Seattle Psychonaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Nope, listen to Leipzig. bent doesn't say good evening until Bombproof even though it's the fourth song in. I thought that was strange. And no, I don't have Wien 08. I was hoping if I brought it up someone might pop up with it. Still my favorite MP show thogh Bielefeld was very good too. I only saw those 6 shows. Dusseldorf I think too Wien. Some of the best live-times ive had. What a trip. The last solid trip in life for me.

in reply to: 11.03.2011 – Landmark, Bergen, Norway #19426

That's a killer set list. Any word on being able to get a live version?

Seattle Psychonaut

in reply to: rw4 #19135

One more beef. The version of Landslide at Bielefeld was surperior. And nothing from Wien from that year. For the Motortraders, Dig the (rare) Wien shows. 2002 and 2008 are most excellent. Best in show, Bomb Proof Roll. Close second is Wishing Well. Maybe even the other way around. Love it all. Never heard MP I did not like. From early "Soothing Songs for Rut" to what you guys erronously call the Pop years (pop indeed) to BH/BC to Children. Faves AADAP, Timothy's, Phanaerothyme, the EPs Starmelt, Ozone and Serpentine and though it didn't blow me away at first HMF has been spinning in my car more than almost anything else this past year. So RW 4, like most MP will just get better and better the more I listen to it. One of the reasons I Love MP. They just get better and better. Gods, someone get me to more shows!!!!!!!!

in reply to: rw4 #19128

OK, my bits. Love the songs (though I had to hear it from an "alternative" source) I love everything though I wasn't blown away by Alchemyst. I guess we all need to have a beef. I would have loved to hear SunShip, or Tiger or Whole Lotta Diana. But it all works. BTW, count me in a s a HUGE fane of wishing well. Go back and dig the version from Stockholm 2002. And I love the version on Starmelt. Love all of that EP. Only real complaint, why not 2 cd,s. It was fine for BH/BC. I know they had plenty live stuff for it. Love it anyway. I guess after waiting so long for more live, bitching about it is just whining.

in reply to: rw4 #19127

What's the bands thing with baseball. I have hard time imagining the guys watching baseball on the tube. BTW, I believe the Dutch reference is about football. It's great to have a track from one of the few shows I've see. Very cool.

Seattle Psychonaut

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18449

I would love to hear some live works masteretd from the MP camp.

Seattle Psychonaut

in reply to: Promotion Thread – Post your music here #11950

Sorry, I can't figure out how to make it a link so copy and paste to your hearts content.

myspace.com/soloandothers

Seattle Psychonaut

in reply to: Promotion Thread – Post your music here #11949

OK, just for fun. Hdere's some stuff I'v done in the past. (way pasy now it seems) It can be found at myspace.com/soloandothers "Heavy Metal Meltdown" is a song the drummer and I wrote together. It's supposed to be sort of Black Sabbath doing jazz. "Mike Showed Me" is a personal composition I wrote for our saxophonist. "Rocker Whore" was a song I wrote as an excuse for our guitarist (a different line up than the previous songs) to cut loose. "L'Amourita Boulevard" was written by the 2 brothers that ran Shinola. And last, "Sonarchy Edit #5". Aluminum Toast had the oppurtunity to perform a live show on the radio on KCMU in Seattle (The shows still broadcast and we may be archived, I don't know.) We went in with no agenda and improvised for 2 25 minute sets. This was the ending to of the first half and I've always really liked it. Not exactly masterworks but fun nonetheless. By-the-way, I play bass on these though I play keys, guitar and some drums as well.

in reply to: London 24.11.10 #18610

"Leslie's Vest" I believe refers to Leslie West of Mountain fame who wore. for many years, a God awful vest. Of course he also played some mind numbing guitar and may be instrumental in MP's usage of ear shattering volume. Their (Mountain that is) AMAZING record "Nantucket Sleighride" has the admonition "This record should be played LOUD[/b] for maximum sonority"

Seattle Psychonaut (can't wait to hear it)

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12734

The player kept glitching but I got some good bits and pieces. I like Flamoemanic and Nikogashnik. Any long space jams? Oslo huh?

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12732

Speaking of more music. Have bass (and effects) will travel. Anyone got a floor I could crash on for a bit and a band that needs a versatile and unique bassist. I would drop it all in a heartbeat to get to Europe just to play. No, really.

Live Music is the Best. (SNicker, snicker)

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12731

I thought I would throw out a couple of the less obvious ones. I’ve been digging Shooter Jennings and Hierophant’s Black Ribbons with Stephen King as DJ. It’s a bit flaed but it has some killer stuff including the outragous “F%#k you I’m Famous”

From the older realms, Brian Auger and the Oblivian Express. (Love the Hammond organ)

Hawkwind. Just about anything by Zero 7. And run out and get Zappa Wazoo and Imaginary Diseases. It’s the “Zappa Jazz” stuff live. Imaginary Diseases is particularly awesome. Very good.

in reply to: if you could make an Motorpsycho Anthology album #18149

Another comp. When everything really went into chaos I put together a disc. It was labeled “Catharsis” for when I needed my insides torn out.

1. Vortex Surfer

2. Manmower

3. Taifun

4. Plan #1

5. True Middle

6. Fools Gold (Rockefeller ’96 version)

7. Giftland

Jesus, what a Heart Trip.

in reply to: if you could make an Motorpsycho Anthology album #18148

When I was REALLY getting into MP and work was getting tough to stay at and my marriage was falling apart I listened to almost nothing but MP. And I found at work this mix disc I made finding it’s way into the player time and again. I don’t claim it as an “Anthology” and it’s pre-Kenneth, but here it is.

1. One More Saturday Night

2. What If…

3. Theme De Yo Yo

4. One More Daemon

5. B.S.

6. Landslide

7. You Lied

8. Heart Attack Mac

9. Step Inside

10.Uberwagner

11.Heartbreaker

12.Have Fun

13.For Free

14.Superstooge

15.Composite Head

in reply to: The Psychonauts MOTORPYCHO ALBUMCUP 2010 #18117

I got only English but i get you guys loud-and-clear. I think you English is fine. Thanks ofr all that too. That way I can folow what goes on.

Peace,

Seattle Psychonaut

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994