-off"; what a great way to describe that, I wonder if it's even possible to convey that experience into music-video, I think this can only be experienced live during concert, taking off together with the band into sonic heaven, something all of us surely have experienced. So if there will be MP-virgins that will get the taste from this ueber-documentary, let's all take them along next gig nearby!(as long as they don't stand in the way of Bernie's camera, of course!)

in reply to: INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019) #36777
                            JERO
                            Participant

Wonderful, this has to be the dvd 1 in the great BernieBox :wink:

So nice to have the guys talking about their workprocess, epiphanies and personal music 'education'! There were a lot of moments I had to shout out during watching, for example: like Snah says: never underestimate Knutsen & Ludvigsen, I say Juba to that! Also the concert material is well picked. The only reason I'm writing this post only now is that I had to forward the link to some 30 people first. Wow! This is a landmark of documentation, and a great introduction to MP for newbies as well.

Now I can only hope Snah will find the right hearing aids to continue on for another 30 years…

Bernard, Sam and others involved in this, thank you so much! :MPD:

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36640
                              JERO
                              Participant

:lol: file under 'Hogspinwash thingy' 'Wheelmower thingy' , '4 Madhamster thingy' and so on

in reply to: Roadwork VI – or "what blew our minds on Crucible II"? #36345
                                JERO
                                Participant

Well if there would come a roadwork from this tour, true to the aim of that series, is should be focused on improvisation and deviation from 'regular album' versions. So then stuff like the starhammers, towers, pacific or otherwise sonata's, manmowers etc. makes sense due to their nightly different appearances. There are also songs that are maybe unique to the tour like for madmen only. But as far as the Jigs, all 3 songs from The Crucible, and even fool's gold, however beautiful etc. go, and I'm not saying I didn't loooooove these songs being played, they don't differ too much from the regular album versions. So if they followed that rule it would narrow the choices a bit.

I just bought the Very Big Xmass MP Gift Sock (see hidden peel off/fold out page in the Connaisseur's Catalogue) still stick (man!) to the idea of a deluxe package (vinyls/cd or download or/with dvd with Bernie's work) of the integral Den Haag gig! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994