SunnChild

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I got that magazine, im not able to scan it though, got some funny pictures from a photoshoot with a wind machine and stuff.

in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12148

Really really great concert at Rockefeller last night.

Great sound, it was nice to be able to hear all the instruments properly. The concert started out with some psykedelic jamming, really intense, Kenneth doing some tribal kind of drumming. The light show was way out, never seen anything like it on a concert, very very nice contribution to the experience.

Some 20 minutes or so into the show Bent started doing the Bomb Proof Roll riff, and Kenneth followed with the groove, went on for a while with supersilent improvising on top of it with Snah and then they all burst into the song with vocals and the whole thing. Arve Henriksens trumpet was so great, how he contributed to the songs and in the more psykedelic parts he played some jazzy stuff, really really nice.

The show had lots of dynamics, often it started with one or two instruments, then the rest got into it too, and they builded it up often resulting in a groovy jam on top of some Motorpsycho riff, they played both a part from Little Lucid Moments Suite and Hogwash, with Bent yelling the vocals :)

One of my favourite moments during the gig was when Kenneth and Arve had some sort of drum duel, sending the groove back and forth between the two, very cool. Deathprod had his back to the audience the whole time, some times he did some electronics other times he used his guitar, but you could clearly hear his contributions. StÃ¥le also seemed really into it all the time. Thought Bent seemed a little bored when there got too much “pling plong” as he calls it. After the last jam the band got of stage but returned and did a last jam, couldn’t hear any specific reference in the bass riff but, kenneth and bent got it going and the rest did some nice stuff on top of it.

A very special and interesting concert, by far a great candidate to a new Roadwork LP :) Now we can look forward to the Øya and Timothy’s Monster. Bent said in the paper a while ago that they’ll probably will be joined by Helge Sten and LL at that gig!

in reply to: January new album!!! #14729

Close your eyes (3:30).. 3.30 is useually the max length for a pop song to be able to be played on MTV or whatever, maybe it’s a popsong parodyish thing.. would be fun. Looking so much forward to this album : )

in reply to: Bergen, Verftet 17.10.2009 #13880

The Bergen gig > Oslo gig in many ways.. I liked the setlist better. Oh so epic to end the show with THe Golden Core!! and really LOUD. The sound and lights was better only downer was that in the Verftet hall there were really many speaking and that took alot of attiention specially during the calmer parts.. Sinful Windborne and You Lied was so great ! :)

in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13846

The concert at Rockefeller was great.. i travelled to Bergen and noticed they will be playing here tonight so bought tickets and really looking forward to it. Will be the first time i see them two times in one tour :D ! HOpe for some other songs than at Oslo. Starts in one hour. wooooo

in reply to: Muse does a Motorpsycho #13728

Actully Pink Floyd did this really early in the 60s on french TV, they were told to play with playback and some minutes into Astronomy Divide they all burst into laughter and just were joking around on stage. Gotta love it, playback sucks.

in reply to: great live videos #11507

Thanks alot, great material :)

in reply to: Pstereo preview – Snah interview #13574

“Cd-lyden er rett og slett stygg. Den speiler ikke «hele» sannheten og mangler bÃ¥de overtoner og varme.” : ) : )

in reply to: I would just like to say #13555

Hope some admin removes this idiotic attention topic soon.

in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Tour #12400

Just recieved my tickets to the Rockefeller gig in Oslo :)) looking so much forward to October now :D:D

in reply to: VG review of Child Of The Future (norwegian) #13499

I think Dagsavisen had the best review, although the Dagbladet one wasn’t bad either.

http://www.dagsavisen.no/kultur/musikk/article430737.ece

in reply to: Hennie Onstad #13012

Wow, cheers Rolf. What an epic concert. Thanks alot.

in reply to: Hennie Onstad #13009

Don’t know how to send any private messages on this board, so might as well just post it here! Apocalypse811@hotmail.com :) to gyankumar and clencypu

Sounds good, would love to see some pictures =) and ofc interested in hearing a recording clenceypu

in reply to: WCH, Drammen 06/06/09 #12278

Great concert! Got a bit upset about some idiot throwing a beer onstage during the first song, all is loneliness.. which kind of ruined the mood, but it got good again as soon as they played the intro riff on No Evil! Nothing to complain about the songs, really good, and varied in my opinion, maybe a bit much weight on the LLM album, but it’s a great album so why not? really excited about hearing some new material too, short songs so guess they will be on Child Of The Future, cause the space opera material is suposed to be much longer as i got the impression of at least.

Great

SunnO)))Child

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994