odindahle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    odindahle
    Participant

Hi!

I

s mindblowing.

I cant not hear it as a similiar record to TDDU, because of Kapstad and Kvernberg.

Its really massive, long songs, spaced-out and huge.

I guess I need more time to listen before I throw the dice, but I think it will build alot after a couple of more listens!

odindahle
      Participant

toter panda: Im guessing it was Snah who told you this?

Bent is loud, Kenneth is fast but only Snah is God!

odindahle
        Participant

Agreed supernaut! Alot of drummers nowadays goes for the ultra-simple "less is more" groovy 4/4 playing (Steve Jordan), while others go for "more" playing, but play insanely "clean" grooves and brakes (Gavin Harrison). Thats why Kenneth is my fav. drummer of all times. He don´t follow any rules! And the approach and grooves are insane. He plays in ways I personally would never come up with. And im not talking speed or time signatures, but all the small things in between and the breaks and all.

Im not sure Motorpsycho would still exist if it wasnt for Kenneth, and the way he has evolved Snah and Bent to becomming the band they are today is just great!

But I also agree that on the old "straighter" songs, he tends to overplay a bit. Its fun, but its not necesserily the best all the time!

in reply to: Spellemannprisnominasjon for TDDU #23754
          odindahle
          Participant

Im hoping Motorpsycho, Sundfør, El Caco, Enslaved and Elephant9 w/Reine Fiske win their categories!

odindahle
            Participant

BronYAur: 10 minute long in a live-setting can still become a 4min on a CD.

I´ve heard MP do 4min songs for more than 10min. But as always, I wouldnt speculate to much in what we´ll get, as they always surprise us! But one thing is sure. I´ve liked every single song they´ve made so far, and I dont think this will end up now.

in reply to: The Complete Motorpsycho Discography #23658
              odindahle
              Participant

If you need any info on Kenneth´s drumset(s), cymbals etc. I may help you. He´s my biggest inspiration, and I´ve studied his cymbals and drumgear for many years!

Cool project btw!

in reply to: Promotion Thread – Post your music here #12040
                odindahle
                Participant

drugthing: Really cool! Looking forward to checking out the rest of your stuff on spotify. Any full-length coming up?

(Shout out om dere spiller i Trondheim!)

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO WINTER and SPRING 2013 #23293
                  odindahle
                  Participant

Sold…

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO WINTER and SPRING 2013 #23292
                    odindahle
                    Participant

Btw: Why is Kenneth playing with Oslo Ess? Not his genre at all, and in my opinion it´s really lousy, crappy music. They are good musicians, but the music is shit!

I get that Kenneth plays with God Seed, Monolithic and Martin Hagfors, but Oslo Ess?

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO WINTER and SPRING 2013 #23291
                      odindahle
                      Participant

I got 2 tickets. Can´t attend afterall. And i HATE that i cant!

in reply to: MERRY X-MAS PSYCHONAUTS !!! #23395
                        odindahle
                        Participant

Merry christmas and a motorpsychedelic new year!

Hopefully filled with lots of MP-concerts and releases!!

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO – SUMMER and FALL 2012 #22060
                          odindahle
                          Participant

Really wanna go. But none of my friends (who´s over 20) wanna use their christmas on Motorpsycho….

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO – SUMMER and FALL 2012 #22053
                            odindahle
                            Participant

What? Are Motorpsycho playing at Blæst 28.12??

in reply to: Blissard – 4CD #22853
                              odindahle
                              Participant

I got it today aswell. Listened through the new stuff on the 4th CD and some from the "When The World Sleeps" -tunes. Accompanied by a cold beer. Some weird stuff i´m not sure if i like yet, some stuff that i don´t understand why they never released, and some stuff that sounds pretty awesome from a "first listen" point of view, but deserves a better mix. (sounds like demoes).

Love the finish and the cool fan-stuff inside.

The 3 "reviews/stories" were amazing, and gave the whole album 10 times more meaning. And really explained the 3 other CD´s really good as well! (I was 4 years when Blissard was released, so I really didnt remember much from that time ;)

Summary: GREAT box!

in reply to: nice mp name #23249
                                odindahle
                                Participant

Friend in Norwegian: Venn (if it´s a he) Venninne (if it´s a she)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994