Fiske Boll

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Blitz November 25th #39436
    Fiske Boll
    Participant

Great show!

Highlights for me: The Other Fool through Step Inside. This segment was supertight, escpecially Psychotzar.

LLM was good, but I agree with shakti, Fools Gold was out of this world beautiful. Goosebumps!

And yes, Tomas is certainly the best drummer in MP history.

in reply to: The All Is One #37443
      Fiske Boll
      Participant

I was not overly impressed by TSOR at first as well. Still is'nt I guess. Hoping the album takes me by surpise, and I guess it will.

But suddenly I found my self whist'ling the tune at work. Somehow it has sneaked into my subconscious. Guess it's something in there for me after all.

in reply to: VIDEO: Un Chien d’Espace @ Konserthuset 2017 #37000
        Fiske Boll
        Participant

I was there. Second row. One of my all-time favorite MP-experiences, this version of un chien.

Thank you so much for this.

If I remember correctly, this was the show where some guy danced in front of the stage when they played ship of fools? That was hilarious.

in reply to: A boxful of demons #36762
          Fiske Boll
          Participant

Theres still a few around here and there. Pretty sure Big Dipper has one or two.

in reply to: Sugarfoot – In The Clearing #35791
            Fiske Boll
            Participant

This does not really get the attention it deserves. The vinyl has spinned constantly in my flat. A fantastic record!

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34434
              Fiske Boll
              Participant

Yup, really.

Only got one chance to spin through the record yesterday. First impressions are really good. Of course it could be longer, but we are spoiled after all.

There is a lot to dig into here. Gongs, horns, mellotron, really weird guitar solos with even weirder sounds, great riffs and great melodies.

In parts of track 2 and 3 I get a lot of King Crimson vibes. Flutes and horns and that good ol traktorbass. And that cant be a bad thing, right?

in reply to: The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019) #34431
                Fiske Boll
                Participant

Picked up a nice early surprise at the post office today. First listen now. Promising.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32746
                  Fiske Boll
                  Participant

Who’s singing the intro of Manmower? Kristoffer?

in reply to: 05/05/2016 Wiesbaden, Schlachthof #29397
                    Fiske Boll
                    Participant

Downloaded on dime. Holy smokes, what a spinechilling version of Un Chien. One of the best I've heard.

To whoever who taped and uploaded this, thank you so very much!

in reply to: 02/04/2016 Rockefeller, Oslo #29127
                      Fiske Boll
                      Participant

Excellent show for sure.

Highlights for me: Feedtime for the pure fun of it, Lacuna for the beauty of it, and without a shadow of a doubt, Here Be Monsters. It's just pure beauty. What band besides Motorpsycho can pull off to end a show on a Saturday evening, sold out Rockefeller, with a tune the audience has not heard before… and just totally captivate the crowd. For 20+ minutes. Wow. Jawdropping.

On a bitter note; As a long time fan, seeing the band live at least once a year for 20 years and counting, and NOT get hold of the limited 12" because it sells out… Come on guys. That just plain sucks.

in reply to: Bent interview about the new album…+ :) #29043
                        Fiske Boll
                        Participant

Do you guys remember the EPIC live heavy version of "Close Your Eyes"?

Ended up as a little piano pop tune on HMF, of course.

That would be something for the archives.

in reply to: Grünspan, Hamburg, 27.6.2015 #27989
                          Fiske Boll
                          Participant

Thanks a lot for the recording! Sounds very nice!

I kinda forgot about The Waiting Game, actually had to spend some time to find out on which record it appears. Thought I had full control over the MP discography, not no…

Live version certainly is far mor interesting the the recorded version on COTF. Very decent indeed.

Nice version of Serpentine too.. guess this is the 3rd edition of the song? Whats next? Thrash metal version? Dubstep?

in reply to: Motorpsycho – Behind The Sun (new album 2014) #25875
                            Fiske Boll
                            Participant

I have to agree with Rolf, "Ghost" is one of the highlights on the album for me.

On the minus side:

"Cloudwalker" and "On A Plate." Just not good enough.

On the plus side:

"Kvæstor." Fun stuff. "Entropy" and "The Magic And The Wonder" – seems to be growing on me – not quite sure yet, but MP songs that grows often ends up being among the very best.

"Hell pt 7" – Somebody mentioned before that the live version on the webpage has better sound, and I have to agree. Especially the breakdown part – "take the sex and drugs, but let me keep my rock'n'roll" thing – I think this section is very cool, be nice to hear it live.

On the big plus side.

"Ghost"

"The promise" Took me by surprise. Just really dig it.

"Hell pt 4-6". Worth the record alone. Best thing I've heard in years. I somehow got this warm fuzzy feeling inside the big tummy when "Swiss Cheese Mountain" rolls around. It reminds me a bit of the wheel. Please stretch this one out live.

just my 2 cents

in reply to: let's find all mp music quote #25050
                              Fiske Boll
                              Participant

The Slow Phaseout, anyone?

in reply to: let's find all mp music quote #25048
                                Fiske Boll
                                Participant

This one of course:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994