cloudhawker

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Møster! September 2026 tour #45768
    cloudhawker
    Participant

      I saw them in Oslo a month ago and I will strongly recommend to go if you can at all. They were on fire.

      in reply to: Motorpsycho Merchandise german tour 2026 #45682
      cloudhawker
      Participant

        Have no idea what they bring to Germany, but on the Norwegian leg of the tour this spring they sold a Gaia II Space Corps jigsaw puzzle. Doesn’t get more rock’n roll than that.

        in reply to: Live 2026 #45629
        cloudhawker
        Participant

          In the (often enjoyable) podcast Gammal Maiden (Old (Iron) Maiden – in Norwegian only) earlier this summer, Snah talked a bit about the drummer situation. He said they had practiced a lot with Stian Lundberg (who lives locally) and even recorded a bit with him. Snah didn’t declare him their new drummer, but said that hey all enjoyed more regular rehersals with a drummer and gave the impression that we could expect more Stian involvement in the future

          in reply to: Snah on Gammal Maiden #45574
          cloudhawker
          Participant

            Yes, and also when they for a while sat inside a spektralstein was an excellent piece of everyday surrealism. Good vibes all around.

            in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45460
            cloudhawker
            Participant

              I asked Trøndelag teater but they didn’t actually have the exact Begynnelser dates in their archives. I am guessing here, but the dates probably have to be as follows if we assume they didn’t play on Sundays (38 shows, 6 days a week between Sept 2 and Oct 15):

              Sept 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
              Oct 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

              Pretty intense schedule!

              And repeated twice at Nationaltheatret in Oslo during the Heddadagene theatre festival the following summer, June 9 and 10 2017

              in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45445
              cloudhawker
              Participant

                Yes that’s correct – Øyvind Brandtsegg joined for the 18 gigs in April and May 2006, as well as on the Øya festival gig later that year. Here is Øyvind Brandtsegg’s own notes, including links to some outtakes (3x Un Chien, Triggerman, Sancho Says). He played the Marimba Lumina.

                in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45442
                cloudhawker
                Participant

                  Yes there were 38 Begynnelser gigs at Trøndelag teater between Sep 2 and Oct 15 2016. I don’t know the exact dates, sorry. There was also 2 similar Begynnelser gigs at Nationaltheatret in Oslo the following summer, June 9-10 2017. I believe Tos joined Bent ans Snah on all of them. I suppose the setlist were the same, although in interviews at the time they hinted to small changes and improvisation, as per standard Motorpsycho approach.

                  in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45437
                  cloudhawker
                  Participant

                    Thank you so much! This is beyond awesome!

                    Has it been considered to enter the gigs at Trøndelag teater in 2016 as individual gigs? Now only one is counted (19th Sep), but strictly speaking it would be a seperate “tour” with 38 gigs beween 2nd Sep and 15th Oct I guess?

                    in reply to: Live 2026 #45404
                    cloudhawker
                    Participant

                      This one is going to be a good one. Feat. Kjetil Møster on sax! 13th June.

                      Lyse Netter 12-14 June

                      • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by cloudhawker.
                      in reply to: Live 2026 #45322
                      cloudhawker
                      Participant
                        in reply to: 2026.03.22 – NO, Oslo – Rockefeller #45320
                        cloudhawker
                        Participant

                          Does anyone know how much, if at all, MP themselves are involved in the visuals? If I have understood how they operate, those kind of things tend to be ousourced and whoever does it are given creative license? I seem to remember some interview where they said they were, eh, a bit surprised by Kim Hjortøy’s album cover choices and had no clue what it ‘meant’ but went with it anyhoo?

                          Completely with oherdemon’s reaction on this semi-controversy. I very quickly went back to enthusiastic nodding and totally enjoyed the gig. And there was a lot to enjoy. The sound was very good, a lot of excellent jamming and soloing throughout and has anyone mentioned the singing? Better than I have ever heard I think. I agree that Neotzar haven’t necessarily found it’s final form yet, but it made much more sense here compared to the original album version which has never clicked with me.

                          in reply to: Who wrote this? #45091
                          cloudhawker
                          Participant

                            Haha that would be a great piece of self-mythologizing, wouldn’t it.

                            If so, it is quite the effort.

                            If you want to keep the mystery, don’t bother checking the newspaper or googling the journalist like I did.

                            • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by cloudhawker.
                            in reply to: Live 2026 #45083
                            cloudhawker
                            Participant

                              Bryne, Norway, 19th March

                              Dates keep being added on.

                              in reply to: New release on November 14? #45066
                              cloudhawker
                              Participant

                                Back to the “new release”. Not much detail, but: Preorder 23.01.26

                                in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45036
                                cloudhawker
                                Participant

                                  I am pretty sure if you set up a GoFundMe or similar a few of us would be happy to chip in a tenner each to make sure this awesome resource is available, this year and next. We read you: You should’t bear all the cost alone.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

                                …hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994