grindove

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38257
    grindove
    Participant

@The Other Anders: Ouff 8O Sorry to hear that, and thanks for putting things into perspective! Sweden isn't that bad after all. Even if Postnord has invested billions in deteriorating service here during the last decade, I gotta remind myself that customs ain't Postnord, and it can always be worse – somewhere else, or here soon. Sorry for offtopicism!

in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38255
      grindove
      Participant

I paid customs (which was a nice, low €1.20, plus the annoying, stupidly high €7.50 fee – that's Sweden for ya) last week, and I got the package here in Stockholm yesterday. Super nice reading and cool pix with the "Maiden voyage" release.

Will soon/"soon" try to sell the three albums from this bundle that I don't want to keep :|

in reply to: Personal MP Concert Statistics #40017
        grindove
        Participant

Concerts visited: 18 (1996-2022).

Longest gap between shows: 7 years (2002-10-29 to 2009-10-29) :(

Locations: Six different cities in Sweden (incl five different venues in Stockholm), Oslo (twice), Utrecht, Copenhagen (thrice) and Berlin.

Most "obscure": Strömsborg in Vänersborg, Sweden, 1997-11-02 (opening for Fireside), and Herrgår'n in Linköping, Sweden, 1998-03-26.

Most songs at a show: 18 (Pumpehuset in Copenhagen, Denmark, 2014-06-11).

Least songs at a show: 6 (Raj Harder indoors festival in Köping, Sweden, 1997-11-01).

Different songs experienced: 126.

Song experienced most often: "STG" (9 times), and luckily it's a great one :-)

Song anticipated most: "The wheel", which I still haven't experienced live :|

Specials:

-A couple of "Un chien d'espace" performances before the jams became ridiculously extended :lol: I know a lot of people love it more the longer it gets. One of my favorite songs but I don't think it benefits from exceeding 18 minutes – those improvisations don't match the mood of the lyrics or the feel of the basic song, according to me.

-"Painting the night unreal" – a huge favorite of mine – once (Debaser Slussen, Stockholm, 2002-10-29).

-Two nights in a row this year (Malmö and Copenhagen) with only one (1) overlapping song. Total worship!

in reply to: 22-05-23 Beatpol Dresden #39957
          grindove
          Participant

@Spacebandit: Tonight could be fitting with some BÖC since it's Albert Bouchard's birthday :) He didn't write "Godzilla", though (but I think Fu Manchu covered that one enough, and it's not on my fave BÖC songs list).

It's also Tomas Järmyr's birthday :cheers: Let him eat cake!

in reply to: 2022-05-22 München, Backstage Halle #39934
            grindove
            Participant

Wow, they actually planned to totally ignore the latest album here 8O

Thanks to everyone for all the reports! I'm not much into sports, but I imagine this feels kinda like following your favorite team during game season, except there are no losses – just a question of how gigantic the victories are :D

in reply to: 2022-05-21 Reutlingen, Franz K #39911
              grindove
              Participant

"Rock bottom" – Kiss or UFO?

in reply to: 2022-04-29 Malmö, Plan B #39747
                grindove
                Participant

@Anders: Ah, so that was you?! Hehe, cool! Nice to get a face to the name. Though I might need a reminder next time we meet, bacause I have problems remembering what people look like :|

Yes, in hindsight it might seem a bit weird being so harsh on a gig with three superfave tracks. That's more than during the following – enormously good – show (which "only" had one). But those songs I'm not a big fan of really affected my overall feeling and verdict in Malmö. Again, it sounds as if I thought it was bad. It wasn't. It was very good, just not overwhelming or mindblowing.

Very happy I could attend these two dates, and looking forward to next time I get the opportunity to catch the band live – whatever they might cook up!

Will follow every report from this tour with excitement. Have fun, you all! Cheers from Stockholm!

in reply to: Ulv Ulv #39505
                  grindove
                  Participant

Now on vinyl, as I suppose some have noticed :-)

in reply to: 2022-04-30 Copenhagen Stairway #39753
                    grindove
                    Participant

Yesss! SO much better than Malmö the night before! Mp really proved why they are the best band in the world! Actually only one of my "absolute favorites", that's "NOX", but very strong stuff all the way through, with the exception of "Like chrome", which I'm not a huge fan of, and despite being the closer of the set it actually wasn't the anticlimax one might think – I was surprisingly fine with it. This show was a body function test: no time to pee or get something to drink, haha!

