Johnny_Heartfield

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 529 total)
  • Author
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

If I remember correctly, I downloaded "The Tower" as flac.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32695
      Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

RW 3 & 5 in the bag. Thou' I must say I'd have prefered simple black vinyl. Easier to hit the tracks and not as vulnerable.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32683
        Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

@ Punj Lizard: So should it be. I started rebying the stuff on vinyl almost exclusively for the emotional extra value.

Then sometimes vinyl really sounds better – but that depends on the mastering of album and/or CD. Many early CD reissues of great albums were just awful soundwise. My copy of "Axis Bold As Love" I bought second hand in London ages ago with lots of surface scratches still sounds much much better than most of its rereleases.

What I meant regarding collector value – sometimes you decide to get the album version years after release and then have to face astronomical prices which is just a shame.

On the other hand with MP vinyl it will not happen to you that you will find your favourite albums in the cheap sale department after a while which can be quite heartbreaking for a true fan. Happened to me with my favourite Hawkwind albums of the early 90s…

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32675
          Johnny_Heartfield
          Participant

I do have RW III on DVD and extracted the audio for private use on CD – but still I think this is no comparison to a specially mastered good old vinyl copy.

In hindsight I regret not having bought several MP records on vinyl (Phanerothyme, BHBC), even though I mostly listened to CDs at the time. In fact MP turned me back to vinyl again.

I never regretted buying any MP album on vinyl, even though I had most of them on CD already. They're getting quite rare after a while, or at least don't lose much value over the years. And maybe one day you'll even own a record player again?

in reply to: Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels #31301
            Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

Oh yes! Thanks very much once again, Bernie!

Fills a gap – shame that no audience recordings of this great gig has appeared on DIME until now.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32663
              Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

@ Krist: Depends if you chose the album version or the cd version.

The 2LP version has Feel on it:

http://www.runegrammofon.com/artists/motorpsycho/ralp318-motorpsycho-roadwork-vol-1-2lp/

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32658
                Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

If they took the Leipzig Lacuna/Sunrise, as it looks now, then it's gonna be a monster of a live album!

My guess:

Side 1: Ship of Fools

Side 2: Sleepwalking – Lacuna Sunrise pt. 1

Side 3: Lacuna Sunrise Pt. 2 – Manmower

Side 4: K̦ln РUn Chien pt. 1

Side 5: Un Chien pt. 2

Side 6: Taifun

So be it!

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32654
                  Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

I find this selection just wonderful, if a little short ;-)

To satisfy all expectations it would have had to be a 10 LP box at least. Motorpsycho'll probably save this for the time when they're retired (horror!)- just like the Dead did and still do with their endless output of great concert recordings.

Dream home has improved very much over the months – find this year's april versions so much better – so for me it's no big deal they left it out on RW V.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32265
                    Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

There is still a little gap in the november tour plan between Erlangen 13th and Rolling Stone Park Rust on the 17th. Probably one or two more shows in southern Germany?

Heidelberg or Mannheim would be great. Freiburg also an option – MP never played there, although there should be an audience in Germany's "alternative capital".

in reply to: MP – Alkmaar NL, Victorie April 18 #32441
                      Johnny_Heartfield
                      Participant

Whatever the sound at the gig itself – Rune's Recording (and Spacebandit's editing for DIME) is just great. What a gig! One of the best of 2018 so far – great Sonata, great Mac To Source, Eagle's Son once again… Could go on forever.

Thanx a lot, mates!

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32253
                        Johnny_Heartfield
                        Participant

Sometimes the "short" festival gigs can get better than the regular full 2 1/2-3h onslaught imho. Herzberg 2011 & 15 and especially Freak Valley 2014 rank among my favourite MP gigs.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32639
                          Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

Thanks a lot four your video posts!

Btw: find the video light show quite good – by far not as unsatisfying as Bent had it in his 2017 comments. Sometimes a little chaotic, but even then quite adequate and artistically satisfying.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32635
                            Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

@jms – Thanks for the infomation. Sadly Cologne 08 is the one of the three show mentioned I already have. Hopefully there's more in the next few weeks.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32632
                              Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

Urgent request:

Please upload shows on DIME first. Contrary to motortrades DIME is not exclusive – you can go on uploading them elsewhere (i.e. motortrades) next.

Several of us are not on mtrades and – at least for my part – are quite content with DIME.

So – please!!!

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32623
                                Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

Roadwork V as a 3 LP volume is adequate, but the tracks should have been:

LP1 (2013)

A:

August

Ãœberwagner feat. the Pilgrim

B:

True Middle

The Ocean In Her Eye

Fool's Gold

LP2 (2014) A&B:

Düsseldorf Thunderhell

LP3 (2015)

A:

Year Zero

Through The Veil

B:

Starhammer

On A Plate

Into The Sun

Sadly MP missed the opportunity to record some of their best live output of the Kenneth era. The tours 2013 – 2015 were just brilliant. When they finally tried in 2016 it was already too late – probably appropriate that the attempted recordings didn't turn out satisfactory.

So this fictional RW V will probably enter MP history as the Great Lost Roadwork.

Oh yes – and it should of course be called "A Collection Of Great Motorpsychedelic Dance Songs" ;-)

RW V should thus actually be RW VI.

Anyway – it's much anticipated under any name.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 529 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994