suntripper

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    suntripper
    Participant

@Johnny: That’s a real shame. And you just reminded me of the stark difference between the great Tangerine Dream albums and the later stuff that disappointed me so much when I gave it a chance. I scratch my head at the thought that anyone who made Phaedra, Rubicon or the really good early stuff could be satisfied with some of the rubbish put out under the name in more recent times.

Still, I’m glad you enjoyed that clip. I hope you’ll be luckier another time!

@ThorEgil
      @Krist Rampage @theconscience: The Full Earth project ‘kicks ass’, as the young people say. The two live pieces on their YouTube home page are very exciting.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by suntripper.
      in reply to: New Music #42831
      suntripper
      Participant

Lucky Johnny!

I really love this clip. I took the audio from it and often play it in the car. It really rocks!

There is also another clip of another gig somewhere on YouTube (maybe 20 minutes?) where they had to use effects to treat the inferior video to improve it because the audio and the performance was so good. You’ll know it if you come across it.

in reply to: 25.05.2024 – IT, Morbegno – Morborock #42815
        suntripper
        Participant

It’s great that they can pull out a little gem like Quick Fix.

I’m going to say something that probably won’t go down well now. I hope they will soon be dropping three from this set: The Waning, The Tower and Whip That Ghost. I mean, they’re okay, you know, but there are so many other things I would prefer in their place. There. I’ve said it.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42800
          suntripper
          Participant

Wishing Well? Good call. The Roadworks version is one of their finest moments – and one of my first go-tos if I want to try and convince anyone about this band.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42798
            suntripper
            Participant

@Devotional: I couldn’t resist having a crack. I have put together a setlist which is a combination of hope and expectation. I believe everything here qualifies. It has turned out to be very Gebhardt-era heavy. I thought about pacing, where songs should fit into the set and spacing out Snah’s songs. I tried not to look too closely at your lists beforehand but I now see that my setlist contains everything in your lowest odds set except The Nerve Tattoo. I have probably cheated because I expect my set could not really be done in 50 minutes. (It would have to be a very quick trip up the Mountain!) I have no covers in my set but I expect one or two will turn up. Anyway, here goes!

Sinful/Wind-Borne
              Starmelt/Lovelight
              Blueberry Daydream
              Serpentine
              Manmower
              Mountain
              Hyena
              Go to California
              Hey, Jane
              Feel
              Psycholab
              Nothing to Say
              Walking on the Water (You Lied)

in reply to: The Crucible reviews #42790
              suntripper
              Participant

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42786
                suntripper
                Participant

Italian item trailing Morborock:

in reply to: Steve Albini RIP #42776
                  suntripper
                  Participant
                    in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42757
                    suntripper
                    Participant

Okay, so let me make sure I’ve got this right. You’ve got a free Motorpsycho gig one minute’s walk from your house?

FFS.

We in the UK, on the other hand, have not had a visit for five years and even had to endure the trauma of a cancelled mini-tour. Some poor sods had shelled out their hard-earned for trains and hotels.

But we’re not jealous or bitter or anything…

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by suntripper.
                      in reply to: I would just like to say #42744
                      suntripper
                      Participant

Actually, I accept everything you are saying. Yes, it can be funny when someone (a ‘dickhead’ indeed!) comes out with something like that, but, obviously, one is more laughing at them than with them.

And, yes, the uncritical, slavish eulogising of every, single thing the band does can be a bit mind-numbing. Not all of us are like that though, and I don’t mind taking a bit of flak on here. (God knows I’ve had my fair share!) Because the band set a very high bar for themselves, I think it is fair enough to point out the times when they fall short, even if their ‘falling short’ is still something I would rather listen to than a lot of other stuff out there. Don’t the band deserve the honest feedback? That way, no one can be in any doubt what people think when they really do hit the heights.

As for that fold-out? Well, it’s that sort of occult symbolism that is de rigueur, isn’t it? I’m past all that. I don’t need it. As for whether one likes the look of it? That comes back to a matter of taste. For me, there is little appeal there. I am just grateful for the music inside.

I hope you can get that grinder sorted. Sounds nasty.

in reply to: I would just like to say #42742
                        suntripper
                        Participant

If the guy had been witty and amusing, it wouldn’t have been so bad.

in reply to: Psycholab #42733
                          suntripper
                          Participant

Live acoustic version:

Thanks to Michael Green. Good job.

in reply to: Record Store Day release #42706
                            suntripper
                            Participant
                              in reply to: Record Store Day release #42676
                              suntripper
                              Participant

Probably a joke, after “Yay!”

Frankie Howerd fans could probably elaborate further. (Anyone know what the hell I’m talking about? Probably not!)

Just a thought, but the band played at this store last time they were in England. At least one staff member is a Motorpsycho fan (unless he has left), so they might have a copy or two knocking about.

https://flashback.co.uk/

in reply to: The Tower #42642
                                suntripper
                                Participant

A review of The Tower, preceded by a fairly good, potted history of the band up to that point, which might be useful for newbies in need of a quick catch-up.

Death to douchebaggery!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 393 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994