In parts pretty messy "NOX", with some miscommunication onstage leading to Reine getting ahead of the other guys for a moment, but that didn't ruin it for me – quite the opposite, actually! I love this kind of tension and I get sort of nervous – in a good way. Excitement, they say. Like the pros they are everyone soon was back on track, and towards the end Tomas gave beautiful pondus to the chaos by speeding things up. Maximum brilliance!

Usually not a fave of mine, but "Superstooge" was awesome! Relatively short and to the point, I'd say, with a cool noise part after the first chorus (if memory serves me right).

I'm so happy that the two shows I witnessed came in this order, and not the opposite :) Such a great trip!

Unfortunately I'm no ThorEgil, but anyway…

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grindove/52045386839/in/album-72177720298582039/

in reply to: 2022-04-29 Malmö, Plan B #39745
                      grindove
                      Participant

My "absolute favorites" were few and far inbetween: "A hoof to the head", "Cosmoctopus" and "Plan #1". Total worship during those moments!

"Hell, part 1-3", "The united debased", second half of "A Pacific sonata" and "Lacuna/Sunrise" were solid.

I actually love "STG", but it didn't sound as powerful as I'd wish, and I often want it a bit faster, as was the case also this time. Still good, though!

Unfortunate for me there was too much I always can do without, such as second half of the "LLM" suite (but I needed to visit the toilet anyway, so it was OK), "Cloudwalker" (although the new section/jam made it slightly better, or at least kind of interesting), first half of "A Pacific sonata" (but I was almost dying from thirst, so it came timely), "Feel" (somewhat nice version anyway) and especially "Hogwash" (which was in parts saved by Tomas' whims of playing uptempo).

Worth the trip from Stockholm? Hell (part 1-7) yes! Even a "decent" Motorpsycho gig is better than most other bands. The "weak" Mp songs are still strong in comparison with other "similar" stuff out there. The main ruining factor of course being my expectations/hopes of "The wheel", "Mountian", "NOX", "Heartattack Mac", "Mad sun", "Ghost", "Hell, part 4-6", "Back to source", "Dreamkiller" etc. But hey: no covers, and finishing off the set with the best song of the evening – that's how I like it!

The barrier making the huge distance to the stage/band is something we might have to accept in these times, but it doesn't do miracles with creating a nice atmosphere.

Setlist pic (incl drummer):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grindove/52045077576/in/album-72177720298581439/

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39303
                        grindove
                        Participant

@Johnny_Heartfield: Hehe, yes, I'll enjoy whatever they do, I suppose, as long as they don't do the "complete album from start to finish" thing – a trend that I'd love to see disappear and never return, grrr. The show I witnessed on the "Unicorn" tour was by far the least good Mp gig I've attended :| Part of what I worship about this band is not knowing what next song will be at the concerts. The surprise! The excitement!! And I need a couple of non-favorites in order to pee once in a while :lol:

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39301
                          grindove
                          Participant

@Johnny_Heartfield: Not originally performed/written by Mp, so, obviously no :wink: But yes, sure, they always do great versions of those, as well as of "Into the sun" and "Black to comm" for example, but as they have tons and hours of own songs even better than that, I'd rather see them focus on their own material :D

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2022 #39299
                            grindove
                            Participant

I got tickets for Malmö and Copenhagen. Will be awesome! I hope for a lot of stuff, but mostly: no covers :-) I want 100% Motorpsycho!

in reply to: Technical hurdles mounting, how about Reddit? #39649
                              grindove
                              Participant

Huge thanks to Vegard! Even if I'm not very active here I appreciate this forum A LOT! One of the few places I visit every day.

Sorry for not having any ideas or suggestions concerning the technical part of things. I would donate if it was about the cost. If due to hassle you can't keep this forum going, I won't blame you.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38529
                                grindove
                                Participant

I was determined to not jump into this, since I don't have the time, energy, intellect or language to express what I feel and think. With that said, I probably won't return with further comments if someone replies or reflects on this – sorry!

I just want to point out that while some people go on here as if Bent was the one making governments' decisions, I don't even see him saying there SHOULD be vaccination certificates or regulations like that. He only said it would be "reasonable", and that he "would not have any problem with such a regulation". To me, there's actually a difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994